Xtreme Gaming Network

Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)

Author Topic: Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)  (Read 20516 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 4 fun run: Lotus Evora GTC/GX at Vallelunga (extended)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
Interesting. I'm glad to see the weather does have an impact.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:23 AM »
Yeah Marty

« Reply #14 on: Today at 01:38:26 AM »

Thanks for staying up so late to test this all for us!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 12:59:44 PM »
Yeah Marty

« Reply #14 on: Today at 01:38:26 AM »

Thanks for staying up so late to test this all for us!  ;D

Got the day off today so stayed up way too late lol, seem to have got my issues sorted with w10. It seems the activation servers were down and so I couldn't activate it but once I did things are running as expected too. The full fresh clean install is better and I gave a few of the older cars a run last nite, I'm really likeing the changes to the tyre model and physics in all cars. I drove the Mito and it felt quite good then the abarth 500 was also way better at Zandvoort. 2 eleven is real nice too now and at Mugello its got no more of the weirdness going on with kerbs so a fun combo. I didn't try these much yet since the update but that can be tonight, I'm just going to try stracker again on my servers as I got a good benchmark over the weekend of what the single t2 small instance can handle. I saw about 45 people on servers at once between the 6 servers a few times and there was no warping or rising pings going on so I think easily you could run full league field off one of these at 20hz. At least 2 of the zandvoort servers were full most of the time which is 36 clients and quite likely may have been many more at once peak but without stracker running its very hard to tell exactly.

The overall netcode seems more stable too even with slightly climbing pings they don't warp out as much as they did in last build but I did see some guys get 1k+ up to 6500 for one and these guys were literally flying.

Should be a fun run tonight but I really am lost with where I will now vote, the cars we ran are quite different now compared to how they were but I think any of the combo's will be good fun.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »
Server's up.

It's damn hot in Vallelunga today. Race 1 is 34° ambient, and race 2 is 35° ambient, clear and sunny.

Let me know if something's not right. First time with the new configs etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »
May be late for tonights race, see if i can do race 2
do you even motorsports?

Rolz

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 06:55:26 PM »
can some one message me the TS details again please?

Forgot to save them on the rebuild  :-[

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
can some one message me the TS details again please?

Forgot to save them on the rebuild  :-[
TS.XGN.com.au

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:50 PM »
Apologies for the very late notice but I cant make it tonight Wally... cya next week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 09:31:06 PM »
Apologies for the very late notice but I cant make it tonight Wally... cya next week.
Next week should be the start of season 8!

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:25 PM »
Had some strange micro-stutter happening and that fast sweeping right at the end of the straight I was always losing it because of the stutter...
Sorry to impervious (spelling?) for the grass slide into wipe-out... brakes don't work on the grass...

Realised I hadn't overclocked my PC since the rebuild for FPS was only in the 50-60's... Wasn't sure if this contributed to it.
Anyway after overclocking it was all good around 80-90fps again and felt smoother....

Bring on Season 8 next week  ;D

Glad I have a full week on Win10 to work out niggly bits.  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2015, 10:26:32 PM »
Race Results

Congratulations to Guybrush on two poles, and Marty and Stan for the race wins.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 07:58:06 AM »
I added the ambient and track temps to the results. You can also see what tyres people used when you click on their names to expand their laps.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 10:59:18 AM »
Was a bit of fun, race 1 I thought we were waiting for gratulin to come inside the server so didnt get away at all thinkingh there was going to be another restart. Dropped lots of spots with my webber/mercedes start but was great fun fighting back through the pack.

After a hard battle I finally caught Stan, it looked like I wasnt going to make it. Had a few big moments following him closely through the first few corners 3 laps or so in a row. The first one caught me by suprise and was probably one of my best saves as I should have walled it very hard. After seeing I couldnt follow closely through this section I needed a plan B. In the end I think I got him around the outside of the hairpin with a few laps to go after trying to pass him for quite a few.

Race 2 I couldnt match Stan and GB's pace while in the gx, I tried to avoid lockups the first half a race after destroying 2 sets of tyres tyres in qualy. Then they found even more time, i tried to find some under braking and turned my front tyres into 50 cent pieces. By the last lap my wheel was shaking so much Im suprised it didnt break like my first g27.  ;D

If we run a season in these I think I need to find some way of keeping that inside front on the ground as it was getting murdered. Once I did a little one they just kept building and really I should have got a puncture with so much tyre damage at the end of the race.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 11:29:14 AM »
I quite like these cars.  The GTX is a hell of a lot better after 1.2.  The understeer seems to have been dialed out.

Race 1 I lost concentration coming out of the really tight hairpin and spun.  Let everyone go past and then got back on the road with a damaged front wing.  Managed to pull back 6 or 7 seconds on Marty and Stan after that, but was still a fair way behind.  Had a good little duel with Wally at the end, I think getting past on the last lap?

Race 2 I got out front and thought I'd take it easy as I didn't really have much energy left in me (got gastro on Monday) and Stan went by.  It was Renault v Mercedes on the straights as Stan was leaving me in his dust, but managed to make up the time on a couple of corners, but never enough to get past.  It was nose to tail for the whole race and I think if you look at the gap over all the laps it shows how close it was, and yet so far away....  Great racing Stan, you kept it together well, even when I threw it up the inside from a few car lengths back on one of the corners.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
I liked both these cars and they still get one of my votes.

Race 1 also thought we were going to wait on gratulin as people were just lingering around, I pulled onto the grass spun, damaged front, then realized we were actually racing. Caught up with chap after a couple of laps, then Rolz appeared after a spun, but soon after spun again and took out Imp. A bit later on I got past chap. Thought I was gonna be alone all race after the start so was nice to find a few more people :)

Race 2 held it together pretty well. Phil was hunting me down for a while, was inevitable he'd get past, but I'd have liked to hold him off longer than I did losing the backend and letting him though. Then held off EdWood for a few laps before he went off on the final turn on lap 10.

Good fun though. I was super conservative on the brakes in the GX and think I only locked up twice, tyres were fine. The night before I gave it a go and though my wheel was broken after a few laps due to the flat spots!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal