Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 86671 times)

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »
Just a base set, done at Watkins Glen. ;)

Online Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2019, 04:36:13 PM »
Hi Lloyd here , getting back into sim racing after quite a long hiatus after playing GPL back in the day. Saw the lights on thought i'd pop in say hello and hopefully start racing with you all.  Been playing iracing for the past month or so however it lacking in the comradarie that you can get while playing in a league. So been on the hunt for assetto corsa racers and here i am :) .

Hope to see you on track soon .

Welcome, we spoke on the practice server last night, come along if you like, Thursdays is all about fun, nothing serious,  the faster guys often self handicap, the worst part is the crazy person running it and how he makes it up as he goes along, so the rules could change at anytime without notice,  all in the spirit of fun of course  :P
Driving by on my way to somewhere else

youtube.com/watch?v=S3jNwM_q_9s

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2019, 04:42:00 PM »
Thanks for the welcome .

Bit daunted by the GPL cars , they are so hard to drive after driving the Mazda cups .

I was allocated the Mc Claren  on sign up so will stick with it , seems easier to handle than some of the others.

If anyone has a good base set up for the Mc Claren that they could kindly give me that would be appreciated.
Here's a base setup done on Deutschlandring.
It handles a bit different to the Eagle I'm used to, but the numbers are good, polish to taste. ;)

Online rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
Hi Jarmel, some of have found that the McLaren is not the best of the bunch. If you have time you might find one of the other cars better.

Online Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2019, 10:09:02 AM »
Thank you for the set ups,  i'll give  Bacc's a go tonight , Been using his watkins glenn base set up with adjusted gears, tyres and suspension , I'm down to 3;18 , i reckon a theoretical of about 3;16. The Hair pins are a weak spot and 2 small sections of the track i just can't find the speed of the top runners.

Yeah Mclaren lacks the speed of the Fezza but i'll stick with it and i like the idea of seeing all sorts of cars on the grid , might have to change for Monza that track is all about pure speed.

Offline farrari

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
Hi . I'm Mike aka 'Farrari' .  and no thats not a typo  :)

Ive been racing AC offline for a few months offline and would like to give give your league a go ..  Probably best doing the fun races
until I find my feet ..

Raced GPL online many years ago ..    Still love those cars the best ...

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
Hi . I'm Mike aka 'Farrari' .  and no thats not a typo  :)

Ive been racing AC offline for a few months offline and would like to give give your league a go ..  Probably best doing the fun races
until I find my feet ..

Raced GPL online many years ago ..    Still love those cars the best ...
Hi Mike, sure, come along on a Thursday night about 7:30 Eastern for a fun run. Then you're also welcome to drive one if the GPL 67 cars on Tuesdays too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”