Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 3 round 6: Nurburgring Sprint results

Author Topic: Season 3 round 6: Nurburgring Sprint results  (Read 10036 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 3 round 6: Nurburgring Sprint results
« on: October 28, 2014, 10:41:47 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings
Season Stats

T1/2 Penalties
None.

Congratulations to Marty, Guybrush and Vipergod on the race wins and Marty for the round win.

Round Points
Marty   69
GWyar   64
Guybrush Threepwood   62
Ysu   61
Insomniac   52
Krahl   52
Freezer   51
Vipergod   49
Imperious   48
Gratulin   46
Crimespree   42
RPM   42
Wally   39
Dick Forrest   33
Dave O   31
StanDaam   31
cramjet   29
Schmittez   27
EdWood   26
Flattop   14
Grubbet   4

Final Season Podium
1. Marty, 337
2. Guybrush, 289
3. Ysu, 275

Congratulations to Marty, the season 3 champ, taking out his second consecutive championship.

Team Achilles Heels also take out the team championship, 99 points ahead of TKO Racing.
3. Peter Reid, 170
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 3 round 6: Nurburgring Sprint results
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 10:57:57 PM »
Thanks all and especially Wally, has been another fun season and quite a challenge in the little Elise this season. Look forward to the coming seasons Im sure my luck will run out soon enough.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
Good nights racing.
R1 Couldn't do better than 14th in qual but after a good opening lap and a bit of luck came home 8th.  I did tag Wally at one point but it was after a tap from Imp which saw me have a tank slapper hitting Ysu as well. 
R2 Now the secret was revealed (turn off the traction control).  Suddenly gear changes were smooth and I took 1.1 seconds of my time to get into the 1.45s and 7th. 
R3 was similar, the car was much better now sliding through corners etc.  I had some good battles with Gratulin & Insomniac at different points of R2 & 3 which were great.
Pretty happy to crack the top 5 for the season...:)
Welll done to Marty on the season win . . . toooo fast!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
The races were entertaining for me. I hit a couple of guys under brakes, got hit a few times myself, which put me behind massive purple M3s like Schmittez and RPM, which I had a devil of a time trying to pass. Race 3 was the cleanest, I was almost in touch with the Vipergod, Marty and Ysu train, and had some good side by side racing with Marty after he'd had a bit of a wide run, but then couldn't gain any further ground on the front 3.

Well done Marty on the season win, even in handicapped cars. That was a great result.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:06:33 AM »
Good news I found my cat at 1 am....
Sorry I missed the race but last night wasn't a good night for me I really thought the worst and thought someone had stolen my cat.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »
Good news, Phil!

I had a blast yesternight, it's been a while since I had this good racing.   It was close, it was eventful, lots of action... And some decent finishing positions to boot!   First race I've spent looking at a big purple beemer's backend, near the end I was sandwitched between two, I don't even know how did I keep that spot...pure luck I guess.   Second race was a bit meh, an early accident then some warping (it turns out wife has sent ME an email containing 3 word documents...ffs!) It seems the QoS setup does not work after all. Anyway. 
The third race was great and clean again.   I've lost my position when Viper made a booboo, and I had to take evasive action, otherwise I believe I could have held onto it - or if the booboo was a bit different I could even have aspired for a win (which I'm missing this season completely!)

Great fun night, pretty darn clean racing - few touches from those pervs don't count :)

WD to team achilles to the season win!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »
Good news I found my cat at 1 am....
Sorry I missed the race but last night wasn't a good night for me I really thought the worst and thought someone had stolen my cat.

well that's great news Phil!! My heart sunk when you said you where looking for your cat. They are part of the family.
 I'm cat person. Really I have more time for animals then I do for stupid humans! lol
I've got two very steal-able cats. Pedigree Somalians (lol no not people) They are a long haired Abyssinian. They are ex-breeding and show cats.
For years now I've kept cats indoor only. I put up aviaries outside and make tunnels underground for them to get access. Making cat furniture is something else I do! lol

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »
As far as the race(s) go. Awesome. Was in among so many other racers most of the time I can't remember names. I only remember braking late on the last chicane and taking out 10-15 cars. Luckily one of them was Vipergod. Gratulin had already been taken down by this stage.
  sorry to all those.. I'm not sure if I spun anyone around or just tapped a few off the track?
  I'm sure it wasn't quite 10-15 cars either.

Great season. Lots of tight racing. The field is always going to spread out here and there. it's the nature of racing. But there certainly was a lot more paint swapping and place changing then last two seasons.

Thanks Wally for a seamless season as usual!
Thanks to everyone for coming!
Thanks to Marty Guybrush and my team of coaches! I'm getting faster!

Big Grats to Vipergod! Amazing to see you go from blowing engines, swapping places with me at the tail end, sliding out every 2 laps, cursing the game. To a solid pole and podium position. Awesome!  :D
Grats to Marty for the second season win for you. We need to nobble him not Guybrush!
Grats to Team Achilles Heels! Very suspicious team. but grats none the less.

Awesome thanks to my team mate and all round nice guy, Cramjet for carrying the team all season. Try harder next season bro!!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:04:33 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
Couple of questions about the results page Wally.
Pretty trivial. Wont change anything in the result.

I notice for race one qualify It's got NO TIME for my best lap. But I did do 3 laps. you can even click on my name to see them. No big deal at all :)
I think that might have been when I exited by accident, came back in and didn't do anymore laps. And Cramjet must have exited and came back and continued to do laps.

and on your intro post for the results. You'v got:
"Team Achilles Heels also take out the team championship, 99 points ahead of TKO Racing.
3. Peter Reid, 170"

Peter Reid is a team?  :D He's good but that's going too far

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:52:37 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:06:43 AM »
+1 to what Dick said.... all of it!!
We too have a couple of burmese that we love heaps, so I can relate to a missing kitty
Awesome job by Viper to win race 3, well done dude  :D
Congrats to Marty for the season win (over the mighty GT!!)
As for my racing, sorry for who I spun at the last corner in race 1 (sorry I didn't catch who and I should've grabbed a replay but didn't realise I had to save each time), I stuck my nose in there a bit too far...
Thanks for letting me join in the series late (had holidays at the start) and look forward to season 4  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:37:47 AM by StanDaam »

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
Awesome thanks to my team mate and all round nice guy, Cramjet for carrying the team all season. Try harder next season bro!!  ;D

Hah! We were a lot closer this season - I could barely get in the top 10 for most races. Sorry for all the bumps too, Dick! Hopefully I have  better pace next season!

First race I left traction control on which really hurt. After that I couldn't get the power down from about mid way through each race, probably due to some overzealous driving at the start.

Still, I had loads of fun at the back of the field with some similar paced cars. Best!  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
Congratulations to Marty.
Big THANKS to Wally.
Good news Phil.
Getting quicker Dick, well done.

Couldn't get my car around the track consistently or as fast as it's potential and really had a slow lapping night for me. :(

Nearing 10pm I was just driving from one disaster to another... and new it was safer to exit.

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 07:37:35 PM »
LOL Thanks Dick for the kind words & the big bubba at the last chicane
You know i have fun racing you, You are racing very clean and fair. Its good what a bit of seat time can do for your confidence
So glad to have finally won a race is this game, was getting very worried that i wouldn't
(Netkar i won heaps) (if ididn't blow the engine) (or slide off)
Good job again Wally and good fun everyone....

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 09:52:33 PM »
Congratulations to all, another great season. Your'e still #1 in my eyes Wally for the way you've grown this league. Well done mate  ;)

Cheers Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal