Xtreme Gaming Network

Vallelunga Trackday, Thu May 22: KTM X-Bow and Lotus 2-Eleven

Author Topic: Vallelunga Trackday, Thu May 22: KTM X-Bow and Lotus 2-Eleven  (Read 26393 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Vallelunga Trackday, Thu May 22: KTM X-Bow and Lotus 2-Eleven
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »
...it could have been easy to call it a night and blame AC.

We reserve that mentality for work!  :D

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »
...it could have been easy to call it a night and blame AC.

We reserve that mentality for work!  :D

That got a chuckle from me  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 01:33:31 PM »
LOL when I first started that video, a voice in the back of my mind said: whoa, weird things going on in your mirror!

Good driving.  I reckon I've simply tried to corner too fast with the lotus, I could nearly always hear the tires.  And thus it was always understeering, and I wasn't able to get good exits.

It was great fun, still.   

Oh, and the xbow has quite a punch in the low end, I reckon.  But the top speed is just missing - could be the very long final gear.

I think most of the street cars you need to get it slowed enough on entry to hit the apex, also be quite patient with throttle especialy the KTM was tending to push if too early where the lotus would snap loose pretty quick mid corner to exit if you werent pushing on entry.

The KTM I think is much better turning in then the lotus but i forgot to save the replay from race one. My lap times were a second quicker in the lotus compared to the ktm mostly due to the extra speed down the straights I think

Racing others its quite easy to see where you gain and lose time but still quite hard to pass as there is no draft in mp yet. I try to drive clean but still I bunped someone into a haripin in race 1 when I locked up on the inside, race 2 I got stuck inside the sweeper needing to slow to hold a tight line and someone further back mustnt have seen me or expected a car there so we went for a nice spin on the grass together.

Was impressive how close we could drive and I didnt see anyone lag or jitter out there which is pretty good of the early net code.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
LOL when I first started that video, a voice in the back of my mind said: whoa, weird things going on in your mirror!

Good driving.  I reckon I've simply tried to corner too fast with the lotus, I could nearly always hear the tires.  And thus it was always understeering, and I wasn't able to get good exits.

It was great fun, still.   

Oh, and the xbow has quite a punch in the low end, I reckon.  But the top speed is just missing - could be the very long final gear.

I think most of the street cars you need to get it slowed enough on entry to hit the apex, also be quite patient with throttle especialy the KTM was tending to push if too early where the lotus would snap loose pretty quick mid corner to exit if you werent pushing on entry.

The KTM I think is much better turning in then the lotus but i forgot to save the replay from race one. My lap times were a second quicker in the lotus compared to the ktm mostly due to the extra speed down the straights I think

Racing others its quite easy to see where you gain and lose time but still quite hard to pass as there is no draft in mp yet. I try to drive clean but still I bunped someone into a haripin in race 1 when I locked up on the inside, race 2 I got stuck inside the sweeper needing to slow to hold a tight line and someone further back mustnt have seen me or expected a car there so we went for a nice spin on the grass together.

Was impressive how close we could drive and I didnt see anyone lag or jitter out there which is pretty good of the early net code.
Hey Marty, Race two, that was me..... :)  I came flying through and suddenly you were slowed there.  I think I got half beside you but then contact . . apologise, I didnt expect you to slow there!

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 07:10:08 PM »
Have to say that freakin awsome
When does the first season start ????? sign me up

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2014, 09:28:59 AM »
Hey Marty, Race two, that was me..... :)  I came flying through and suddenly you were slowed there.  I think I got half beside you but then contact . . apologise, I didnt expect you to slow there!

No worries racing incident anyway I tried to make a move but then realised we would surely crash as I was in no mans land, so I slowed to not run wide and hit the other guy. It wouldnt be expected to see someone slow so much there as its a flat corner or close to and I probably would have hit me too if I was you. All good no sheepstations were lost as far as I know but if you did win one id like a share of it. I quite enjoyed battling through the field anyway way more fun then running outfront on your own hotlapping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal