Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa

Author Topic: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa  (Read 31692 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run Mar 7: Supercars at Spa
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 03:38:13 PM »
Maybe Wally should set a world limit per post like twitter as anything bigger is too much to take in for many these days.  ::)
Or maybe just add ballast to your posts. . . . . :)  :)

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »
That's why I reckon use the 458 and the MP4 for group A (fast guys) and lambs and Gt3 RS for group B.

Using your lap times Marty, that's keeping a constant entity in selecting different cars of the same performance. If you use different drivers in different cars, there is too much variance in skill and drive style to be accurate.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2017, 03:54:35 PM »
Maybe Wally should set a world limit per post like twitter as anything bigger is too much to take in for many these days.  ::)
Or maybe just add ballast to your posts. . . . . :)  :)

You want them to be heavier. ?? ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »
It's not that it's too much.
I read your 1st post, the rest are just repeats
You may think that helps but it's 'boy who cried wolf', the more you post the less I care. :P

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
You may think that helps but it's 'boy who cried wolf', the more you post the less I care. :P

Like I said, he got his own way with the Lambo by repeating himself again and again until Wally caved, so he's learn that is how to get his own way. My kids do it all the time.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »
I simply did the testing for this and am saying what I have seen in the interest of making the cars closer, Not many others have really tested all the cars and the initial groupings are simply off the RSR data which really isnt the greatest indicator as the actual testing has shown in the practice server.

Like I said, he got his own way with the Lambo by repeating himself again and again until Wally caved, so he's learn that is how to get his own way. My kids do it all the time.

With my choice of the Lambo after testing it it is too fast and the 488 is way too fast but because there is the Ruf and GT3 rs it at least gives one more option against them with the Lambo otherwise there would only be 2 cars to chose and the ruf is too much for most so it would have been mostly the gt3s season on its own.

Looking at RSR data in all these cars at this track there are only a handful of xgn people that have set a lap in only a few of the cars, some cars have heaps of laps but lots of old outdated ones too. Some have very limited data the prac server has considerable data but still its only a few that have set laps.

I see that my input really isnt welcome anyway so in the future I will simply post to complain about others posts and in no way try to improve things or bother making suggestions that could make for a better series. That is the sort of posts the majority of posters here like as nobody has ever objected against those types of posts and maybe thats all this forum is for, which I have clearly been in the wrong so sorry to all and I will just leave you guys on your own as I think im done with trying to help here.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:44:32 PM by marty »

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2017, 05:01:11 PM »
Not thats its likely to happen but bonus points would make racing more interesting, after all anyone could chose a car thats a bit slower and would give them the bonus points. If there is nothing like that then no reason for the quick guys not to simply pick the quickest cars and be 2 seconds or so a lap ahead of the others in the same car.  ;)

As is there really isnt much incentive to chose a slower car

Then don't make it an incentive. Make it a rule. You know who the fast drivers are from previous seasons and races. Top 8 - 10 drivers will use X car, everyone else use another car 2-3 seconds faster. DONE.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
I simply did the testing for this and am saying what I have seen in the interest of making the cars closer, Not many others have really tested all the cars and the initial groupings are simply off the RSR data which really isnt the greatest indicator as the actual testing has shown in the practice server.

With my choice of the Lambo after testing it it is too fast and the 488 is way too fast but because there is the Ruf and GT3 rs it at least gives one more option against them with the Lambo otherwise there would only be 2 cars to chose and the ruf is too much for most so it would have been mostly the gt3s season on its own.

Looking at RSR data in all these cars at this track there are only a handful of xgn people that have set a lap in only a few of the cars, some cars have heaps of laps but lots of old outdated ones too. Some have very limited data the prac server has considerable data but still its only a few that have set laps.

I see that my input really isnt welcome anyway so in the future I will simply post to complain about others posts and in no way try to improve things or bother making suggestions that could make for a better series. That is the sort of posts the majority of posters here like as nobody has ever objected against those types of posts and maybe thats all this forum is for, which I have clearly been in the wrong so sorry to all and I will just leave you guys on your own as I think im done with trying to help here.

I'm just jesting really, don't take it to heart. The repetition is getting a little thin but you do a lot of good for the league.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2017, 06:05:08 PM »
Yeah Marty, like Joe said. I read it all and take everything in.
And then still do what I think is best :D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2017, 06:11:38 PM »
Server's up.

Run RSR Rank if you can - the temp is a balmy 26 degrees, good for PRO times.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
You guys make it so complicated no jokes. Just lets race and forget about.ABattle for 24th position is just as good as a battle for 1st,getting a bit annoyed  over how to deal and make the faster driver slow or whatever........a question......are you guys smoking crack cocaine???????

I think either have all cars as close as possible in performance so everyone has a reasonable chance in any car or if there are a few considerably quicker then the others its not likely anyone will chose those unless they are simply given to the slightly slower guys to help them get a bit closer. Get a slower guy in a slower guy vs a faster guy in the faster car and the difference in laptimes at Spa will be more then 7 seconds per lap.  ;) Why would the slower guy then chose to give an extra 3 or 4 seconds per lap start to the guys that are already quicker. If the faster guys chose a slower car then anyone they would normally race that choses one of the 3 faster ones they will be at least 2 seconds per lap slower so again what incentive is there to chose any of the 5 slowest cars even if they are all very close if the other 3 give you 2 seconds per lap advantage?

Sure you can run a single make series but having varied cars that are close in performance but doing it a bit differently is kind of the main point of such a series and 5 of these cars are like this as are the top 3 but all 8 combined are almost like 2 classes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2017, 01:03:37 PM »
Dont worry Simone I am following your lead, never again will I try to help the league or give any productive posts or at least have a discussion regarding how things can be improved. I am simply going to post negative troll type posts as there has never been an issue with these here. I also am not going to be paying for the leagues practice servers any more so maybe you can get out some money and put that where your mouth is.  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
Don't have a tantrum.
No one is saying you can't have your say.
It's just 6 or 7 posts about the same thing gets old, that's all. ::)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2017, 05:48:29 PM »
Don't have a tantrum.
No one is saying you can't have your say.
It's just 6 or 7 posts about the same thing gets old, that's all. ::)

Multiple posts from the same people contributing nothing but silly digs doesn't get old though, they didn't add anything to the thread beyond those and thats what pissed me off the most. Anyway as I said im done here in terms of all but racing, thanks to the amazing input by a few with some that had no interest in the cars at all, didn't do a single lap in the prac server and didnt turn up for the practice race yet put in their few little digs at someone simply trying to help and test to see how the cars stacked up. Thats why I have no more interest helping the league in any way beyond simply turning up to race. I will still run my own public servers but the xgn servers will need to be organized by others.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »
If you mean me, you can say it.
I'm a big man, I won't cry. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal