Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R5: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R5: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat  (Read 13582 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S12R5: Barcelona GP Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
Interesting vids. Personally if I know another car has any part of their car alongside, or even if I think they might, I give room. Part of that is down to my lack of experience and fear of taking us both out. I've probably let people past when I could have held my own.

Wally vs Freezer seems like it's down to whatever rulebook you want to abide by.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
Great videos Marty. Thanks for the effort. I still maintain in my case, I had passed Freezer, I was in front, and on the racing line, and the onus is always on the overtaking car to make it safely. I don't think Freezer was far enough alongside me to claim the corner. If he had been further up, I would have conceded the corner.

In contrast, I had another pass put on me by Marty where he was clearly alongside me on the inside, and I conceded the corner.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 06:46:38 PM »
Big turn around from spa lol car was a lot better and probably the most comfortable i have been with it all season, this car doesnt seem to click with me lol

race 1 Got a good jump and got in front of marty and the whole first stint had him on my tail but i could control the race with track position, so i tried to drive the car nice and straight not leaning on the tyres to get the most out of it until the pitstops not knowing for sure exactly how far i could go so i let marty close in in the last sector of lap 9 to see if he would pit and if he did i would follow him through lol this nearly cost me the lead as he nearly was able to slip stream me down the straight. Pitted lap 10 with marty wasnt sure where the pit line was so i braked a bit early as i didnt want the car spinning into the wall when the limiter engaged and you can see what happened in the vid lol we were inside each other and exited inside each other but i didnt realise the pit boxes were right on the pit lane exit so this time it was contact but it was so slight from my view im surprised it did any damage. So from there i cruised home for a win.

race 2: Didnt jump marty off the line this time but was gifted the lead when he went wide at t1 so seeing he was a bit further back i tried to build a gap early but felt i hurt the tyres to much in doing so and the car was a bit taily all first stint and towards the end of it i had marty on my rear again but this time i knew when i wanted to pit and i was confident the undercut wouldn't work if i did a clean lap and it paid off coming out in the lead after the stops. This stint i decided to play like the first stint of race 1 and not lean on the tyre early and just manage marty behind me and it worked well as the car felt great all stint and I had a car i could push with on the last few laps which i knew i would have too lol. Got to the last lap and i got a slight bit of front end push in the middle of turn 5 which delayed my throttle by a fraction but enough to give marty a run through the next couple of turns and eventually the move you see in the vids, i tried to just hold the inside line leaving marty the outside on exit to stop a undercut or if he did try and stay around the outside ill be on the inside for the next turn, in the end trying to keep so tight around the turn caused the car to flick the rear out at the same time marty oversteered on exit and we just touched i actually thought it was side to side contact but looks like it was pretty marginal and if either one of us didnt slide there wouldnt of been contact at all, we only touched because we both slid at the same time to the same point lol but you could see prior to contact my line was the middle on exit leaving the outside room and it was the tap that puts me back on the racing line, all good in the end was a great finish to a good pressure race :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 08:17:27 PM »
Matthew and Marty, both cars were giving space,  but the key is that Matthew lost control. The car that loses control will nearly always be the one at fault.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
both lost control hence angling into each other
do you even motorsports?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:34 PM »
both lost control hence angling into each other

I agree we both lost control quite funny we both lost it in opposite directions coming together at the same point of track. Had either of us held their line and the other not slid towards them then I think the only one who lost control would be at fault. In that situation we both managed to do the only thing possible to cause contact while both were doing our best to leave room so I would call that a 50/50. The pit exit I dont think I was at fault but just got pretty shafted to get red rear wing damage from such a minor tap well below the wing. Collisions like that should maybe damage suspension or give a puncture but a low front wing is not likely to damage such a high rear wing in such contact.

I picked the video preview shot on purpose as its before the contact and you can see both cars pointing towards eachother, we should both have been pointing straight down the road by that point and actually I was aiming for the exit curb so its quite a big loose on my part too.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:31:47 PM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2016, 11:17:35 PM »
humble and probably personal opinion:

Freezer vs. Wally: I'd give it a racing incident, but if I had to find one a bit more at fault that would be Wally. I say this because although Freezer's attempt is not too clean, at turn in he has the inside line and I think he can hold it throughout living all the needed space to Wally. When Wally decides to take the apex it is too late: there is no way Freezer can avoid collision. If I had the impression Freezer could not hold the inner curb himself I would say he could be at fault, but it seems to me he could complete the entire corner leaving all the space needed on the outside for Wally, who at that point is---in my opinion---bound to take it.

Matthew vs. Marty: I was going to give racing incident throughout, but after reflecting a bit I decided that "losing it" is never a full excuse. So there is no moral fault here, and no harsh penalty would ever be deserved, but I'd vote for something like 5sec. penalty for Matthew. I know you say marty loses it too, but it is Matthew that de facto changes his line from the inside one to the outside one. Marty loses it a bit, but mostly follows the angle of the track. It is unfortunate, but in the facts (that is: disregarding that we know Matthew clearly did not meant to), they are at that point on a new straightaway, and Matthew cuts it in diagonal when Marty is alongside.

Pitlane: it's such a mess with unclear pit limit line and ghost cars... no idea.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 12:08:49 AM »
Great videos Marty. Thanks for the effort. I still maintain in my case, I had passed Freezer, I was in front, and on the racing line, and the onus is always on the overtaking car to make it safely. I don't think Freezer was far enough alongside me to claim the corner. If he had been further up, I would have conceded the corner.

In contrast, I had another pass put on me by Marty where he was clearly alongside me on the inside, and I conceded the corner.
Well I am going to maintain my case also then . . :)
I've always used Helicorsa in that as soon as someone gets alongside and it lights up I will then take the corner wider knowing that we can probably go side by side rather than ignoring them, sweeping in and likely getting tagged.  Its as much self preservation as anything and has worked pretty well.  I did think the racing room option was the preferred way!
and p.s. thanks Marty also.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 07:18:54 AM »
humble and probably personal opinion:

Freezer vs. Wally: I'd give it a racing incident, but if I had to find one a bit more at fault that would be Wally. I say this because although Freezer's attempt is not too clean, at turn in he has the inside line and I think he can hold it throughout living all the needed space to Wally. When Wally decides to take the apex it is too late: there is no way Freezer can avoid collision. If I had the impression Freezer could not hold the inner curb himself I would say he could be at fault, but it seems to me he could complete the entire corner leaving all the space needed on the outside for Wally, who at that point is---in my opinion---bound to take it.

Matthew vs. Marty: I was going to give racing incident throughout, but after reflecting a bit I decided that "losing it" is never a full excuse. So there is no moral fault here, and no harsh penalty would ever be deserved, but I'd vote for something like 5sec. penalty for Matthew. I know you say marty loses it too, but it is Matthew that de facto changes his line from the inside one to the outside one. Marty loses it a bit, but mostly follows the angle of the track. It is unfortunate, but in the facts (that is: disregarding that we know Matthew clearly did not meant to), they are at that point on a new straightaway, and Matthew cuts it in diagonal when Marty is alongside.

Pitlane: it's such a mess with unclear pit limit line and ghost cars... no idea.

LOL well the only reason I went to the outside is because I was tapped there, otherwise I would of been in the middle of the track and as Marty said if he didn't slide he would of been on the outside.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 06:42:24 PM »

Well I am going to maintain my case also then . . :)
I've always used Helicorsa in that as soon as someone gets alongside and it lights up I will then take the corner wider knowing that we can probably go side by side rather than ignoring them, sweeping in and likely getting tagged.  Its as much self preservation as anything and has worked pretty well.  I did think the racing room option was the preferred way!
and p.s. thanks Marty also.
I confess I've been using an older version of Helicorsa which doesn't do this whole overlap lighting up thing. I've installed the latest version now.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »
Wally v Freezer,  not sure who is who but to me it didn't appear the car on the inside was far enough up along side the other car at turn in.  I think a general rule of thumb is around half way along side at turn in.

Marty v Matthew, again I don't know who is who but it seemed the car on the outside didn't follow the normal racing line due to spinning up the rears.  I think the car on the inside is entitled to at least believe the other car should follow the racing line and provide enough space.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2016, 08:00:16 AM »
Greetings GB. Marty wants you back. He's winning too often.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal