Xtreme Gaming Network

Imola Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: Imola Pre-Race Chat  (Read 10265 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Imola Pre-Race Chat
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:15:29 PM »
Grid
Bacchulum
Bafs17
Freezer
Gratulin
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
Imperious
JamieP
Jeremy
Joe
Marty
Matthew111
Phil.8
RJM
Rob

Shameless
Simone
StanDaam
Steve Xland
UnFknBLievable
Vipergod
Wally
Ysu

This is the round where we will be trying out 110% track grip (in both races).
You can read the discussion here (and if you want to discuss it, please do it in that other thread and not this race thread, until after the race). In a nutshell, the theory is that if you personally actually drove one of these cars on track, you'd drive it more cautiously than you do in a sim, and as a result, the car would feel like it had a ton more grip. This increased grip is just an attempt to simulate that feeling of grip - nothing else.

You will need to download THIS CUSTOMISED TRACK and put it into assettocorsa\content\tracks like any other mod track. It is called "xgnimola" and shows up in your AC launcher as "XGN Imola".  Strictly speaking, grip will be 100%, but the surface friction in this track is increased by 10%. It's the same as the original Imola in all other respects. It will not stuff up any PBs or RSR records for the original Imola, because it's a whole different track with a different name - xgnimola. This track will be up on the practice server.

Fuel multiplier in race 2 will be 2.6x to allow for the extra grip.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:52:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Imola Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »
Grip levels not to be talked about here but to me the cars are much better at regular levels. The rest I said in the other thread.  ;D

Ran a few laps last nite with Stan and the man formaly known as Krahl. Once I got the hang of the p1 with extra grip had a fun battle with Stan but need to drive the p1 very hard to be even within a second of the time I did in the lafa.

Unfortunatly I think I guided him around too well and he found more time. The lafa has got maybe a second advantage with the higher grip, was a bit closer at stock levels so it may be a back of pack battle in the p1 for me this time around.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »
Fortunately I think I guided him around too well and he found more time.
I fixa your typo!!  :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 05:13:25 PM »
Well it'll certainly be interesting to see how it goes.  I just can't figure out why Marty wants the extra grip so badly.

I've got family coming down over the weekend + Canadian Qual and Race at 4am each morning so won't get much of a chance to try before the race.  You've been warmed...

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
...so won't get much of a chance to try before the race.  You've been warmed...
That's my regular amount of practice.
Oh, and I'm always nice and warm around you :D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 10:22:45 AM »
Well it'll certainly be interesting to see how it goes.  I just can't figure out why Marty wants the extra grip so badly.

I've got family coming down over the weekend + Canadian Qual and Race at 4am each morning so won't get much of a chance to try before the race.  You've been warmed...

Yea!! a full early morning of motor racing and football weekend for me and my son,with Juventus paying the UEFA final and the canadian qual at the same time,at 4 am.....then on monday morning the F1 race      ;D ;D ;D

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 12:57:16 PM »
I'm out Tuesday - in PNG for work.

Have a top night all!  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »
I'm out Tuesday - in PNG for work.

Have a top night all!  ;D
OK, thanks Rolz.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »
May be iffy to make it tonight, i think my graphics card shit itself so im trying to fix it up now, or might run to the pc shop to get a new one lol see how i go. By 5.30 i guess ill have confirmation.
do you even motorsports?

Offline steve_xland

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »
Was on last night & struggling to get my McLaren anywhere near the lap times that you boys were hitting.
Even with the DRS system being utilised at every opportunity I was 2 seconds off.

Gonna need to put in some serious practice tonight after work. Best thing about living in NZ is that I have at least 2 hours extra practice time on race night before any of you aussies :)
"that;s what she actually looks like!" - Pablo Picasso

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
May be iffy to make it tonight, i think my graphics card shit itself so im trying to fix it up now, or might run to the pc shop to get a new one lol see how i go. By 5.30 i guess ill have confirmation.

Good luck.

Was on last night & struggling to get my McLaren anywhere near the lap times that you boys were hitting.
Even with the DRS system being utilised at every opportunity I was 2 seconds off.

Gonna need to put in some serious practice tonight after work. Best thing about living in NZ is that I have at least 2 hours extra practice time on race night before any of you aussies :)
You were on the higher grip "XGN Imola”, right?

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
Well gave it all a good clean and reinstalled a few things and all seems to be ok now :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
Server's up!

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »
Sorry for the late notice but I am out and cannot make it tonight.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »
PC won't boot up. Not sure if I'll make it in time. Will keep trying to sort out the problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal