Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Night Fun Racing

Author Topic: Thursday Night Fun Racing  (Read 38719 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Thursday Night Fun Racing
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
I guess it just needs to be tested, I think it may not work as each car entered must have a grid location. Worst case grid 25 and on ends up off map and kills the server performance best case it works  ;). I know you can have more people then grid spots for a regular open booking server but in early build if there were more drivers then spots the server would crash. The difference there is that the server only loads as many cars as it needs to after the booking period where pre booked all will need to have cars loaded and parked even if not all drivers turn up.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »
Well, here's hoping Kunos allow free-join some time soon.  Can't believe they thought only having a few minute window to get into a server was a good idea... who knows come Saturday all our worries might be gone :)

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
Id be happy with any amount of race time :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
The FreeJoin mod is still a bit clunky. I have to still assign cars to slots in an entry list, just no names & guids.
What I've tried is to add all 29 GUIDS to the entry list of our AUS-www.xgn.com.au-TUE-NIGHTS server, set up on a 15 min qual/7 lap race cycle at Monza (with the BMW M3 E30 cars for now).
Can someone try to join this server and see if it shts itself with 29 cars in there and let me know how it goes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
Just tried server didnt chit itself but likely would once one of the last 3 cars joined, as there are 26 grid and pit spots at Monza and so here is where the last 3 spawned. They are all actually inside the one car a few meters above the ground waiting to most likely fall through the map once they enter the car.

Seeing there are 26 spots I dont see any reason we cant have a couple reserves in this week if there are 26 guys that want to race but as I expected pre-booking more people then spots doesnt work.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 10:06:44 PM »
Well the FreeJoin stuff probably works, but to make life easier, I would just set all cars in the entry list to a single make. I'll give it a try.

I've set the AUS-www.xgn.com.au-TUE-NIGHTS server up as a FreeJoin server, with 24 slots - i.e. the first 24 drivers can join in. The server has the usual password (PM me if you don't know it). To use this, you have to download a mod from HERE. There are instructions for the client.

To install back up your 'Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\launcher\themes\default\modules\online' directory.
Then extract files from this archive to your AC directory (Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:25:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
Thanks Wally just tried and the server with freejoin works fine, also noticed another advantage there is no 25 second wait or at least there wasnt this time. You just enter the password, pick a car and press join then your in. Having freejoin hasnt caused me any issues joining other servers so its well worth installing for the guys on the fence as it lets you join any time and bypass the worst feature in AC MP

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »
Alright, that looks all good. I'm not going to stuff around with skins. You tell me what car/track combo you want, and I'll put it up. I'm not going to be around tomorrow night - I'll just leave the server up looping like this.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
Any ideas on car/track combo?

How does Lotus 2 Eleven @Vallelunga sound? - used recently for test trackday, different car from current season, good "trainer" car (?), Vallelunga not used in current season and seems to suit the Eleven. This is just a suggestion however. Others seem to be able to pick good car/track combos. GT cars are good but seem to suit tracks like Silverstone or Imola that we have just done.

Seeing it was Gratulin's suggestion I guess first week we can go with his choice, maybe add the KTM same as the race a while back. Then people can choose another combination later on.

Maybe 20 min qualy and 10 or 12 lap race with half 2 elevens and half KTM's then people just choose which they want.

Also if you can enable voting just in case the server is frozen we should be able to vote to restart it.

Thanks Wally
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:01:13 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 11:19:02 PM »
All done, 12 KTMs, 12 Lotuses at Vallelunga. 20 min qually, 10 lap race. Have fun!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 11:30:47 PM »
Wow! That's fantastic. I tested the FreeJoin setup just now and it worked a treat.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 11:58:58 PM »
Thanks Wally, will see how many are up for a race. You should be able to join even mid race and start from the pits so no need to wait for qualy if anyone wants to join in using freejoin.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2014, 04:53:03 AM »
I'd love to be there but won't be able to make it as I'm away with work.  Look forward to hearing the results :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
Shame Guybrush always fun racing with you, Wally I just noticed a bit of an issue with the server though I know your not available.

Being at Vallelunga there are only 22 grid slots but server is accepting 24 so 2 cars will be in the wrong spots.

I just checked and the last 2 cars on the list will fall through the map and the one before them is also in the wrong spot, so if anyone joins just avoid those cars and it may be ok still.

Here is what happens when you enter the last 2 cars in the list that dont have spots here.

[youtube]JeRykLe9RRE[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »
I did try a lap and FPS dropped a bit going by the pits but on track performance still seemed ok, as long as nobody takes the last 3 KTM cars on the list I think it should be ok. Strange how the 22nd car is also not in its proper grid position but I dont think the cars drop unless someone actually loads into one of them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal