Xtreme Gaming Network

S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race

Author Topic: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race  (Read 14001 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S22R1: Dutch Grand Prix Post Race
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »
.... I have read that repairs were somewhat fast...

For fast read faster.  ;)

And here is the cause.  >:(

Kunos' comment in the car.ini file;  time spent to repair 10% of suspension damage
Should read;                                   time spent to repair 1% of suspension damage

An order of magnitude incorrect!

Fixed
Ahahah!... That explains quite a bit...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2018, 11:36:49 AM »
Was a good race up to the point of disconnect with 7 laps to go  :'(

Up to that point I planned on finishing a one stopper softs then hards which would have been touch and go on tire life, poor Phil was bearing the brunt of tire conservation driving, sorry Phil  ;D Overall I'm glad we doing these cars, its hard work but really satisfying.

was fun spent the first 10 laps or so stuck behind Jeremey , who than had an off which was bad luck because was a good little battle, but made no difference in the end because of how long refuelling took to put in 70 litres.
Filling up and  a splash and dash is the way to go for my non mathematical brain :) and the last bit stuck behind you until you disappeared into no where
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2018, 11:59:21 AM »
A great event, the track is pretty good with these cars. One stop soft/soft +31l fuel (started with about 85). Had three spins on my own losing positions in process, tyres were pretty shagged by the end. Ran out of fuel on the second last turn. Very happy with a top ten finish even though results could have been a bit better without the dramas I had. Big thanks to Phil for sharing the tyrrell team set.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
.....because of how long refuelling took to put in 70 litres.
Well, it is more than 3 jerry cans.
Remember, this is the 70's, to refuel you have to take the cap off, fit the funnel, pour in your fuel from jerry cans and put the cap back on. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »
Yeah, I should of tested it and should of just realised it would take ages
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 05:00:09 PM »
I really like these cars, but I'm not driving very well. Fun though...when I'm not making mistakes and damaging my car.

I got a decent start with everybody else, moderately went into the back of Keith and damaged my front wing on the first lap. It made the 30 laps to my scheduled pitstop a long drive. Kept tooling around, made a couple of mistakes and finished 14th (I think).
Couple of apologies.

Keith, sorry for whacking you. I'm glad you kept it under control.
kcender, sorry for getting in your way when you were passing me the first time. I'm not running virtual mirrors, and got caught out with you catching me.

See ya all next week.

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 05:51:52 PM »

kcender, sorry for getting in your way when you were passing me the first time. I'm not running virtual mirrors, and got caught out with you catching me.

lol - all good I take a really narrow entry there (if im thinking of the right pass) that would probably usually be considered off line so i reckon you were in the right place - no harm done :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 08:25:07 PM »
never really go well in these style cars lol, felt i had the car setup well though was nice to drive just wasnt quick enough, minded my own business in the race while jeremy battled phil, by the end of my first stint i was able to catch jeremy and i knew he would pit lap 27 so i decided to undercut and pit lap 26 which worked hehe. Ran home 2nd but had really bad ping for some reason on the last few lap luckily nobody was around but it may have been a youtube vid dad was watching who knows.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
never really go well in these style cars lol, felt i had the car setup well though was nice to drive just wasnt quick enough, minded my own business in the race while jeremy battled phil, by the end of my first stint i was able to catch jeremy and i knew he would pit lap 27 so i decided to undercut and pit lap 26 which worked hehe. Ran home 2nd but had really bad ping for some reason on the last few lap luckily nobody was around but it may have been a youtube vid dad was watching who knows.
Yeah, I was giving you a bit of distance for a little while after you passed me because you were warping around a little bit, but not too bad.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »
Interesting race.
Qualified 12th with Wally 13th.
I didn't have a good start and Wally got alongside. We did a few turns side by side until I had to yield and drop in behind. Then followed Wally until he pitted, knowing I was faster but he didn't make any mistakes.
I jumped Wally in the pit stop phase as he put in more fuel, as did others ...
Then caught Bacchulum. He pitted, then I pitted a few laps later, only to find that he was so far up the road that I couldn't see him.
Apparently he put in less fuel than me, even though I thought I was cutting it fine in the Maki ....
That's the way it stayed until the end.

I love these type of races  ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal