Xtreme Gaming Network

The Smoke Dick Challenge!

Author Topic: The Smoke Dick Challenge!  (Read 24542 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
The Smoke Dick Challenge!
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
Something Marty and Guybrush both enjoy doing..

what? I hear you say.

The Smoke dick challenge
Beat my time of 15.12.611
Car BMW M3 E30 DTM

Fastest Smoker to date: Bird 12:30.204

Bird 12:30:204
Marty 12:40.159
Lemmy Caution aka Flattop aka Bruce 14:14:15

Quite simple really.

WARNING The timer doesn't work as you go past the 1st gate. You need to organise your set up then escape 'restart race' then hit the steering wheel icon and plant your foot. might loose a second or two. It records your finish time though.

The track is point to point..
Transfagarasan North. Hill Climb V0.4K
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/transfagarasan-north-wip-v0-4k.13058/

from the AC link: Drdoomslab:
Hello Everyone. I'm very pleased to let you all know that I have started on this awesome 23.6km road and have been given permission by Goibaka to convert and update this track.

From the Transfagarasan wiki page:

The Transfăgărășan (trans (over, across) + Făgăraș) or DN7C is the second-highest paved road in Romania. Also known as Ceaușescu's Folly,[1] it was built as a strategic military route, that stretches 90 km with twists and turns that run north to south across the tallest sections of the Southern Carpathians, between the highest peaks in the country, Moldoveanu, and the second highest, Negoiu

There is meant to be a few holes but I didn't find any. I did roll a few times down the mountain and went back to pits so my times is quite conservative even for me. 13 odd minutes is the WR atm on RSR
quite a nice track. Not a drift circuit.
[youtube]LtUqzy_ntuc[/youtube]

What do you win? The warm fuzzy feeling you get knowing you have smoked Dick!!!  :o

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:44:58 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: The Smoke Dick Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
Lol you have issues  :D

Thats actually on my server atm unless it crashed, had fun racing 4 guys up there last nite and one was guybrush's best mate mr Hornbuckle. Really fun track I also made some ai for it so you can set it to 100% then see if you can hang on to it. I wouldnt recommend passing it or adding too many ai as it will have issues when needing to go off the fastlane.

The road itself is fricken awesome to drive in street cars and well worth having a go, if you dont push to the limit you can make it up quite easily as you would if you drove it for real.

Your pre ocuppation with male genitalia is quite disturbing but because your on the other side of the country we are both safe and can understand as that is quite common I hear.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
Lol you have issues  :D
Your pre ocuppation with male genitalia is quite disturbing but because your on the other side of the country we are both safe and can understand as that is quite common I hear.

I don't understand?? I think you might be the one that has the issues.. to smoke someone is to beat them in a race as in: 'left them in a cloud of smoke' That person being me, Dick. I don't even see what is wrong with that??

Besides, pretty strong words coming from someone living in Melbourne...

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 08:13:39 AM »
If you like these long tracks you should check out SS Mandagout - Payregroosse, another track called alps standard/reverse and petersbergrennen (Petersberg hill climb)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »
If you like these long tracks you should check out SS Mandagout - Payregroosse, another track called alps standard/reverse and petersbergrennen (Petersberg hill climb)

Yeah that one looks great. Slightly put out by having to email to get the download though. That mean I'd have to get everyone to do the same to take the Smoke Dick Challenge.

and I'm not getting many takers. Marty did some trash talking but he is still yet to post a time...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
I will do your challenge havent ran any laps since thurs nite, just downloading the update and will put something up on my server not sure what yet. I will do the challenge, it seems like a good time though as I was a bit quicker in a standard elise on street tyres with green track so wonder if I can match that pace with the much faster DTM and a good track.  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
I'm not a big fan of these hill climb tracks to be honest.  Takes too long for me to learn them!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
I'm just not a big fan of smokin' dick. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »

I'm not a big fan of these hill climb tracks to be honest.  Takes too long for me to learn them!
That's a GenY problem I think - short attention span :) Baby Boomers take too long to learn even the short tracks :( :(

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:09 PM »
Here's mine.  13:36
Shame there are no segments or any indication of your position....

It's really good fun, though, and a beautiful place.   I like these point-to-point tracks!

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:32:19 PM by Bird »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »
Here's mine.  13:36
Shame there are no segments or any indication of your position....

It's really good fun, though, and a beautiful place.   I like these point-to-point tracks!

Thanks for participating Bird!
You clearly have smoked Dick Royally! I'll post your time up in the 1st post.

I agree I really like these point to point type races. This track still needs work but is very pretty already and the change in elevations is very realistic i thought. The scenery changes a few times. Love it. Yeah learning them is bummer but it can make a nice change from going around a track.

I'm just not a big fan of smokin' dick. :o

Bird has smoked Dick like a champion. If he can do it. You can Bacchulum.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 04:01:38 PM »
Here is my Challenge, this dick is too easy to flog. By the way are you Polish by any chance as you could then rename it smoke a pole challenge also.  ;)

Also the AI smoked the Dick pretty well.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 04:59:01 PM »

I agree I really like these point to point type races. This track still needs work but is very pretty already and the change in elevations is very realistic i thought. The scenery changes a few times. Love it. Yeah learning them is bummer but it can make a nice change from going around a track.

I've no time to learn it, I've simply had a few tries at it, failed a couple of times (drove off cliffs, hehe) and succeeded at run #4 or #5.  Funny that the previous run I got almost to the finish - but I had no idea I was there - and threw it into a chasm about 30sec from the top, hehe.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
Here is my Challenge, this dick is too easy to flog. By the way are you Polish by any chance as you could then rename it smoke a pole challenge also.  ;)

A 12:40.159!!  What a Dick Smoker!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »

I've no time to learn it, I've simply had a few tries at it, failed a couple of times (drove off cliffs, hehe) and succeeded at run #4 or #5.  Funny that the previous run I got almost to the finish - but I had no idea I was there - and threw it into a chasm about 30sec from the top, hehe.

My first 2 runs up I went off the cliff on the last corner, that one is sneaky. Overall its fairly straightforward with only about 3 or 4 tricky spots you need to remember I have only ran it maybe 10 times. 3rd run up I made an ai file then the next couple runs followed the ai and it taught me where i didnt need to lift as much.

I tend to start of slow and find out where I can go quicker maybe from my real world experiance unlike some simmers who would need quite a few cars to learn a real world track.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal