Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 317966 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »
Just a base set, done at Watkins Glen. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36:13 PM »
Hi Lloyd here , getting back into sim racing after quite a long hiatus after playing GPL back in the day. Saw the lights on thought i'd pop in say hello and hopefully start racing with you all.  Been playing iracing for the past month or so however it lacking in the comradarie that you can get while playing in a league. So been on the hunt for assetto corsa racers and here i am :) .

Hope to see you on track soon .

Welcome, we spoke on the practice server last night, come along if you like, Thursdays is all about fun, nothing serious,  the faster guys often self handicap, the worst part is the crazy person running it and how he makes it up as he goes along, so the rules could change at anytime without notice,  all in the spirit of fun of course  :P
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome .

Bit daunted by the GPL cars , they are so hard to drive after driving the Mazda cups .

I was allocated the Mc Claren  on sign up so will stick with it , seems easier to handle than some of the others.

If anyone has a good base set up for the Mc Claren that they could kindly give me that would be appreciated.
Here's a base setup done on Deutschlandring.
It handles a bit different to the Eagle I'm used to, but the numbers are good, polish to taste. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
Hi Jarmel, some of have found that the McLaren is not the best of the bunch. If you have time you might find one of the other cars better.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »
Thank you for the set ups,  i'll give  Bacc's a go tonight , Been using his watkins glenn base set up with adjusted gears, tyres and suspension , I'm down to 3;18 , i reckon a theoretical of about 3;16. The Hair pins are a weak spot and 2 small sections of the track i just can't find the speed of the top runners.

Yeah Mclaren lacks the speed of the Fezza but i'll stick with it and i like the idea of seeing all sorts of cars on the grid , might have to change for Monza that track is all about pure speed.

Offline farrari

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
Hi . I'm Mike aka 'Farrari' .  and no thats not a typo  :)

Ive been racing AC offline for a few months offline and would like to give give your league a go ..  Probably best doing the fun races
until I find my feet ..

Raced GPL online many years ago ..    Still love those cars the best ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
Hi . I'm Mike aka 'Farrari' .  and no thats not a typo  :)

Ive been racing AC offline for a few months offline and would like to give give your league a go ..  Probably best doing the fun races
until I find my feet ..

Raced GPL online many years ago ..    Still love those cars the best ...
Hi Mike, sure, come along on a Thursday night about 7:30 Eastern for a fun run. Then you're also welcome to drive one if the GPL 67 cars on Tuesdays too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Johnnyd

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2019, 09:21:52 PM »
Hi

My name is John.  I'm from Melbourne.  Have been playing Assetto Corsa offline for a while.  Would like to do some online racing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2019, 10:57:31 PM »
Hi

My name is John.  I'm from Melbourne.  Have been playing Assetto Corsa offline for a while.  Would like to do some online racing.
Hi John, and welcome to racing at XGN! We've just wrapped up a Tuesday night season, so I'll PM you tomorrow with some details. We also have a Thursday night race which you are welcome to join, racing in 1973 Group 2 racing cars. You can read about it here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2588.0 Thursday night's are run by Phil.8.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »
Hi

come along tomorrow,  its all relaxed and no pressure on a Thursday,  its only a small sheep farm up for grabs this season  :P
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2019, 05:15:14 PM »
See you tomorrow John, you would be most welcome.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Mat Nipperess

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2019, 07:01:30 PM »
Hi all. My name is Mat, I'm 29, almost 30 and I live in Canberra. Been racing karts for 22 years and while I'm still racing, I thought I might jump into sim racing for some fun and hopefully, beat some bad habits out of me all at once, ha ha! Only really interested on GT3 in sims, so, if there is anyone with a GT3 server and likes to race, let me know. Looking forward to racing you online
Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2019, 07:22:23 PM »
Hi all. My name is Mat, I'm 29, almost 30 and I live in Canberra. Been racing karts for 22 years and while I'm still racing, I thought I might jump into sim racing for some fun and hopefully, beat some bad habits out of me all at once, ha ha! Only really interested on GT3 in sims, so, if there is anyone with a GT3 server and likes to race, let me know. Looking forward to racing you online
Cheers
Hi Mat. I recognise your name from somewhere ;)

We're not really racing much GT3 style cars at the moment, but next Tuesday night season in a bit over a month will be more Porsche/Maserati GT4 style.

Offline Captain Slow

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 20, 2019, 04:22:47 PM »
Hello to all
Scott is the name that my parents gave me, although Mum changed it to dickhead when i was 14.
Before i dislocated my shoulder at work i was a forkie/warehouse guru in Sydney. Currently I'm a DIYer fixing up the house bit by bit with any spare change  i can find in the couch.
I found AC while watching the YouTube(er) AMSTUDIO about doing a DIY handbrake (for Dirt Rally on Xbox). Now I'm doing laps with a Thrustmaster T300 (F1 wheel add-on), with my customised G920 pedals (firmer springs in all pedals) G920 shifter running through an Arduino board attached to my F1/GT Next Level Racing cockpit infront of my 55" screen or the Oculus Rift for supported games.
I somehow stumbled onto this site yesterday and I'm soooooo very glad that I did.
Lookly forward to come hard competetive fair racing ........

Cheers

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 20, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »
Hello to all
Scott is the name that my parents gave me, although Mum changed it to dickhead when i was 14.
Before i dislocated my shoulder at work i was a forkie/warehouse guru in Sydney. Currently I'm a DIYer fixing up the house bit by bit with any spare change  i can find in the couch.
I found AC while watching the YouTube(er) AMSTUDIO about doing a DIY handbrake (for Dirt Rally on Xbox). Now I'm doing laps with a Thrustmaster T300 (F1 wheel add-on), with my customised G920 pedals (firmer springs in all pedals) G920 shifter running through an Arduino board attached to my F1/GT Next Level Racing cockpit infront of my 55" screen or the Oculus Rift for supported games.
I somehow stumbled onto this site yesterday and I'm soooooo very glad that I did.
Lookly forward to come hard competetive fair racing ........

Cheers
Hi Scott, welcome. There's good racing to be had here, with decent grids. We race Tuesdays and Thursdays. We've got a race tonight, but it's probably too late notice to get into that one, but I can get you set up for the following week. Thursday is also less formal racing, easy to drop in, so head over to the Thursday subforum and see what's happening there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal