Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 14682 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:48:07 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Penalties
Race 1
There were 4 cars wide approaching T1 - from left to right, Mael, Joe, Nith, Wally. There was one little touch between Joe and Nith, pushing Nith into me, where I spun across the track. It's hard to assign blame to this one - everyone had their gap in front of them, but 4 wide was overall too ambitious. If anything, Nith was overly ambitious trying to squeeze into the gap (as he was coming from further back), but there was room, with Mael doing the same on the left and resulting in us being 4 wide. No penalties.

Race 2
No impacts at all until lap 9!

Round Points
Phil.8   68
nith   62
Kcender87   58
Mael   56
ab156   52
Freezer   51
Wally   47
Rob   47
Bacchulum   47
Joe   45
Diehard   44
Doobs   44
Seanus   42
Simone   41
Chap111   40
RussG   39
Grat   34

Congratulations on Phil for the clean sweep in all departments, winning maximum points.

Season Champions
1. Diehard, 350
2. Phil.8, 330 (up from 3rd)
3. Joe & Mael, 312

Congratulations to Diehard on taking out the season, with 1 win and 5 podiums, and an average finishing position of 4.9. A great effort, given that he was often on the receiving end of penalties of either pitstop time or ballast. He never dropped out of the top 3 in the season standings.

Phil climbed steadily up the ladder all season to finish 2nd. Joe also climbed steadily, while Mael was consistenly around 5th with a late charge, with Mugello being his second best points haul.

Team Championship
1. Krahl Racing (Phil.8 and Joe), 642
1. DA Racing (Grat and Wally), 574
2. Maki Engineering (Freezer and Mael), 542

Phil and Joe were too strong as a combination, as the season podium shows.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 11:17:06 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline nith

• View Profile
Re: S15R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »
Race 1

I got an amazing start and pulled up between Wally and someone else. The person on my left moved and half the field was taken out. I was sliding and did touch someone coming onto the track. Apologies whom ever that was. I managed to go from the back of the field up to p3.

Race 2

Another good start and picked Mael off into turn 1. I was about .3 per lap slower than Phil however he made a mistake and i caught up about 2 seconds. After the pits we were .7 from each other. I just couldn't keep the pace with Phil. Came home with p2 so i am happy with that.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
The road I was talking about:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sp237-coste-open-road.13019/

South loop is really good. Do not miss the alternate AI grid: just start a quick race with a random mix of 20 or so cars and enjoy.

If you want to see a 100 meters jump, try to crash on the left after the first left hairpin downhill in the south loop.

As for the track itself: it's missing some nicer physical mesh and some details on the scenery. But otherwise it is the most realistic road I have seen. Better than lake louise.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:58:10 PM »
Poor end to a great season for me. Qualified 2nd, but was sluggish off the line as usual and had people come up either side of me. I could see them getting closer and closer on helicorsa and I was trying to hold it straight but then the inevitable happened and there was contact and then a pinball effect. I have  no idea who was to blame, but I guess if I was one of the trailing cars in that situation I probably would have backed off being lap 1 and before T1. Car was a wreck and had to quit.

R2 I started 10th; I had a lot of quick laps in qually so guess they were cuts but didn't see PLP tell me they were so will wait for the results. Spent the first 8 laps trying to pass kcender. Would get past him on the straight but couldn't get it to stick. Finally did then was behind Baccculum and somebody else both who pitted as did kcender. I put in a quick lap then pitted expecting to come out in front but I missed my pit box and had to reverse. I came out just behind kcender and we did the same again a few times. Eventually I got away in a messy way by screwing up my line in T2/T3 and him giving me a little tap in the rear pushing him off. After that Mael was 17 seconds ahead and I got that down to 7-8 seconds by the end but not enough. I put in 3 52's in the last 3 laps two of them PBs.

Disappointing as I assume no points in R1 will knock me off the podium and give it to Mael.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 11:01:05 PM »

South loop is really good. Do not miss the alternate AI grid: just start a quick race with a random mix of 20 or so cars and enjoy.

If you want to see a 100 meters jump, try to crash on the left after the first left hairpin downhill in the south loop.

As for the track itself: it's missing some nicer physical mesh and some details on the scenery. But otherwise it is the most realistic road I have seen. Better than lake louise.

Looks fun. I also saw this one which is the same type of thing.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Looks fun. I also saw this one which is the same type of thing.
OOOOOh,.. this one looks good too! post the link! :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 11:10:57 PM »
Interesting: the results do not show my ballast (I swear I could feel it ;))

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »
RACE RESULTS

(rest coming in instalments :) )

Wally, none of my qually laps were a cut, and my second fastest lap was 1:53:516 yet I started 10th in R2? I checked the second fastest laps for a few people that started in front of me and they were slower?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:50 PM »
SEASON REPORT:

Great season again! I heard a lot of people complaining about the racing standards, but I think we are really an amazing group. Some accidents will always happen, and sometime we did screw up the starts. But the quality fo the battles is high.

Personally, I was very happy to confirm my performance on the Maserati---albeit not as season standings go, as I missed a night and the computer failed me completely another night and had a pair of unlucky evenings like tonight. But I also had great nights battling with Marty or Phil or Joe, which is great for me. Indeed after 100 races my stats start to look pretty nice! 10 wins, 30 podiums, and 6 poles! Who would have thought when I started two years ago!

So thank you all and as usual a special thanks to Wally!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 11:18:57 PM »
Interesting: the results do not show my ballast (I swear I could feel it ;) )
Yeah, I have to fix that. You and I definitely had ballast - it shows up in the server log but not in the results output.

PS. Results are up, with Diehard taking the season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Wally, none of my qually laps were a cut, and my second fastest lap was 1:53:516 yet I started 10th in R2? I checked the second fastest laps for a few people that started in front of me and they were slower?
Yeah, something went wrong. Wally started way too behind as well... he should have started 2nd or so.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 11:21:14 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Yeah, something went wrong. Wally started way too behind as well... he should have started 2nd or so.

Looks like Mael started 2nd and his second fastest qually lap was slower than mine.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 11:24:46 PM »
RACE RESULTS

I will check...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 11:32:06 PM »
Looks like Mael started 2nd and his second fastest qually lap was slower than mine.

Wally probably judged my lap to be of better quality  ;D

Race 1 was a disaster, I knew I took a slight change on passing Joe but it looked like there might have been a bit of space. As it turned out there wasn't. Pitted early to fix damaged but then threw away any hope of a decent point haul by spinning at T1. Noticed Wally did the same a few laps later so at least I were in good company.

Race 2 was a bit better, a solid start left me behind Phil and Nith, drove as hard as I could but they were at least .5 of a second faster. At about lap 10 Phil lapped a driver with Nith lining up to do the same. I got so engrossed in the action in front of me that I missed my brake marker and ran off the track. A lonely and error filled run to the end to finish a satisfied 3rd .

Thanks Freezer, the best team season finish yet! Next time we will get Grat & Wally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal