Xtreme Gaming Network

Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga

Author Topic: Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga  (Read 14565 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: Jul 21 fun run: Abarth 500 at Vallelunga
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 08:41:12 AM »
Too fast into corner... game wrecker... player killer...
Sorry Joe!!  :o

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 09:49:29 AM »
Hah no worries Stan, I braked a tad early due to braking late the previous lap and nearly going off, saw you steaming up behind me just as I was going for the apex. Tried to adjust my line but didn't work  ;D

Race 1 did a Rolz, got my best qually lap (10th) then quit instead of pits, then forgot to load my setup and started a the back. Avoided the accident at turn 1 a couple of laps in then held my position to the end.

Race 2 started on pole, crap start, lost a couple of positions, then lost a couple more due to messing up my line, then the goat killer must have got confused and mistook me for a goat...

I liked the change of pace from the last season, but like others have said if you fall behind would be hard to catch up. Also that I was able to fend Wally off for so long just seemed wrong.

Quote of the night goes to Gratulin; I was laughing so hard I nearly crashed off the track  :o

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:03 AM »
As others pointed out in a pack its fun but on its own its a bit boring and even in the pack its a little hard to pass since its so slow and the braking zones are so small lol.

Had decent races though race 1 was nice and close but i couldnt do anything since it was so close lol and it didnt help that marty and gb were side by side most the time lol and race 2 i found suited the cars more since it had faster straighter braking zones so you could pass a bit.   
do you even motorsports?

Offline Chap

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 10:49:49 AM »
Had a Blast last night,
Wasn't being rude my mic wouldn't work with TS for some reason(stupid Iphone), but i could hear fine especially the Quote of the night.
I have never laughed so hard while trying to drive. tears were rolling down my face.

Race 1
Sorry to the person(I can't remember and forgot to save the replay) I t-boned in the 1st race 1st corner i think, looked like you had a moment with someone else which left me with little options and it was to late to brake so i kept the foot into it which i shouldn't have done.  :-[
My car was destroyed from this point on but was still fun trying to keep up to you guys.

Race 2
Didn't read the 1st post properly and didn't realise it was the full track  :-[  Hadn't turned a lap there ever before last night.
I don't think i ran into anyone but sorry if i did. Still had fun running around the back of the pack.

Someone mentioned last night about Traction Control hurting lap times in those cars and it does, my settings were set to factory so tc was on, after race 2 i jumped off the server I turned it off and did a lap and was .5sec quicker around the club track

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
Sorry I couldn't make it last night my trusty but very old G25 pedals have finally given up.  Accelerator spiking a lot and struggling to get full power.  I've swapped potentiometers around previously but there is nothing left to swap/clean.  Luckily I have found a near new G27 on Gumtree for $160 which I pick up on Saturday so will be back up for next week . . . and hopefully a little quicker!!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 12:42:30 PM »

Someone mentioned last night about Traction Control hurting lap times in those cars and it does, my settings were set to factory so tc was on, after race 2 i jumped off the server I turned it off and did a lap and was .5sec quicker around the club track

Just a tip in case you didn't know, control+T cycles through the different levels of traction control and also turns it after after the highest level.
control+A for ABS.

Alt+F4 for good times apparently.

Quote of the night has to become quote of the year, surely?

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 01:03:33 PM »
Obviously my headphones were to quiet again when missed this quote... or it was when I'd exited...

Can anyone share?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
"I didn't mean to come inside you Wally"  courtesy of one G. Ratulin.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 01:25:44 PM »
"I didn't mean to come inside you Wally"  courtesy of one G. Ratulin.

Still laughing out loud...

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »
Classic  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 01:33:02 PM »
I so wish that someone was recording teamspeak last nite as I was laughing so hard for nearly 3 laps after that gem. I cant repeat here as this is a G rated site and also Wally's wife may see this and best she doesnt find out the sort of things he gets up to on a Tuesday nite with Gratulin.  :-*

Regarding TC its also not in any way set by your SP settings these are determined by the server, if factory aids are enabled then all cars will default with factory settings and you need to turn them off from in car. I recommend using the ingame electronics app as this will display what aids are in use and the best part of the app is if there are no aids being used you dont even see the app.

Also if using ABS or TC the little icon will go yellow indicating when they are actually active same as DRS icon will go yellow when its active. Handy info to know and it will help you drive cars the way you want.

The races themselves, race 1 was a bit of fun with a good battle up front with GB and lots of side by side action, I got a little too keen and gave him a bit of a punt at the hairpin on the last lap with a bit of a dive bomb. Other then that we were very close the entire race with Matthew right there too but as he said, us being side by side most of it didnt really give him much of a look.

Race 2 I think the longer track suited these cars a bit better but unfortunately after starting at the back and getting half way through the field Wally tried to do a Gratulin on me (he rear ended me but thankfully no fluids were exchanged) which spun me around and back to the end of the field. I then started to fight back but trying to pass someone outside the chicane I got it loose and spun all on my own getting back to the end of the field again. Was too big a gap to those up front but really If I dropped 25 seconds to those guys in any car I wasnt going to get it back. It may be a little easier to catch the mid field back up but catching guys running a similar lap time isnt going to work in any car. The tricky thing is that with the racing so close the chance of contact is higher, I think race 2 I was 3 wide 2 or 3 times before I got spun so it really could have happened a few times before that.

It would be a bit of a change in seasons,  the cars themselves arent so thrilling to drive and they are more fun on some tracks then others. It will be interesting to see how the other test races go, chances are we will have 1.2 and ballast by the time the season comes around so maybe we dont need a car handicap as proposed in the 2 eleven series and maybe just have it as a single car series with ballast given to the quicker guys using either race results or championship position.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
LOL...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal