Author Topic: Setups  (Read 9860 times)

Online Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Setups
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »
Hi all.

Thought I'd share some of my setups via Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymjaam3zbhsgekh/AAC4IqrcBa8p4_zUXI7C0BGFa

I've created links to my AC folder so if I make a change down the track the setup in Dropbox should also change.

There's only a few that I wouldn't go back and fine-tune too much.  Most though are just what I've created in the 10 minutes or so of practice/qualifying when the cars and tracks come up in MP.

The Formula Abarth @ Monza is one that works particularly well for me and I spent a bit of time on.

I'm new to setups so I'm sure there are some other changes that could be made (there are a few settings I don't touch) but I hope it helps.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 10:16:58 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Setups
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:28:35 AM »
Thanks GBTW  ;D

Will have a crack with them for sure and report back.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Hmmm, bugger. It doesn't seem to be syncing automatically.  I have to manually click the sync button.  Any tips?

All fixed.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:12:41 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »
Wouldnt mind a setup in the Thurs nite cars especially the old lotus at old Monza my least favourite combo so dont want to have to run too many more laps then I need to.  ;)

Could be way more fun in a race then boring hotlaps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »
Wouldnt mind a setup in the Thurs nite cars especially the old lotus at old Monza my least favourite combo so dont want to have to run too many more laps then I need to.  ;)

Could be way more fun in a race then boring hotlaps

There should be setups for both Thursday night races - "Lotus 49 - Monza 66", and "Ferrari 312T - Monza GP".  Let me know if they aren't there.

I'm a fan of the old Lotus, although I'm not particularly quick with it, but it's fun sliding it around.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »
I'm currently faster in the 312T@monza with default downforce level. Race should be interesting when we see what people use. It's a long way to T1 :)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 08:30:54 AM »
Yeah, I need downforce here too. At first I thought "Monza... drop the wings".

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »
Ok Thanks got all your sets will try a few and post my own here If I find any of mine better for me at least.

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 10:30:46 PM »
I thought this thread is worth a sticky - here's my group A setup for imola.  I did a 59.2 with it at some point...which I can't really replicate now :)

btw it goes into bmw_m3_e30_gra

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Online Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
Not bad bird,i gave it a spin to compare with the one I had already and I an finding it a bit over steering.

...great time though

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:29:12 PM »
Not bad bird,i gave it a spin to compare with the one I had already and I an finding it a bit over steering.

...great time though

I like oversteering, remember ? :)

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 09:06:50 PM »
I will give yours a try Bird, I just spent a bit of time trying just about everything low df high df and each set I can get a high 59 same as the default lol. Seems no matter what I do it balances out over a lap and gets pretty much the same lap time but still anything under 2 min is a pretty solid lap for me.

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Bird's setup just took 1.5 seconds off my PB within 5 laps!  Feels almost perfect for me.  Might fiddle with the brake bias a little but other than that it feels spot-on.  Thanks Bird.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 09:36:06 AM »
With Bird's setup, I could do a 2:01.891. But with Marty's setup, I got to a 2:00.671. I made a few further tweaks to Marty's - just moved the brake bias more rearward as I was locking up too much, to 67, and also lowered the front/rear rollbars to 0/3 to reduce the temp difference left and right. This got me down to 2:00.214, about 1.2 seconds off my PB.