Xtreme Gaming Network

The Smoke Dick Challenge!

Author Topic: The Smoke Dick Challenge!  (Read 25304 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: The Smoke Dick Challenge!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2014, 03:56:50 PM »
I was on softs...maybe a bad idea?

I just tried again and did pretty much the same time, I tried softs but they were shot less then half way up even mediums I am finishing with 97% at the rear. No idea how you get softs to last in the DTM for that long and still get any speed up the last part of the run. I tried hards but was about 10 seconds slower then on the mediums.
I dunno.  I can imagine a few things;
- I can gain a lot of speed early on with the softs, or
- I'm not driving the wheels off, and they last
- and/or possibly my driving style is very different from yours... :)

I'll try the mediums if I get a chance.  I've tried hards, but same as you, I was significantly slower.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:11 AM »
This wasnt a Dick smoke  attempt but testing the new AI I made with my first run up in the Mclarens at 100%. Im always slow vs AI in the very twisty last 3rd as I cant seem to get the power down same in the dtm too which is where Bird probably smokes me on this run.

[youtube]CY8D5UBxpl4[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2014, 08:53:02 PM »
I just ran a few runs up here with Peter in f40 and p4/5 absolutely insane bit of road to race on. So much fun I highly recommend others to have a go. Not really any way to pass until the guy ahead makes a mistake but pushing each other is pretty intense here. It can be setup by server to run a single lap race just no real way to qualy so grid positions will be pot luck.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:14 PM »
If anyone wants to have a challenge they can try beat my RSR time at Lake louise in the KTM. 8:26 but I had wear and fuel off as I was running laps for an AI line. WIth 10l of fuel onboard. Still cant run a perfect lap so theres another 5 seconds or so in that at least but its a pretty awesome combination well worth a shot. Its like a slightly faster Nordschleife but a few more blind crests where you need to know the line quite well. If you follow the AI for a couple laps you should get the basic line then figure out the rest from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal