Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Server

Author Topic: Thursday Server  (Read 7563 times)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Server
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2018, 02:59:31 PM »
RDP is remembering the credentials OK, because you can connect to the box OK. It's the server itself that is then asking for the Administrator password again. It's Windows Server 2016. Maybe there was a Windows Server update rolled out. I checked the group policy on the server, and that has disabled the need to enter a password when you remote in.

But then again, when I log in with the other tool, it doesn't ask for an additional password, so maybe Win 10 updated the RDP client and broke it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 03:02:33 PM »
Local Computer Policy ➞ Computer Configuration ➞ Administrative Templates ➞ Windows Components ➞ Remote Desktop Services ➞ Remote Desktop Connection Client

I cant even find those settings :)  I am beyond help lol :D
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing

youtube.com/watch?v=-whsZmemNcw

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »
so maybe Win 10 updated the RDP client and broke it.
;D ;D ;D :P :P

8)

Online GzeroD

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1 Seanus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
Nope. I'm still using 7.

Remote Desktop Connection Manager can't open .rdp files so I haven't used that yet.
'We’re far from having too much horsepower…my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.'
― Mark Donohue
'Okay, here's 100 litres of fuel; you build whatever you want.'
― Adrian Newey

Online rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »
Local Computer Policy ➞ Computer Configuration ➞ Administrative Templates ➞ Windows Components ➞ Remote Desktop Services ➞ Remote Desktop Connection Client

I know where you are coming from Phil, I broke into a cold sweat just reading the response from Bird, let alone trying to implement it :o :o
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2018, 07:28:23 PM »

I know where you are coming from Phil, I broke into a cold sweat just reading the response from Bird, let alone trying to implement it :o :o
If it's RDP then don't try to implement it.  It's only describing what to do with web (or rather apache) based access.