Xtreme Gaming Network

XGN.com.au Marty's Aussie Pub server's and MR auth filtering tests.

Author Topic: XGN.com.au Marty's Aussie Pub server's and MR auth filtering tests.  (Read 448 times)

Online marty

• View Profile
Hey Guys, I will be running some alternative minorating auth tests on all the Marty's servers going away from the local auth cache that can have considerable delay to allowing people changing grades. The main reason for the local cache is in the original minorating system getting live data from the euro servers was causing join lags as people entered the server. This is the point where you see a name pop up on the top of screen as joining and if there is a join lag you will notice all other cars in the server warp.

Minolin has been working on updating the minorating system and also with some help from Stefano of Kunos he has a new approach I am trying as of tomorrow on those servers. Currently there is no way of also allowing the XGN whitelist on this auth method so the XGN Tuesday and Thursday servers will still run the local auth cache to allow this and should not have any changes in how they are running currently.

Along with this also any XGN members unable to get into the Tuesday or Thursday practice servers let Wally, Phil or me know and we can add you to the whitelist which will continue on. This is the best way to also allow good standard public drivers in amongst the xgn members without being a hazard to everyone on track.

If anyone notices any join lags on any of the Marty's servers please post which server it was in here so we can see if there also needs to be another Aussie based MR server cache or if the one in the US west coast being tested now is doing the job as needed.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 02:37:58 PM by marty »

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Minorating Auth filtering tests
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 07:42:56 AM »
Thanks Marty.

Offline MG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »
Is there anyway of stopping a person from joining the server after qualifying is finished or warmup on race nights? I noticed last night some guys from overseas where joining the server during the race and it made it a little unstable at the time, small server spikes.

Also, do the AC servers have problems when guys leave it DURING THE RACE? In both GTR and GTR2 we stopped anyone joining the server after qualifying and if they crashed out during the race they had to stay on the server until the race was over to avoid any server spikes!

Does this happen to the AC servers?
MG

"If he does that to me again I will fence him"...Craig Lowndes

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Is there anyway of stopping a person from joining the server after qualifying is finished or warmup on race nights? I noticed last night some guys from overseas where joining the server during the race and it made it a little unstable at the time, small server spikes.

Also, do the AC servers have problems when guys leave it DURING THE RACE? In both GTR and GTR2 we stopped anyone joining the server after qualifying and if they crashed out during the race they had to stay on the server until the race was over to avoid any server spikes!

Does this happen to the AC servers?

You can close sessions but for the practice server I dont bother and just leave it open. I saw no issues at all with the server last night even when an OS guy joined. The Tuesday and Thursday servers are still running the same system they have been for a while and I noticed nothing different in it or any join lags. I have never noticed any issues when anyone joins or leaves a server in an AC server other then when Minorating was running grade auth limits from the Euro database, since using local auth it fixed that issue but added delay in registering grades of those that had changed within the last 15 minutes to an hour sometimes.

The new method of auth is just to make it directly communicate with the MR database and not have the delays in updating all grades, its still unknown if this method will cause any join lags but the developers hope it solves it. This new Auth only effects the servers named Marty's however so the XGN servers should still be unaffected and run as usual including having the whitelist for xgn guys not currently working on the Marty's servers.

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 02:37:22 PM »
Being the Christmas period numbers in mp seem to be down a bit with many busy eating and drinking :)

I did some testing on one of the pub servers yesterday and it seems that this new MR auth method has eliminated the join lag, there were lots of people leaving and rejoining which I dont know if it was connection issues or typical pub server unable to complete a lap issues lol. Nobody made mention of connection issues so I must assume these werent caused by the new server setup.

I have renamed all the pub servers to "XGN.com.au Marty's Aussie Pub server 1-4" as they have been pretty dead recently and this way it may help promote the league a bit more while maybe attract more league guys into the pub servers. Any new league joiners may not get into these pub servers due to minorating limits but if they run a few laps on the XGN whitelist Tuesday or Thursday practice servers they should be able to get a C rating at least within 20km or so in those. To get to A or B you need to run some races with others in a MR server with some close combat but not too much contact.

While I will be away Phil and Wally will also manage the pub servers so they can mix up combos, anyone that has any suggestions of combos and servers settings they would want on one of the pub servers post it in this thread and we can put it up for you.

Online marty

• View Profile
Re: XGN.com.au Marty's Aussie Pub server's and MR auth filtering tests.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »
I just noticed the original auth line given by Minolin wasnt being used by the acserver, this means that the pub servers were allowing everyone in and also the no join lag results mean nothing as it wasnt even using any auth for MR. I have fixed the pub servers and they should now work but will need to see if there is join lag in these.