Xtreme Gaming Network

Practice server up with set grid

Author Topic: Practice server up with set grid  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Practice server up with set grid
« on: July 29, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
I've put the practice server "AUS www.xgn.com.au LEAGUE PRACTICE" up with the same set grid that we used on Tuesday, so Lee "the1smithy" can try joining it for trouble shooting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Practice server up with set grid
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:39:36 AM »
Regarding practice servers Wally, I just did some testing on my server and RSR can work with no penalties set by server so allowed wheels out=4. As long as you have penatlies on in SP mode and the server is set to qualy or race RSR is working as it should, this makes it rather odd why it needs penalties on if they are actually off when in mp when setup this way. Still the RSR cut checking is much tighter then the game cuts so I never understood the idea behind forcing penalties on to have it register times.

Also seems my high ping issues are simply caused by flow control being on. When I turn it on my ping to my server is 40-100 but with it off I get a solid 34-37.

Not sure if flow control was enabled on the race night server but at one point my ping got to 300 in the practice session, during the races I think it stayed more stable but as I didnt see many other cars I also was more focused on apexes then my ping but I dont recall it getting too high.

I am not certain that its purely flow control causing my higher pings as I have been on some servers that go high and others that are fine but testing on my own I have noticed this. However with flow control on it doesnt seem to be effecting others in a negative way which is odd maybe the NSA tapping my system is effected by this in some way.  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Practice server up with set grid
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 12:09:06 PM »
Goodo - I'll turn penalties off on the practice server then, because they're just a pain.

I've had flow control off on the race servers and the practice servers for some time. I'm also using a client send hertz of 10. The race night server has massive network capacity, so I can only assume it's still some kind of netcode bug or quirk.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal