Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R2: Suzuka 1988

Author Topic: S28R2: Suzuka 1988  (Read 1043 times)

Online ab156

• View Profile
Re: S28R2: Suzuka 1988
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
Made it to T9, was well inside Joe leaving plenty of room, got ploughed into. 

I think I remember this but thought it was Seanus. The car got squirrelly on exit when I put the power down and lost some traction and it moved slightly over to the right. Sorry but had every intention of giving room and there wasn't much I could do; 'ploughed into' doesn't really describe what happened IMO.

Sorry - been away..  Every time I get hit I consider it being ploughed into  :D, you get no mercy!  Not a drama, just lap 1 fun.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 09:57:30 PM »
but making a rule or whatever to say don't go back on the racing line after passing is nonsensical at least in comparison to real world racing.
Except the FIA have a rule of leaving a car width if you go back to the outside, and no changing lines in the braking zone, because even F1 drivers have issues with it. ;)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 10:04:06 PM »
This is Seanus passing Brad. You can see that Brad's car in front is consistently wandering left and right.
The question I ask before handing Brad a penalty is "Could Brad have avoided this?". Brad could have given more racing room as soon as he knew he was passed. Seanus could have not braked so soon after passing Brad. My call is no clear fault, so no penalty.
<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J5JUHmCj60I?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »
I think it's important to remember that at the of the day what we do is really just a game based around a common interest. For me it's something to enjoy in my downtime to relax a bit and take me away from busy real life shit. The level of aggression and attitudes on the forum and voice chat do sometimes really make it a much less enjoyable environment and experience. We're all human and make mistakes, we're doing the best we can, as is Wally who has to manage this large group of people. Sure I want to understand racing and race etiquette and become better at it, so discussion is always good, but let's just be nice about it  8)
This.

By all means, state your position forcefully, but keep the language clean and the tone respectful and constructive, for the benefit of everyone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online GzeroD

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • Gzerod's output
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2019, 10:35:26 PM »

Let's concentrate on the foul language instead of real issue as lord knows we shouldn't want some 5 year old to stumble across the word and have his whole life ruined.

FFS. Now I've seen the footage, my replay got overwritten, it's a lay down misere, bradc receives a penalty for that or my name isn't.

9/10 drivers agree bradc should cop first lap penalty for that. Tell me I'm not wrong.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:24:04 AM by Wally »
'...Some of the wings blew off. Before they could figure out how to get them to stay on, they were banned. ...Newton would have barfed.'
-Milliken, Race car vehicle dynamics

Online Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2019, 11:52:25 PM »
Toys are officially out of the pram . . . 9/10 drivers would agree with that!

Online Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2019, 06:23:14 AM »
Let's concentrate on the foul language instead of real issue as lord knows we shouldn't want some 5 year old to stumble across the word and have his whole life ruined.

FFS. Now I've seen the footage, my replay got overwritten, it's a lay down misere, bradc receives a penalty for that or my name isn't.

9/10 drivers agree bradc should cop first lap penalty for that. Tell me I'm not wrong

Dude, you disagree with how it was judged.  That's going to happen in life. Accept and move on. It happens to everyone at some point.  No need to bring yourself down with that sort of rubbish.  I'm sure you're a decent bloke, so get it together and put one incident, from one race in a game that has no real bearing on life behind you.  It's not worth the agro mate.

I happen to think, based on the video, that Brad should have pulled over to the left more once he had fallen behind you to allow some room, but I get what Wally is saying and you have to respect that Wally is running the league and making the best judgement call he can.  No need to make an already difficult job more difficult for him.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 08:30:17 AM by Wally »

Online killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2019, 06:58:18 AM »
This is Seanus passing Brad. You can see that Brad's car in front is consistently wandering left and right.
The question I ask before handing Brad a penalty is "Could Brad have avoided this?". Brad could have given more racing room as soon as he knew he was passed. Seanus could have not braked so soon after passing Brad. My call is no clear fault, so no penalty.
<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J5JUHmCj60I?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very unlucky for Seanus...poor c...err...fella ;-)...like me...I was run into in r1 and r2 as well (and lost many positions, especially the second one where I was at the edge of the track letting pretty much everyone pass before I was able to re-enter the track savely...that was painful)...I know Freezer suffered from a guy having little control over his car as well ;-)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:03:23 AM by killagorilla »

Online buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2019, 08:08:48 AM »
but making a rule or whatever to say don't go back on the racing line after passing is nonsensical at least in comparison to real world racing.
Except the FIA have a rule of leaving a car width if you go back to the outside, and no changing lines in the braking zone, because even F1 drivers have issues with it. ;)
Oh I didn't know that, fair enough

Online GzeroD

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • Gzerod's output
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:59 AM »
Slept on it.
Not angry anymore as that last post reached escape velocity.
I'll apologise now, lest I've set a crash course for the Sun.
'...Some of the wings blew off. Before they could figure out how to get them to stay on, they were banned. ...Newton would have barfed.'
-Milliken, Race car vehicle dynamics

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »
Slept on it.
Not angry anymore as that last post reached escape velocity.
I'll apologise now, lest I've set a crash course for the Sun.
You might like to reflect on the fact that I have been running this community for years, for free (in fact, at my expense), in my own time and we all here for fun.

The moderation is not about 5 year olds stumbling across the forum. There are other people here in THIS community who don't appreciate the language or tone.

I never said I wasn't going to change my judgement. I put the video up to gauge community thoughts about it, and then I'll see if I was wrong or right about my decision. Later...

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2019, 08:39:23 AM »
Wally, how do you get  into the top-down view?  I didn't seem to have that camera angle.

Online Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2019, 09:45:30 AM »
Wally, how do you get  into the top-down view?  I didn't seem to have that camera angle.
F5, then use your mouse to swing the camera around.

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
F5, then use your mouse to swing the camera around.
Awesome, thanks!

Online Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
You have to enable free camera in one of the settings ini's in the AC folder I believe.