Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R2: Magione post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R2: Magione post-race chat  (Read 18070 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S11R2: Magione post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
did AC just do an update!! What a fk up.

There was supposedly an update at some point overnite. Not sure if it was during the round but best for everyone to make sure in steam you dont allow background downloads. This can be AC updating or any other game and can easily kill your connection if in an mp server while it happens.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

There was supposedly an update at some point overnite. Not sure if it was during the round but best for everyone to make sure in steam you dont allow background downloads. This can be AC updating or any other game and can easily kill your connection if in an mp server while it happens.
Haha! Too true. I went hunting for background downloads last night but everything was OK. Perhaps just Netflix in my area? I was actually blaming 1.5 and especially 1.5.6 which changed the UDP locking code in the server (I think that is sort of what changed - not really sure). A major rewrite of comms code a few days before release to public would give me fits if done by my team.

On the pedal front, it seems likely that everyone's G27 pots are reaching EOL.  I will try the WD40 treatment to see if that helps. However, I am still suspicious that something has changed in AC that causes calibration issues with the controller so I'm going to try a reset to default in the controller calibration to see if that works before spraying lube on my pots.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 11:41:59 AM »
On the pedal front, it seems likely that everyone's G27 pots are reaching EOL.  I will try the WD40 treatment to see if that helps. However, I am still suspicious that something has changed in AC that causes calibration issues with the controller so I'm going to try a reset to default in the controller calibration to see if that works before spraying lube on my pots.

I also wonder if there could be a bug in calibration, I dont really see any spiking in the game controllers but in AC control settings I see some spiking. I havent really looked into this though but it seems odd that so many seem to have issues with pedals in AC. I dont do anywhere near the amount of kilometers in other sims these days but when I run them I dont set any deadzones and also dont notice any pedal spikes.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 11:44:56 AM »

Haha! Too true. I went hunting for background downloads last night but everything was OK. Perhaps just Netflix in my area? I was actually blaming 1.5 and especially 1.5.6 which changed the UDP locking code in the server (I think that is sort of what changed - not really sure). A major rewrite of comms code a few days before release to public would give me fits if done by my team.

Use Contact Cleaner, not WD 40!!!  :P

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
I have used "Servisol Electrical Clean and Lube" available from Jaycar
which has provided a permanent fix. Flood the pot while actuating it.
500 hrs on Assetto Corsa with no more spikes !
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
Everyone is a "lube expert" - what's going on around here

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »
What ever happened to the proper Lube expert, Guybrush went missing last race and has been MIA since. Maybe Warnambool has gone off the grid completly and or no longer exists, I checked google maps and its still there but Google may wait for confirmation before wiping it off the maps.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 01:27:19 PM »
This is what GB uses  :P

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 03:41:49 PM »
What ever happened to the proper Lube expert, Guybrush went missing last race and has been MIA since. Maybe Warnambool has gone off the grid completly and or no longer exists, I checked google maps and its still there but Google may wait for confirmation before wiping it off the maps.
I had to google "Warnambool" just to understand what the heck you were talking about...

BTW: from the pictures it looks like a really nice place.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:44:58 PM by grat »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 06:22:49 PM »
I also had a look at the race 1 replay and my punt into Daniel is quite likely worth a weight penalty as it pushed him off the road and he lost maybe a couple of places. The race 2 rubbing didnt cost either of us any places but that race 1 wack was my biggest and only real error of the nite. I had lost concentration and forgot the part of track I was at with, 2 cars ahead of me side by side I couldnt see anything completly forgetting it was a 2nd gear corner not the flat out one I thought it was coming up lol.

The contact with Freezer I was surprised I was actually half a car ahead and on the inside curb when he moved for the same apex and this pushed him wide also giving Bird a spot.

I had to google "Warnambool" just to understand what the heck you were talking about...

BTW: from the pictures it looks like a really nice place.

Yea its a nice part of Victoria a heck of a lot nicer then the regular suburbs I live in, its quite a long way away but you do get to drive the vreat ocean road to get there so one of the best drives in the state.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »
Here is a video from race 1, I love GB's start the most.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »
4:05: a spin finally puts an end to my traffic suffering.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 04:15:56 PM »
Still coming to terms with Assetto after not racing for a long time. Starting from the front each race is iffy as I cannot see any other lights at the start and judge my starts when I see everyone else launch. Even though, I try to keep my line and I don't fight too much as the field goes through. Contact and the occasional spin is just a by product of racing on a track which is narrow and limited passing opportunities so no problems finding myself on the infield watching the field go through, that's just racing......sometimes.

I will come to terms with the sim again and get closer to the laptimes of the midfield but may take a while with no practice time. Will be picking up a mic today and get on the voice chat for next round.

See you on track

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
Still coming to terms with Assetto after not racing for a long time. Starting from the front each race is iffy as I cannot see any other lights at the start and judge my starts when I see everyone else launch. Even though, I try to keep my line and I don't fight too much as the field goes through. Contact and the occasional spin is just a by product of racing on a track which is narrow and limited passing opportunities so no problems finding myself on the infield watching the field go through, that's just racing......sometimes.

I will come to terms with the sim again and get closer to the laptimes of the midfield but may take a while with no practice time. Will be picking up a mic today and get on the voice chat for next round.

See you on track
wrt the lights:
1) have you got the latest pit lane penalty app?
2) if you switch it on and you can't see the lights on the grid (you need to test this, works locally too) then try to move the app towards the lower right corner of the screen - it has helped me.

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Thanks bird. I'll test it out

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal