Setups

Author Topic: Setups  (Read 9120 times)

Online Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Setups
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »
Projekt Rennesport have built themselves a solid foundations of two rules,

Rule #1: Never give out to much information.

;D

Honestly, thanks for this thread, with out it we would be in a bit chit, I am going to give all your set ups a run tonight!

Online Bacchulum

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
Ditto Glen :-[, Aleph Null AC setups are crap! :o

Online Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:50 AM »
Time for me too upgrade to Bird's later setup, I knocked out a 2:02.2 last night on earlier version but RSRLIVETIMING was not happy with all my lines :( but still a PB
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 05:23:26 PM by Flattop »

Online Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
Projekt Rennesport have built themselves a solid foundations of two rules,

Rule #1: Never give out to much information

We won't be so friendly next round ;)

Online Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
I'll give Marty's a try.
I just made some tweaks to Bird's setup - adjusted front and rear toe, gearing and springs.  Seems to go over the curbs a little better but easily bogs down at the rear mid-corner if pushing too much.

Very frustrating at the moment.  Hard to put together 3 good sectors, my combined PB is 4 tenths quicker than my actual.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 10:59:58 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »
With Bird's setup, I could do a 2:01.891. But with Marty's setup, I got to a 2:00.671. I made a few further tweaks to Marty's - just moved the brake bias more rearward as I was locking up too much, to 67, and also lowered the front/rear rollbars to 0/3 to reduce the temp difference left and right. This got me down to 2:00.214, about 1.2 seconds off my PB.

Yes brake balance is a bit odd in these cars I could almost go full rear and still lock front in sections. Birds can be quick but a little too loose for me to run a full race on still just need to get a lap together which is the tricky thing and needs a fair bit of patience in this car.

Online Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
An 'Opps' moment. 

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 01:37:09 PM »
Good to see we've multiple setups.  Everyone's style is different.
It seems we share a driving style, Darren and Guybrush.   Your setups suit me well, too! ;)

Online Bacchulum

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »
I'm warming to Wally's but I've only tried it around Nordschleiffe. ;)

Online Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

That's actually quite a nice setup, very stable, very capable, hats off sir.
I think I'll use this for the race - it's much more consistent, and still good for a '59 for me.

But your brake balance was borked; it's 75% front, I'm locking it up every time I touch the pedal. 
Reduced it to 65% and suddenly it drives very well, I can even pull it up for a corner :)

Online marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 03:59:56 PM »
I tried Birds but Im not good enough to drive that consistently  ;D I did borrow your gearing though as that's probably where I was most lost.

I still cant get the braking right and really locks up easily but did 1:58.75 which ran just wide exit of piratella so wasn't RSR legal but did a low 1:59.19 in RSR. Could do sub 58 with this as I was .7 under my best then messed up the last turns, sifts are only optimum on the 3rd lap I find but they do last quite well and this can do low 59's quite easily I think.

I dont know if this car as any rear brake I made changes to this but could still lock fronts at 78 balance but reducing front camber improved this quite a bit but its still pretty tip toey on the brakes as they are at the edge of locking just slightly all the way around for me.

That's actually quite a nice setup, very stable, very capable, hats off sir.
I think I'll use this for the race - it's much more consistent, and still good for a '59 for me.

But your brake balance was borked; it's 75% front, I'm locking it up every time I touch the pedal. 
Reduced it to 65% and suddenly it drives very well, I can even pull it up for a corner :)

Yea I had the brake balance backwards for some reason in that version I uploaded you will need to adjust this and play with pressures a little too, I cant give everything away to the competition but it should be a good base to start with ;)

Online Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
Having the most success with Wally's set, fine tuning that with damper, diff and springs. You can really fine tune in this game.

Online Bacchulum

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
I'd be more inclined to tune with ARB rather than springs (along with the other things).
Although I have softened the fronts to get a better Hz ratio. ;)
But springs are more car governed than track dependent. ;)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 07:03:06 PM »
I'd be more inclined to tune with ARB rather than springs (along with the other things).
Although I have softened the fronts to get a better Hz ratio. ;)
But springs are more car governed than track dependent. ;)

Can you actually see the Hz ratio anywhere?