Xtreme Gaming Network

Is ACC worth getting or not

Author Topic: Is ACC worth getting or not  (Read 1391 times)

Online Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Is it worth getting or not
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 12:38:32 PM »
Its cheap to buy. It sounds and looks better which does contribute to the overall experience.  Its not perfect yet but it's still being developed so that's expected.
You've got nothing to lose,  so buy it!

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »
Actually i would not mind to resub iracing and trying again...i once was a star mazda champion and beat bird

I remember one race I got taken out on the last race of the season, I was royally pissed.  It also cost me the pro licence right there.  :)  Good times. (That wasn't the mazda, though, I think it was v8s - mazda was only C level, no?)
I did resub a while back, but man it felt really weird & floaty.  It is a very different feedback compared to AC.  I dare you to give it a try!

I think I'll give acc a try, too, it can't hurt.    Not this weekend, sadly, we're visiting relatives.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:46:53 PM by Bird »

Online Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

So are you saying that early access games do not have the 14day or 2 hour time limit imposed on them and I can return it the day before full release if still no triple monitor support ?

I am finding it very hard to see the apex as it is now, and its a bit arcadey, very easy to drive, don't need any throttle control, just plant it out of the corners and away you go, I am wondering if atm its built more around console and contollers than PC and wheel, but we are the beta testers for that ? I presume as it matures it might become more of a PC game, but atm it feels console to me
Driving by on my way to somewhere else

youtube.com/watch?v=S3jNwM_q_9s

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Is ACC worth getting or not
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
Phil, I've just realised this is available on Steam as "Early Access".  This means you can buy it and try it (unlimited), then get a refund, no questions asked, while it's in Early Access.  Just try it.
Then refund it.  Then if you did like it, re-purchase it at the next sale.   It's all perfectly within Steam's current policies.

So are you saying that early access games do not have the 14day or 2 hour time limit imposed on them and I can return it the day before full release if still no triple monitor support ?

Well, that was my understanding - it was written on Steam's pages at some point IIRC, I've even used this once or twice.   
The logic was that an early access game hasn't been released yet.  The 2hr/2wk starts at the release date. 

However, I can't find a direct reference now, so it may not work like that now.

Note: You can always try to get a refund even if you went over the 2hr time, I've got 4hr games refunded. (One was recently; I left it running accidentally when I went to have dinner, heh)

Also you can re-purchase a refunded game when a new version is out and try it again.   So you can just try this method.