S22 Car Poll - Open Wheelers

Poll

What car do you want to drive in S22?

Ferrari F2004
12 (48%)
F1 1975 (mod)
13 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: S22 Car Poll - Open Wheelers  (Read 1989 times)

Online killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: S22 Car Poll - Open Wheelers
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Had a pretty short race last night...a slight contact with Simone's rear wheel ended my race.
Sorry Wally, think I jumped the gun a bit by signing up for this season without even having tested the 75's.
These cars and my driving skills aren't a good match...no fun for me...so I better make my spot available for someone else.
Have a great season :-)

Online Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 06:53:55 PM »
Had a pretty short race last night...a slight contact with Simone's rear wheel ended my race.
Sorry Wally, think I jumped the gun a bit by signing up for this season without even having tested the 75's.
These cars and my driving skills aren't a good match...no fun for me...so I better make my spot available for someone else.
Have a great season :-)

Ah come on Killa, just do a few laps practice and you would love it!

Online killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »
Cheers. I've actually done 2 or 3 hours on them already. Again, I'm still a bit of a sim racing noob...and I don't have any real racing experience either.
I'm really impressed by the lap times many of you guys have done. Guess seat time and knowledge about how to set up a car pays off.
So I'm not blaming the cars  :)

Online Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 09:20:34 PM »
No templates came with the mod, but painting should not be that hard without them. CM can always tell you the texture name of any part you want to paint, or maybe CM can show the mapping too.
"CM" ?  . . . content manager?
Can you elaborate on the method here with no template?

Online Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 10:02:08 PM »
Cheers. I've actually done 2 or 3 hours on them already. Again, I'm still a bit of a sim racing noob...and I don't have any real racing experience either.
I'm really impressed by the lap times many of you guys have done. Guess seat time and knowledge about how to set up a car pays off.

For me increasing the rear ARB made the car a lot more stable with better grip out of corners. But yes the car seems very sensitive to setup, more so than many other cars and there are no electronic aids to help. So stealing one of the alien's setup will be a good idea, Bacchulum''s setups are usually good  ;)   

Online GzeroD

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1 Seanus
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 10:46:45 PM »
No templates came with the mod, but painting should not be that hard without them. CM can always tell you the texture name of any part you want to paint, or maybe CM can show the mapping too.
"CM" ?  . . . content manager?
Can you elaborate on the method here with no template?
Not so much for a template, I think you'll just have to go off an existing DDS and hope you can keep track of what maps where.
Content Manger, using custom showroom you can click on parts of the model and see the material names and textures so you can see if there are any textures you can change for helmets or tyres or wing endplates or screens etc.
I've not used it myself but CM will also show the mapping of any texture, but when it comes on how to save this or use it I have not investigated yet.
'We’re far from having too much horsepower…my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.'
― Mark Donohue
'Okay, here's 100 litres of fuel; you build whatever you want.'
― Adrian Newey

Online GzeroD

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1 Seanus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 10:49:09 PM »

For me increasing the rear ARB made the car a lot more stable with better grip out of corners. But yes the car seems very sensitive to setup, more so than many other cars and there are no electronic aids to help. So stealing one of the alien's setup will be a good idea, Bacchulum''s setups are usually good  ;)   

Yeah Killa' I'd take the BT44B, it's one of the quicker cars and you can leverage Bacchulum to guide you to a comfortable setup.  ::)
'We’re far from having too much horsepower…my definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.'
― Mark Donohue
'Okay, here's 100 litres of fuel; you build whatever you want.'
― Adrian Newey