Xtreme Gaming Network

Tuesday night mod tracks

Author Topic: Tuesday night mod tracks  (Read 45731 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Tuesday night mod tracks
« on: December 14, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »
This is a list of mod tracks deemed to be of high enough quality to use in Tuesday night league races (no holes, no timing issues, high quality graphics, preferably scratch made for AC). Each link is the download link for the track.

Barbagallo
Baskerville
Blackwood  (Seanus fix with more pits)
Circuit de la Sarthe
Croft
Donington  + [ SEANUS PIT MOD ]
Gentrack1
Luccaring
Mills Metropark + [ SEANUS PIT MOD ]
Misano MWC
Modena
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Okayama
Paul Ricard
Riverside
Shanghai Tianma Circuit
Thruxton
Tor Poznan
Virginia International Raceway
Winton
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:29:03 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday night mod tracks
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
Any more suggestions - reply to this thread, or post a new thread. I'll keep this main thread updated with the list of tracks.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 09:32:45 PM »
Highlands & Virginia, 10/10 8)

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »
I think Misano is another one we have previously used on Tuesday nights (in the Maserati if I remember correctly?)

Also I don't think I have tried the others, but VIR and Tor Poznan are top quality in my opinion and scratch built I'm fairly certain.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 11:26:07 PM »
I would add to these VIR, Riverside and Bridegehampton.

Baskerville even though its a great track does have a couple issues with timing not working in pits or even off track past the main straight. There is also a big surface drop alongside the back straight which if you go off you may not be able to get back to the main part of track after.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 12:12:56 AM »
I would definitely say these two should make the cut (and indeed are better than some in Wally's list):

Tor Poznan (laserscanned, as far as they say)
VIR

There are a few others that are good enough:

Misano (we used it ok)
Bilster Berg (only for street cars, but the track is a lot of fun---track is not available anymore... long story...but I and a few others still have the file)

On the ones mentioned by Wally: Luccaring worries me a bit in terms of GPU handling it with 20 cars in it; Baskerville has a few issues, but in a big-pack street car race I do not mind it. The best ones seem to be Donington, Riverside, Paul Ricard, and maybe Modena.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 12:45:30 AM »
On the ones mentioned by Wally: Luccaring worries me a bit in terms of GPU handling it with 20 cars in it;

Have you had issue with Lucaring, for me it has run as good if not better then all official tracks. Possibly some with lower end systems have had issues but I think its due an update soon and also getting another layout. Its really one of the great original tracks in AC plus its a proper street track which there are very few of. Not much in terms of issues with track limits when there aren't white lines but solid walls defining these, we have had a few fun runs there and I dont recall anyone saying they had performance issues. There is also a regular low res version and donators HD version which I have and have never had issues on that layout.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »

I added several tracks, but not these yet, as I haven't seen them myself yet:

Highlands Motorsport - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/highlands-motorsport-park-nz.10448/
Brno  - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brno.2584/reviews
Zolder 1967  - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder-1967.5891/
These three tracks looks a bit old school sim cartoonish to me. Highlands is a fun layout though.

MG

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2016, 06:55:23 AM »
If the F138 gets the nod for the upcoming season IMO we should to try to stick to official AC tracks that run F1 as much as possible then try to find the best of the none AC F1 tracks like Monaco, Bacu, Sepang etc if they are out there! Try to keep it as real as possible but as a newbie here iam not sure as yet how you guys run your championships so if iam outta line let me know 🙂 🤔.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »
If the F138 gets the nod for the upcoming season IMO we should to try to stick to official AC tracks that run F1 as much as possible then try to find the best of the none AC F1 tracks like Monaco, Bacu, Sepang etc if they are out there! Try to keep it as real as possible but as a newbie here iam not sure as yet how you guys run your championships so if iam outta line let me know 🙂 🤔.
There are quite a few AC F1 tracks already. The only one I've added is Hockenheim (by T78, from memory). Here's my track list for a F138 season (which I generally try to keep to 6 to 8 rounds):

Barcelona
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone
Hockenheimring
Nurburgring
Spa
Monza

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 09:51:57 AM »
That hockenheim track is reaspnably well done but I remember last time we ran it it was missing counting some laps.

Im still amazed people release tracks with sich basic game breaking bugs but possibly it has been fixed. Best to test it in mp and run some laps via the pit also some off track across the line to see if its fixed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2016, 10:50:26 AM »
That hockenheim track is reaspnably well done but I remember last time we ran it it was missing counting some laps.

Im still amazed people release tracks with sich basic game breaking bugs but possibly it has been fixed. Best to test it in mp and run some laps via the pit also some off track across the line to see if its fixed.
Yeah, it will need some testing. I haven't come across any problems yet, but it needs some more testing.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 01:32:56 PM »
I would like to put Alastaro Circuit up for consideration. This is a scratch made track with laser scan data, has multiple layouts, and 24 pit boxes (40 pit boxes for the "Track Day" layout). I've driven a few races here with AI and there are no obvious problems, and apart from the replay cameras not being fantastic there aren't really any criticisms in the Race Department "reviews" section for it either.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alastaro-circuit.11471/

:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal