Xtreme Gaming Network

AC server browser android app

Author Topic: AC server browser android app  (Read 51065 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC server browser android app
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2015, 10:42:02 AM »
Notifications are nearly working... my tablet showed that Grat's been jumping on the practice server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2015, 01:05:29 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Is the favourites list dependent on the IP address of the server, or the name?  So what changes for the favourite to disappear?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
Looking forward to it.

Is the favourites list dependent on the IP address of the server, or the name?  So what changes for the favourite to disappear?
Currently its the name, but I'll change it to IP address and port number, because names change.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »
For some reason when I try searching for this app on the Google store it doesn't come up.  I've done "AC Server browser" and "Assetto Corsa" and not finding it.

Not sure how searches work on the Google Play store, but might be worth optimising it eventually?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2015, 11:13:53 AM »
For some reason when I try searching for this app on the Google store it doesn't come up.  I've done "AC Server browser" and "Assetto Corsa" and not finding it.

Not sure how searches work on the Google Play store, but might be worth optimising it eventually?

I found it under "Assetto Corsa", but not "AC server browser". I'm not sure why it's not showing for you.

Thanks for the ratings guys, by the way.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 11:21:41 PM »
I've set up a beta test program for version 1.1, which adds notifications on players joining your favourite servers. If you already have the app and want to beta test this new version, PM me the gmail email address that you purchased it with, and I will invite you to the beta program. The new version should then appear as an update in the play store. I've never done this before, so that's the theory at least.

I'd like to test this on a few different devices before it goes out into the wild.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »
Thank you beta testers!

New version 1.1 released!
  • Added customisable notifications for when players join your favourite servers (see app Settings).
    You can get notified when a certain number of players join your favourite servers.
    Set the times of day when you want to get notifications.
    Get notifications on WiFi only if you want.
  • Remembers favourites by server IP address and port instead of by name, so they stay in your favourites even if they are renamed. You will need to re-add your favourite servers.
  • A few bug fixes.
New version 1.1 released!
  • Added customisable notifications for when players join your favourite servers (see app Settings).
  • You can get notified when a certain number of players join your favourite servers.
     Set the times of day when you want to get notifications.
     Get notifications on WiFi only if you want.
  • Remembers favourites by server IP address and port instead of by name, so they stay in your favourites even if they are renamed. You will need to re-add your favourite servers.
  • A few bug fixes.

And GB, I found the bug where servers that you searched for and favourited weren't having the orange star show up straight away. I also changed the "Server" heading on the list to "All Servers" or "Favourite Servers".

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2015, 10:59:18 PM »
Great work Wally.  It's really coming into its own with the notifications.  Was sitting around not doing much tonight when I got an alert on one of the NZ server so jumped on and had some great racing. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.  I especially like it that you can make it only send for alerts during specified times of the day (does it still search the servers all day?).

I've been telling a lot of people online about it and most are really interested but are using an Apple phone. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
No, it only searches the servers between the hours you specify. Thanks for plugging it :)

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2015, 06:41:04 AM »
For some reason my app won't update. I've tried uninstalling and downloading but still seems to be the beta version.  Could I he stuck as a beta tester somehow?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2015, 07:38:12 AM »
For some reason my app won't update. I've tried uninstalling and downloading but still seems to be the beta version.  Could I he stuck as a beta tester somehow?

Sometimes it takes a while for new versions to become available in the play store. But I also just now disabled beta testing, so see if that makes a difference.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2015, 09:49:54 AM »
Dumb question probably but will this work fine if I use an Android Tablet or does it have to be a smartphone?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »
Dumb question probably but will this work fine if I use an Android Tablet or does it have to be a smartphone?
It will work on either.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:13 PM »

Thanks. Now I have an excuse to get one.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal