Interesting feedback from christopher zoechling(professional race driver, having raced in Blancpain Endurace in the Lambo GT3, Porsche Carrera + Super Cup, 24h Daytona, 24h Nuerburgring, 24h Spa)
impressions starts at 22 min - 3hours: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/309482853
Try and watch 20mins worth at least, very interesting to hear his thoughts, he might be an iracing fanboy bit still interesting
-Track elevation is good, details "bits and bumps" are missing compared to iracing
- curbs are off compared to real life, to flat
- handling ok, not blown away
- sound 8/10
- Tire skid sound is way to loud/unrealistic, you dont hear tire sounds insight the car at all (only in road cars)
- graphics: iracing looks more realistic gets colours better, to saturated
- reflection in the window is to much
- "75% bake bias???" changes it to 64% ("feels way better...")
- starts comparing laptimes to real life (1:54) and iracing (1:50 "jesus christ")
- why does every sim drive so difficult, "its not as difficult as sim devs make it out to be"
- "There is no light here in real life, no Assetto Corsa no! Watch the nurburgring 24h race stop adding light when there is no light, if you want to make a sim give us a sim and do your research"
- "2. half of the track, no light good job!"
- points out various FPS issues day/night/ replay mode
- Points out a curb that you can take in real life without spinning, "AC the way you handle curbs is a litte mhh, there is a bump there in real life but not that bad"
- game is 6.5/10 at the moment for him
- he will fire up AC/iracing the next time and compare it
normal rain: starts to run the real life wet lines and runs the dry lines afterwards in comparison
- "no grip why is there no grip" "touching the white line or curb should kill you, nothing happens here"
conclusion: wet line is slower, dry line is a lot faster (3.2 sec faster) "its fun im enjoying myself but its unrealistic"
- FFB feels good, nothing amazing
- AI has a good pace (100/100 skill/aggro), starts a overtaking challenge by starting from behind "oh i like the ai" (ai defending) "oh im really enjoying this btw"
- "This is growing on me, earlier i wanted to quit and now im driving again, it definitely got something im enjoying this"
- Schumacher S has a model error, there is no bump touching the gravel with 2 wheels kills you
final rating 6.5/10, iracing is the benchmark 9/10