Xtreme Gaming Network

Australian Nissan GT Academy finalists ready to take on the world in Silverstone

Author Topic: Australian Nissan GT Academy finalists ready to take on the world in Silverstone  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
IF YOU told someone 20 years ago that a car company was turning video gamers into real racing car drivers they would laugh in your face. But for 28 Aussie hopefuls, that’s exactly what they were hoping to happen at the Australian Nissan GT Academy finals over the weekend.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/design/australian-nissan-gt-academy-finalists-ready-to-take-on-the-world-in-silverstone/story-fnjwucvh-1226989735084

I'm spewing i missed out on signing up!

Offline marty

• View Profile
Why arent they all using ps3 controllers and why havent they put them in the real Nissans yet.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
I was just thinking, Gran Turismo is the perfect game to measure someone's real life driving ability  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
Here is one that should have stuck to the Playstation.  :)

[youtube]UFupHD4TQaM[/youtube]

Though some of the guys driving the GT3 GTR are pretty good drivers and I think most of them came through this. Still the quickest guys in any game or sim will need to know the basics just starting out in Gran Tourismo means they need to unlearn most of the habits that made them quicker there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal