Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)

Author Topic: Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)  (Read 26329 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run Feb 13 - "May 9, 2004" (the clue's in the name)
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 07:47:29 AM »
RACE RESULTS

http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-1.html
http://xgnassettocorsa.blogspot.com/2018/02/ferrari-f2004-at-barcelona-race-2.html

Congratulations to Kcender87 on the two race wins.

I did really well in race 1, coming 3rd after other people's accidents and track cutting penalties, also managing to put in the most consistent lap times.

Race 2 was a bit more eventful, with a few accidents here and there and some brain-fade spins on kerbs, but it was still immense fun. I was eventually in a nice groove, just listening to the screaming V10.

A season with no damage, and tyre wear tweaked so that you could just manage to get away without a pit stop with some tyre conservation, or opt for a pit stop with a short stint on softs, would be a lot of fun.
Would love a season, but I am definitely against the no-damage idea. F1 is a no contact sport. ;)
For the pros, maybe. For us mere mortals there are plenty of big, potentially race wrecking impacts with other cars and barriers. I know from experience that it would be too frustrating to cop race wrecking damage in these fast, fragile cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
I really struggled last night, just seeing.
After about 5-7 laps, all the 'jiggling'had me cross-eyed.
Maybe I just need new glasses, as I did find myself leaning my head back to look through the reading part of my multi-focals.

Just a bad night. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
you are doing well to race with multi-focals.

The eye person I see is also a sports doctor person and does some car drivers and looks after the Tassie cricket team, when I hit 45 and the eyes started to need glasses he recommended some lenses just for being close to a computer screen.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 12:43:07 PM »
I really struggled last night, just seeing.
After about 5-7 laps, all the 'jiggling'had me cross-eyed.
Maybe I just need new glasses, as I did find myself leaning my head back to look through the reading part of my multi-focals.

Just a bad night. :(
And in these cars, you sure do need to see, and fast.

I have glasses just for computer screen distance.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »
I had fun for a while, but after thinking I was doing alright considering I haven't had a drive since October, I fell apart and everything went to shit.  :)
Still had a bit of fun, so thanks for the run.

Cheers
Darren

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 10:19:57 PM »
I loved to be in the open wheelers again but the head shake was killing me and just couldn't focus. Don't seem to have the shake at A1 Ring.

Had a wierd sort of compromise night with the cars where I couldn't get a good setup for the tyres. Mediums went off about lap 9 and Hards took 7 laps to start working. Lots of spins for me but such a satisfying feeling to get a clean lap in. Track cuts were an issue here as I seemed to be getting them even with 2 wheels still on the track. Anyway, I had a blast.

What about a compromise season of the the forumla abarth or something like that. I'd love an F1 season at tracks like instanbul, magny Cours and the like with a few tight tracks thrown in for variety but an open wheel sesaon in anything would suit me fine

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2018, 04:46:51 PM »
I loved to be in the open wheelers again but the head shake was killing me and just couldn't focus. Don't seem to have the shake at A1 Ring.

Had a wierd sort of compromise night with the cars where I couldn't get a good setup for the tyres. Mediums went off about lap 9 and Hards took 7 laps to start working. Lots of spins for me but such a satisfying feeling to get a clean lap in. Track cuts were an issue here as I seemed to be getting them even with 2 wheels still on the track. Anyway, I had a blast.

What about a compromise season of the the forumla abarth or something like that. I'd love an F1 season at tracks like instanbul, magny Cours and the like with a few tight tracks thrown in for variety but an open wheel sesaon in anything would suit me fine

You can turn the head shake off or down in the AC launcher, can't you?

A F2004 season is definitely on the cards, I reckon. People were already able to drive and race well in this one practice race. As someone mentioned, lack of KERS and DRS means speeds are more consistent and predictable, so it's easier to race close.

The Formula Abarth is a relatively boring car, but yes it's available as a compromise open wheeler as well. It's a long time since we've raced it.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2018, 04:55:32 PM »
I still like the RSR Formula 3 (although it's a mod).
You mentioned once you thought it was boring to drive Wally, but I don't think you were pushing enough. 8)
Easy to drive, hard to drive fast.

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2018, 07:29:21 PM »
I am still dreaming of a season with those Porsche short tail racing cars... ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2018, 07:34:27 PM »
I am still dreaming of a season with those Porsche short tail racing cars... ;)
or maybe it's the long tail the one I like...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2018, 08:14:37 PM »
Pretty sure you're thinking of the Can-Am. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal