Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood

Author Topic: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood  (Read 30335 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 08:51:21 PM »
Just had a look at the AI file and the track surfaces are very poorly mapped here and so I cant make an AI file where they will actually drive beyond the first turn due to this and they all retire. Sadly the guy making these tracks really doesnt put too much effort into them or learning how to do things properly so until he fixes that the Ai will be useless here. Also seen by holes in the track and other fairly poor conversion issues.

The track looks nice but thats more down to the guys that actually built the original track the conversions themselves and how they are implemented in AC is fairly poor here and most other tracks I have seen by this guy. Including some pretty dodgy credits to random people when many are ripped straight from codemasters and hes just converting another guys rip who really doesn't have any rights to the source.   :)

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 10:36:16 AM »
Updated Track released 0.9.7

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackwood.2639/

Edit: Not sure if anyone cares but this version has issues with the grass for example on one exit if you touch the grass on the left after the first chicane the car stops and you have to go to the pits.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:06:16 PM by Phil »

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 11:09:40 AM »
Marty, I think they are working on the road surfaces on each release. I posted a new version if you wanna give it a go maybe the AI recording will work a bit better.

Update 0.9.7

-New Shaders For tree's ( thanks to @Sneer)
-Fixed holes one the entrance of the rally cross track
-fixed pit garage exit in all 32 garages ( bump that there was there)
- tires in the chicane are no longer flying
-pit lane now was 80 km/h speed limit
-hd preview and track map by @tim_olol (now there is track map ingame)
-Fixed some flying grass
fixed of some worng materials
-improvement on bump map of the road texture
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:13:23 AM by Phil »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
Are your servers down Wally? Or is it just "No Dicks" now and I can't see them? In that case I'm sure Marty can't see them either.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
Are your servers down Wally? Or is it just "No Dicks" now and I can't see them? In that case I'm sure Marty can't see them either.
I'm just updating/taking a look at them now.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2014, 02:41:03 PM »
Marty, I think they are working on the road surfaces on each release. I posted a new version if you wanna give it a go maybe the AI recording will work a bit better.

Update 0.9.7

-New Shaders For tree's ( thanks to @Sneer)
-Fixed holes one the entrance of the rally cross track
-fixed pit garage exit in all 32 garages ( bump that there was there)
- tires in the chicane are no longer flying
-pit lane now was 80 km/h speed limit
-hd preview and track map by @tim_olol (now there is track map ingame)
-Fixed some flying grass
fixed of some worng materials
-improvement on bump map of the road texture

I will take another look at it, the pitlane speed lim8t means he has done some work on the surface settings. The actual AI fastline included was made by a real alien and has a good line. Just the surfaces being poorly mapped and also the file wasnt properly saved meant it couldnt work properly.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
FUN server (Tatuus/Blackwood) is back up, and I'm on it. No freejoin, no booking.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2014, 03:06:30 PM »
Ok I just got home and finished updating it will give it a go, keen to see how the drafting works. No freejoin as it has now become official :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2014, 03:19:16 PM »
Smooth as butter with 2 cars on track, anyway. And the drafting definitely works. Don't forget to upgrade to 0.97 of the track.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 03:21:05 PM »
Smooth as butter with 2 cars on track, anyway. And the drafting definitely works. Don't forget to upgrade to 0.97 of the track.

Ok thats probably why I got the server missmatch boot, Am running file integrity check and will dl the latest version and jump on if anyone is still around. Hard to test the daft on my own  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
I guess I can put down the 98T for a while :(, probably need the practice in the Tatuus anyway. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 06:05:38 PM »
So far, nice and smooth. Replays are nice and smooth too, and smaller in filesize, so you'll probably get the whole race now. It's also smooth from other cars' viewpoints in the replay.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »
I'll be running this race on the big server. There's a server-side setting that controls how often the clients connected to the server are updated - 15 times per second by default. If my calculations are correct, I'll be able to increase this to 100 times per second, i.e. updating the clients about 6 times more frequently than the default setting. The server upload capacity I've measured is amazing - 68 MB/s! That's megabytes.

Offline Phil

• View Profile

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »
This race will be using the season 2 sign up grid and skin pack, for testing. Download the skin pack here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=404.msg4852#msg4852

and upgrade the track as per the post above too (thanks Phil).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal