Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 22 F1 '66

Author Topic: Season 22 F1 '66  (Read 32790 times)

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 22 F1 '66
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 07:11:31 AM »
Not sure if its just my pc playing up still , but i can't get on the server with outlon park track,  I redownloaded the track from the links in first post but get a checksum error . which i also had before deleting the exiting track.

is it just me or anyone else having the same issue ?
I also cannot join server, and using CM "check what is missing" I ended up going around in circles with my CM  track install app getting corrupted and it would not install any tracks. I had to verify my AC local files to correct the problem.
 I know this track works

https://sharemods.com/7po1xnd1jb4j/oulton_park.7z.html

Weird problem :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 07:33:29 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 07:25:17 AM »
What a great night, probably the best "reliving the past" simracing experience I have had :) :) :) 8) 8) 8). Thanks to all involved and especially Rob, chasing you down was a blast ;D.
Also a big welcome to the new drivers , you are welcome any time :).

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
I agree Roo was a great night.  A big lesson learnt by me to check your fuel level before the race!

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 10:35:09 AM »
Had a horrible night last night, had 10x more crash laps than non-crash laps. Think my head just wasn't in the right place. The fact that the track had very little run-off areas and made excursions more dangerous didn't help. Hopefully next week will have more run-off areas. Still enjoy these cars, not like they are hard to drive, just had a very bad night, hopefully next week will be better.
I would also like to apologize to those who I cleaned up with my prangs, especially Mael, who I took out while he was leading.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:49:01 AM by gawaterman »

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2020, 11:13:18 AM »
Echo statements, was a great nights racing and really good to see a bunch of new (returning) people.

Tough track to pass on but great place to have several "clench" moments per lap!

I was a bit lucky in race 1, shame for Scotty_Racer to run out of fuel and Cooper who had an off with 1.5 laps to go. Was not going to get past them on track. Anyway, a win is a win - even if Joe wasn't there  8)

Race 2 was fun, I was a big winner from the major wreck on lap 1.  The yellow flag worked well to at least bring the field back into a group.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2020, 12:03:31 PM »
I would also like to apologize to those who I cleaned up with my prangs, especially Mael, who I took out while he was leading.

Not your fault GW, I saw your accident and noticed the yellow flag but it was potentially going to be a sub 1:22 lap so I chose the eyes close, hope and pray method. Did not work!

Really enjoyed the cars although the racing probably was not that easy. I commend anyone who made a genuine pass, T1 was probably possible as a overtaking place but anywhere else would have been a huge risk!

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »
Had a horrible night last night, had 10x more crash laps than non-crash laps. Think my head just wasn't in the right place. The fact that the track had very little run-off areas and made excursions more dangerous didn't help.

Don't worry too much it is a very tough combo to drive and very unforgiving for the slightest mistake , from memory of my GPL days this track is probably the most challenging to get it right consistently .   I'm sure if it was the last race of the season and being used to the cars more you would of been quite a bit better at it.
Very tough, but wow so much fun for the first race of the season.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2020, 01:23:50 PM »
Look like you all survived without me and I am out of a job lol,  well done seanus,  you are probably the best person for this atm as I am very time hungry :(
looking forward to racing again though
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline CaptSparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2020, 06:56:51 PM »
Hey boys. I lost a battle with a compactor this week and can't sit for too long so I'm going to sook out this week. Sorry about the late notice, I was feeling better this morning but pretty rubbish atm.  Enjoy your night.

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2020, 08:31:25 AM »
Hey boys. I lost a battle with a compactor this week and can't sit for too long so I'm going to sook out this week. Sorry about the late notice, I was feeling better this morning but pretty rubbish atm.  Enjoy your night.
Hope to see you next week, download the track anyway just to see how good it is :).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal