Xtreme Gaming Network

Ultra Wide Monitors

Author Topic: Ultra Wide Monitors  (Read 16093 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Ultra Wide Monitors
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:45 AM »
Yes, enjoy! It took me a little time fiddling around with FOV, seat position, monitor angles etc until I was happy with it.
After routing cables and mucking around I didn't get much time to have a run on it last night but certainly some adjustments are on the cards to get it right.
I first tried to put real dimensions in the triple screen app, but it puts you way too close to the dashboard, so I ended up just tweaking the numbers until it subjectively looked right.
On a slightly different issue, I have my games appearing across 3 screens but certain programs such as Photoshop & Dreamweaver will only go over 3 screens if you maximise them.  I can't get them onto individual full screens.  Firefox etc do it no problem.  Running Win7. Nvidia card.  Any thoughts.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
Yes, enjoy! It took me a little time fiddling around with FOV, seat position, monitor angles etc until I was happy with it.
After routing cables and mucking around I didn't get much time to have a run on it last night but certainly some adjustments are on the cards to get it right.
I first tried to put real dimensions in the triple screen app, but it puts you way too close to the dashboard, so I ended up just tweaking the numbers until it subjectively looked right.
On a slightly different issue, I have my games appearing across 3 screens but certain programs such as Photoshop & Dreamweaver will only go over 3 screens if you maximise them.  I can't get them onto individual full screens.  Firefox etc do it no problem.  Running Win7. Nvidia card.  Any thoughts.

I haven't seen that problem myself, but I don't run that much maximized on my game PC. There are a lot of third party multi-monitor management apps though, which might do the trick.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
IIRC there's some config item somewhere that sets if apps will see one screen as "full screen" while using surround mode.
Blast me if I know where.

Nowadays, I usually set it up as 3 individual screens ("activate all displays" in driver) when I'm not racing, and only use the "surround" mode when racing.
This is mainly due to the Pinball Fx2 that cannot tolerate the xxx-wide desktop, tho :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal