This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Phil.8
Kunos silence on confirming triple monitor support but been happy to confirm VR support is a worry and even if they do end up including triple support will need a super computer to run it by the seems of things.
Has anyone come across any news saying the game will support triples that I am missing ?
« on: September 20, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Well done again Davo, new championship leader and race winner
R6 - Kičevo
More Info with links to cars and track downloads
"Don't let the tough Thursday lads intimidate you!"
I think it's only 1080p
I am happy with 1080 with higher refresh rate
been thinking of getting one curved monitor to replace my triples but not sure if it will give the same effect or if you can even get them big enough to be comparable , or maybe 3 curved like this https://www.pccasegear.com/products/43413/aoc-c24g1-23-6in-curved-full-hd-144hz-freesync-va-gaming-monitor
anyone have any opinion on this ?
They look like a decent upgrade over current ones for sure, but for me until its like wearing a pair of sunglasses I am not going to wear something that big on my head for hours on end. I tried the rift in a shop in town and found triple monitors was more normal to a real life view of looking out a car window
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:33:43 PM »
I don't mind what everyone drives, I just need to know what with heaps of time as I don't have a lot of spar time to spend on the computer to do stuff, but one car for everyone is easy and quick for me to change
I will get it at some point for a quick look, but this news
"The .pak file is encrypted, so without some cryptography or the encryption key, there won’t be any modding."
I have been looking to see if any official info is it locked just for early access or not otherwise it sorta makes it not worth bothering about to much
Regarding comments on tire noise in sims. He is totally correct of course regarding real life. However in real life you FEEL what is happening through the car. In a sim you only have 3 senses - steering wheel, sound, visual. So tire sound is there to tell you what is happening with the tires since you cannot feel it in a sim.
I thought that was the reason also
Interesting feedback from christopher zoechling(professional race driver, having raced in Blancpain Endurace in the Lambo GT3, Porsche Carrera + Super Cup, 24h Daytona, 24h Nuerburgring, 24h Spa)
impressions starts at 22 min - 3hours: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/309482853
Try and watch 20mins worth at least, very interesting to hear his thoughts, he might be an iracing fanboy bit still interesting
-Track elevation is good, details "bits and bumps" are missing compared to iracing
- curbs are off compared to real life, to flat
- handling ok, not blown away
- sound 8/10
- Tire skid sound is way to loud/unrealistic, you dont hear tire sounds insight the car at all (only in road cars)
- graphics: iracing looks more realistic gets colours better, to saturated
- reflection in the window is to much
- "75% bake bias???" changes it to 64% ("feels way better...")
- starts comparing laptimes to real life (1:54) and iracing (1:50 "jesus christ")
- why does every sim drive so difficult, "its not as difficult as sim devs make it out to be"
- "There is no light here in real life, no Assetto Corsa no! Watch the nurburgring 24h race stop adding light when there is no light, if you want to make a sim give us a sim and do your research"
- "2. half of the track, no light good job!"
- points out various FPS issues day/night/ replay mode
- Points out a curb that you can take in real life without spinning, "AC the way you handle curbs is a litte mhh, there is a bump there in real life but not that bad"
- game is 6.5/10 at the moment for him
- he will fire up AC/iracing the next time and compare it
normal rain: starts to run the real life wet lines and runs the dry lines afterwards in comparison
- "no grip why is there no grip" "touching the white line or curb should kill you, nothing happens here"
conclusion: wet line is slower, dry line is a lot faster (3.2 sec faster) "its fun im enjoying myself but its unrealistic"
- FFB feels good, nothing amazing
- AI has a good pace (100/100 skill/aggro), starts a overtaking challenge by starting from behind "oh i like the ai" (ai defending) "oh im really enjoying this btw"
- "This is growing on me, earlier i wanted to quit and now im driving again, it definitely got something im enjoying this"
- Schumacher S has a model error, there is no bump touching the gravel with 2 wheels kills you
final rating 6.5/10, iracing is the benchmark 9/10