Xtreme Gaming Network

Is it just me or is AC...

Author Topic: Is it just me or is AC...  (Read 16509 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Is it just me or is AC...
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 02:37:37 PM »
Still everyone has different views on things but for me AC when setup correctly feels most natural to me. Ive used most other sims and got all current ones but really dont drive them much any more. I wish AC did a few other things better but the basic driving model is what keeps me churning out laps here. Also agree its much cheaper then real racing but I never got into bikes as cars normally dont hurt unless your quite unlucky and I never got hurt driving real cars.

Im not sure how it works if using paddles on a manual car as I really havent tried. Other then we found in some cars its quite a bit slower with paddles but others not much difference. Its more likely to mis gears and damage the engine or transmission with the shifter but its never slower then using paddles in any official cars and some it may be a bit quicker especially the manual lotus street cars.

Still in the end you may prefer something else and thats the beauty of having a few options these days. There should be at least one sim that feels better to you. There is no perfect sim and never will be but they are all getting a bit better these days.

Anyone with real world experiance shouldnt jump into a sim and need to relearn how to drive which seemed to be the case in the past. Im pretty sure you have never jumped into any car and not been able to get it around a lap without crashing, sure pushing the limits is another thing.

Also in a sim you lose lots of feel you get in a real car but AC using the same techiques that worked well on real tracks also work well in the game. Many others you needed to drive very differently to get the most put of the cars and thisbis what to me turned me off many of those.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 03:25:17 PM »
Yea thanks Marty I'll keep plugging away at it...perhaps I've had a few to many years off sim racing and that's it, tried the Alfa 16c thingy with aids off and it does feel better tbh...it must be me if everyone else thinks it's good lol....keep pumping laps out and see if it clicks :)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
Not a bad innings wobs
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 05:33:22 PM »
Cheers Mathew...3rd generation racer, ended up like the rest of the family...broken bodied and bankrupt lol ;)

Once it's in the blood eh :)

Moto gp starts this weekend....know what I'm doing :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 10:51:03 PM »
One thing to check Wobbly is whether your FFB is clipping. I recommend this app: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-stable-version-2-3.14165/

After you drive a few laps, it tells you what to set your FFB to to avoid clipping and to get the best response from your wheel. I set the FFB gain to 100% in the main controller setup (and leave it at that), and then use the app's recommended FFB multiplier in the Generic section of the car's setup when you're on-track. You need to do this for each car/track combo that you're practising, ideally.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
Thanks wally...I've changed my opinion of AC after our great battles tonight lol....apologies for offending the masses lol...I'll try your Anti clip tool thank you sir.

Offline faz

• mango
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:57:02 AM »
I think the general game-racer has been conditioned by years of exaggerated "deadly" car handling developers put in to compensate for the lack of "realism." It would be stupid if real cars (let alone the GT or other purpose-built race cars) kill you just because you stepped on the throttle when your wheel is 2° off-center and I doubt you'd see anyone finishing in a 24 hour endurance race.
faz

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal