Xtreme Gaming Network

Setups

Author Topic: Setups  (Read 108876 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setups
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »
Projekt Rennesport have built themselves a solid foundations of two rules,

Rule #1: Never give out to much information.

;D

Honestly, thanks for this thread, with out it we would be in a bit chit, I am going to give all your set ups a run tonight!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
Ditto Glen :-[, Aleph Null AC setups are crap! :o

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
Time for me too upgrade to Bird's later setup, I knocked out a 2:02.2 last night on earlier version but RSRLIVETIMING was not happy with all my lines :( but still a PB
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:23:26 PM by Flattop »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
Projekt Rennesport have built themselves a solid foundations of two rules,

Rule #1: Never give out to much information

We won't be so friendly next round ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
I'll give Marty's a try.
I just made some tweaks to Bird's setup - adjusted front and rear toe, gearing and springs.  Seems to go over the curbs a little better but easily bogs down at the rear mid-corner if pushing too much.

Very frustrating at the moment.  Hard to put together 3 good sectors, my combined PB is 4 tenths quicker than my actual.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:59:58 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
With Bird's setup, I could do a 2:01.891. But with Marty's setup, I got to a 2:00.671. I made a few further tweaks to Marty's - just moved the brake bias more rearward as I was locking up too much, to 67, and also lowered the front/rear rollbars to 0/3 to reduce the temp difference left and right. This got me down to 2:00.214, about 1.2 seconds off my PB.

Yes brake balance is a bit odd in these cars I could almost go full rear and still lock front in sections. Birds can be quick but a little too loose for me to run a full race on still just need to get a lap together which is the tricky thing and needs a fair bit of patience in this car.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
An 'Opps' moment. 

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
Good to see we've multiple setups.  Everyone's style is different.
It seems we share a driving style, Darren and Guybrush.   Your setups suit me well, too! ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »
I'm warming to Wally's but I've only tried it around Nordschleiffe. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

That's actually quite a nice setup, very stable, very capable, hats off sir.
I think I'll use this for the race - it's much more consistent, and still good for a '59 for me.

But your brake balance was borked; it's 75% front, I'm locking it up every time I touch the pedal. 
Reduced it to 65% and suddenly it drives very well, I can even pull it up for a corner :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

That's actually quite a nice setup, very stable, very capable, hats off sir.
I think I'll use this for the race - it's much more consistent, and still good for a '59 for me.

But your brake balance was borked; it's 75% front, I'm locking it up every time I touch the pedal. 
Reduced it to 65% and suddenly it drives very well, I can even pull it up for a corner :)

Yea I had the brake balance backwards for some reason in that version I uploaded you will need to adjust this and play with pressures a little too, I cant give everything away to the competition but it should be a good base to start with ;)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
Having the most success with Wally's set, fine tuning that with damper, diff and springs. You can really fine tune in this game.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
I'd be more inclined to tune with ARB rather than springs (along with the other things).
Although I have softened the fronts to get a better Hz ratio. ;)
But springs are more car governed than track dependent. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »
I'd be more inclined to tune with ARB rather than springs (along with the other things).
Although I have softened the fronts to get a better Hz ratio. ;)
But springs are more car governed than track dependent. ;)

Can you actually see the Hz ratio anywhere?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal