Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa

Author Topic: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa  (Read 31778 times)

MG

Re: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 03:27:54 PM »
Just wondering whether there is an XGN server setup for practice for Tuesdays funrun?? atm all i can see are Martys pub servers and a couple of others but none are set to spa or with the proper cars....i think. One of Martys pub servers may have some of the cars but the track is Red Bull Ring  ??? Or is it up to me to practice offline?? Just not sure, thats all.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:34:48 PM by Mark »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 03:47:25 PM »
Mark if you search for xgn you should see the practice server there is always an xgn tuesday practice server with the coming race setup. From what I can tell with stracker the server is still up with kcender running some laps a little earlier. Make sure you can see empty servers in your filters.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessionstat

MG

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 05:06:17 PM »
Thanks Marty.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

MG

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 06:01:51 PM »
I dont have the content for the race on Tuesday unfortunately for me and as money is tight i wont be buying it.  If the Carrera Cup wins the poll i will be racing if not i will miss another series. Sorry wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »
I dont have the content for the race on Tuesday unfortunately for me and as money is tight i wont be buying it.  If the Carrera Cup wins the poll i will be racing if not i will miss another series. Sorry wally.
No worries Mark.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »
I tried to join the test server yesterday, but was unsuccessful.  I've never been part of the minorating ecosystem before and I'm guessing that the whitelist isn't updated every time a new person signs up, so I was out of luck.   Not a huge deal, I just did some lonely laps on my own instead.  I know I'm a bit of a special case on this, but thought I'd call it out anyway.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 11:33:21 AM »
I tried to join the test server yesterday, but was unsuccessful.  I've never been part of the minorating ecosystem before and I'm guessing that the whitelist isn't updated every time a new person signs up, so I was out of luck.   Not a huge deal, I just did some lonely laps on my own instead.  I know I'm a bit of a special case on this, but thought I'd call it out anyway.

The whitelist will need to be updated so if you gave wally your guid he can add you or you can post it here or pm me and I can add you to it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 11:59:32 AM by marty »

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
The whitelist will need to be updated sonif you have wally your guid he can add you or you can give it here or pm me and I can add you to it.

PM'd.   Thanks!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 12:03:32 PM »
The whitelist will need to be updated sonif you have wally your guid he can add you or you can give it here or pm me and I can add you to it.

PM'd.   Thanks!

Done you should be able to get in to the practice servers now.

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »
Done you should be able to get in to the practice servers now.
Confirmed working.  Thank you.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2017, 01:35:31 PM »
I wonder if for a season like this rather then limiting people from car choice, could it be possible to give bonus race points for those in the slower cars. As an example it could just be the bottom 5 cars which are all fairly close within but about 2 seconds behind the top 3. So the Nismo gtr, 458, mclaren, 911r and 911 turbo would get some form of bonus points to encourage people to chose them.

This way the quicker guys would have a strategic choice to take the easier results in the faster car or get the bonus points in the slower cars while still unlikely to get a win but maybe a 4th place would get them as many points as winning in the faster car.

It would also ensure that most of the field simply dont pick the fastest options and give some oncentivw to picking the slower cars without needing to ballast them or force people into the choice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2017, 01:46:59 PM »
I think if this option won, what I might do is start everybody off in a middle car for a couple of rounds, then the slowest third of the field could choose from all cars including the faster cars, and the top third would be limited to the slower cars for the remainder of the season. That way you would get closer racing, rather than just a points incentive, which may not be incentive enough for some.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »
Marty - according to the RSR times you posted, the lambo is one of the bottom 3 slowest cars. With what you just suggested, you want now give bonus points for the faster cars? I put out a damn good time in the Lamborghini last night (2.35.750) and all of a sudden it's bonus points for all but the one I like.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »
Marty - according to the RSR times you posted, the lambo is one of the bottom 3 slowest cars. With what you just suggested, you want now give bonus points for the faster cars? I put out a damn good time in the Lamborghini last night (2.35.750) and all of a sudden it's bonus points for all but the one I like.

RSR times mean very little as many are done on older builds, I was simply going by the times on the server. For example I only did 3 laps in the lambo and is the second fastest car by some margin with only the Ruf quicker and gt3 rs not far off but then the other 5 cars are considerably slower. This is going by my laptimes but its not like others havent driven laps here, nobody has gone sub 2:36 in any car thats not of the top 3 I mentioned and those 5 just in this combo are within 1 second at 2:36.008 to 2:37.080 then there is the ruf 2:33.864 Lambo 2:34.418 and gt3 rs 2:34.725.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?currservers=XGN%20Tuesdays

Now track will have some effect on this along with conditions as cooler temps the nismo GTR would be maybe 1 sec faster then it is and also the 911R with warmer temps would be faster as it doesnt get rears to temp while the gtr overheats fronts. The 911 GT3 rs is the slowest top speed car yet one of the quickest around a lap at Spa which is quite telling showing it will be very quick anywhere as it handles the best by a fair bit. The lambo being AWD with more power then the gtr is a good combo likely at most tracks as it handles a bit better then the gtr with more power. The ruf is 20kmh faster then the second fastest car but also worst handling of the lot, on a very small tight track it will likely struggle but any reasonable length straight it will gain big chunks of time over all the rest of the cars.

No I am not mentioning performance due to your lap times but anyone can go in the server and set laps, Im surprised nobody else has been real quick in the ruf but its a car that needs lots of patience. Of most others that have run a few cars they are quickest in the lambo or gt3 rs as expected. Phil is the only other person to go sub 2:37 in any car thats not the top 3 and 9 other laps have been set sub 2:37 by others yet these are all in the ruf, lambo or gt3 rs so I think its quite a common pattern.  ;)

Also check your times in the lambo vs the cars I call the bottom 5, you are 4 seconds faster so it kind of just proves my point I think. In stracker you can also click the little plus sign to see other data like one entry per driver showing which car they are fastest in of the 30 fastest drivers only 4 are in cars that arent the top 3. Nearly everyone is fastest in either the gt3rs, the lambo or the ruf, sure some likely havent driven many of the cars but quite a few have driven a few of them.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/lapstat?track=spa&cars=ferrari_458,ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl,mclaren_mp412c,ks_nissan_gtr,ks_porsche_911_gt3_rs,ks_porsche_911_r,ks_porsche_991_turbo_s,ks_ruf_rt12r&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&ranking=1
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 06:12:24 PM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal