Xtreme Gaming Network

The Smoke Dick Challenge!

Author Topic: The Smoke Dick Challenge!  (Read 25325 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: The Smoke Dick Challenge!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:06:17 PM »
Well, we always knew you were quick Marty...it took me quite a bit to beat you here.  And I suspect it won't last long. This isn't a perfect run, far from it.

It's an interesting trick with the AI :)  But I prefer wrecking a few cars.  Man there are some treacherous edges and rocks out here.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:17:14 PM »
Good stuff Bird, knocking a minute off a PB has to be some sort of achievement. You are a the best dick smoker here for now.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2014, 11:23:46 PM »
I'm the fastest dick smoker! :D 
Yeah I had to learn the track somewhat.  And change the setup a bit.

I just checked the replay, I've actually had a run-in with the rock wall at one point, then with the guardrail on the other side.  So I guess there's at least another easy 5 seconds in, and if I learn the last part better probably 10.  But it'd take quite a bit of time I think.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »
My lap time I ran against the AI and pulled well away but it caught me up pretty quick, I did lose the flow a little and setup wise I just used mine from Silverstone International round season 1 and changed the gearing a little. I think it could be quite a bit quicker especially with the hairpins I was kind of in between gears on most of those.

I see a new version is out so I may give it another run and see If I can be better at smoking Dick then you are. He must be loving getting smoked so badly.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
It really is a awesome track. Not as twisty is you'd think.
I love the changes in elevation, ears almost pop.
Have you guys tried the one Phil talks about? The you-tube clips look awesome.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 08:54:54 AM »
Talking about these, dick?
...SS Mandagout - Payregroosse, another track called alps standard/reverse and petersbergrennen (Petersberg hill climb)

You could start new challenges on those once we've finished this one :)

It'd be good to see the pCars tracks converted.  There are a couple of really nice point-to-point road tracks.  I used to love love the azure coast one.  It's not hillclimb, and it's a bit more flowing IMO. 

I reckon this one is plenty twisty.  I got dizzy going left-right-left-right-left-right :)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:56:29 AM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 08:55:51 AM »
I have tried most of those rally stages, look real good but have quite a few roadside objects like small kerbs that acted like landmines. Youd really need pace notes on them or run them lots of times, much tighter with lots of blind hairpins. Very promising tracks just need a bit more work and if we get a proper pace note system tarmac rallying would be great fun there.

Once you give them an email address they send links to each update and seems they are working on quite a few tracks atm. I dont think I have seen the finish line on any of the longer stages yet but only had 1 or 2 goes on them.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 09:04:59 AM »
Talking about these, dick?
...SS Mandagout - Payregroosse, another track called alps standard/reverse and petersbergrennen (Petersberg hill climb)

You could start new challenges on those once we've finished this one :)

It'd be good to see the pCars tracks converted.  There are a couple of really nice point-to-point road tracks.  I used to love love the azure coast one.  It's not hillclimb, and it's a bit more flowing IMO. 

I reckon this one is plenty twisty.  I got dizzy going left-right-left-right-left-right :)

Yeah that's the one Bird. A you tube clip of a guy getting around in a cobra. so it's not too twisty. But yeah only room for one car..

I have tried most of those rally stages, look real good but have quite a few roadside objects like small kerbs that acted like landmines. Youd really need pace notes on them or run them lots of times, much tighter with lots of blind hairpins. Very promising tracks just need a bit more work and if we get a proper pace note system tarmac rallying would be great fun there.

Once you give them an email address they send links to each update and seems they are working on quite a few tracks atm. I dont think I have seen the finish line on any of the longer stages yet but only had 1 or 2 goes on them.

Was a bit sus about the email. Couldn't put it up as a dick smoking challenge. not yet anyway..

I think the one i posted is 26kms.. How long is Nords?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »
Think Nords is about 20km but average speed more then double of that rally stage. So I think it would be quite a long run but I learnt the first few km just left a car at the bottom of various cliffs. Nit sure if we are talking the same track as in the email I think they have sent at least 3 or 4 tracks. All very well done and with some fune tuning will be some of the best roads in AC quite easily. I think they ate scratch built tracks for RBR.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
I've just tried this again, after the updates, and I could only do a 12:31.460 without making any serious mistakes.
But I've done a few total crashes in places where earlier I could go nearly flat out, now it requires a definite braking. 

So IMO the tyre model just got more slippery :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 07:13:55 PM »
I've just tried this again, after the updates, and I could only do a 12:31.460 without making any serious mistakes.
But I've done a few total crashes in places where earlier I could go nearly flat out, now it requires a definite braking. 

So IMO the tyre model just got more slippery :)

I havent gone back to it yet but wondering what tyres are you using, I used mediums for my run softs are useless in these. Maybe be better at the end of the run on hards which I will try next time.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:45:43 PM »
I used mediums and finally got a  14:14:15
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:24:47 PM »
I was on softs...maybe a bad idea?

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 08:49:09 AM »
I've updated all you Dick Smokers! (I hope i have got them all)

Well done Bird for getting a great PB!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »
I was on softs...maybe a bad idea?

I just tried again and did pretty much the same time, I tried softs but they were shot less then half way up even mediums I am finishing with 97% at the rear. No idea how you get softs to last in the DTM for that long and still get any speed up the last part of the run. I tried hards but was about 10 seconds slower then on the mediums.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal