Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 109599 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »
Bacchulum and Matthew added to the list. Rob I will keep you in until the grid is full maybe you may find put the issue. Have you tried reducing your replay file size for the enduro layout yet, this should free up some memory and may be enough to avoid your game crashing.

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2015, 04:11:41 PM »
Count me in! This should be fun im liking the 458 gt2 but havnt decided yet

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2015, 05:47:58 PM »
Ok added you in Jeremey, car selections dont need to be locked in til 4pm race day, after that point people either get what they have already asked for or random car if I haven't been given a selection as that's about when I will start the server up.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2015, 06:33:09 PM »
Are we having a bit of a practice crash tonight?

Marty was good at talking me around Nords last night. sure, he wasn't talking about the track.. but still..

So I think on race night we all stick together, while Marty talks us around for 9 and 1/2 laps then we race to line. Sound good??

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
Ive just reset the servers had a little run with bird, I will jump on for a few practice crashes.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2015, 06:58:22 PM »
Will be on in half an hour.  Just gonna finish watching the Lego movie and eating some pumpkin - feta pizza.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »
Will be on in half an hour.  Just gonna finish watching the Lego movie and eating some pumpkin - feta pizza.  I'll let you know how that goes.

sure beats eating a lego pizza and watching the pumpkin movie.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »
Did a few laps last night with a few lads. and 7 laps of a 10 lap race.

It isn't as hard to learn as you think. I started making steady progress once I stopped looking at the map altogether, it only confuses you into thinking corners are coming up, which are really 'miles' away.

Admittedly I'm well off the pace doing mid 10s (McLaren GT3) and wrecking my car every 3 laps, resulting in 40+ second pit stops. But the big guys where wrecking as well. I'm not sure how many pit stops Marty and Stan took, but it was at least 2??? I took at least 3 and did 2 laps with a bent left strut, no wings and smashed windscreen. If you can stay out there with a wrecked car longer than your competitors you may have a good chance... or go mad.
 Threepwood took the latter option and made excuses about having to watch some sewing program on TV, or something.

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »
But the big guys where wrecking as well.

How dare you criticise Mary-Ann's battle with obesity.  He actually looks in pretty good shape for a 16 year old girl.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
Woohoo, at least I've been able to do a few laps off-line without AC locking up. Not sure if it is random or fixed. I deleted the "fast_lane.ai" file from the Endurance Track folder.  I'll try and do a few on-line laps before Tuesday if I get a chance.

Super pleased.

rob

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »

Woohoo, at least I've been able to do a few laps off-line without AC locking up. Not sure if it is random or fixed. I deleted the "fast_lane.ai" file from the Endurance Track folder.  I'll try and do a few on-line laps before Tuesday if I get a chance.

Super pleased.

rob
Perhaps turning the replay buffer down to zero megabytes could also help?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
Good news Rob, hope it gets sorted for you and if you can load onto my server you should be fine on the nite as it will likely have less car types to load as it doesnt look like they will all be used which should ise a little less system and gpu memory.

The practice run was interesting last nite and Guybrush completed his first lap, still not valid but its a start. That sewing program must be fun to give up crashing at nords to watch it instead.

I was impressed with Dicks effort he called me a Nazi for making him do more then 3 laps at Mugello and he did 7 at Nords Endurance. A real fun track once you get the hang of it, my concentration levels were struggling and the plan was to do 10 laps without an error but 3 silly mistakes caused damage which I decided to just fix rather then drive with a damaged car in a practice run. On the nite you may want to stay out but need to also be aware that aero damage will need a fair but more fuel per lap.

Cool thing about Ptracker with Stracker servers is it gives number of pitstops and time spent in pits. Here is that practice race.

http://52.64.54.57:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=1159#

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »
But the big guys where wrecking as well.

How dare you criticise Mary-Ann's battle with obesity.  He actually looks in pretty good shape for a 16 year old girl.

Even though you got the snip on your last trip you are still a boy, you can put the word lady infront of boy but you cant take the boy out of ladyboy  :D.

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »
You can take the boy out of Marty, but you can't take Marty out of the boy.

It wasn't a sewing program I had to watch, it was Antiques Roadshow.  We all have our vices. 

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2015, 03:56:13 PM »

Cool thing about Ptracker with Stracker servers is it gives number of pitstops and time spent in pits. Here is that practice race.

http://52.64.54.57:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=1159#

Wait.. I did a 9:48.070 Valid lap. Stoked! That was with a damaged car. Spent a total of 5 minutes in the pits though.
Those 40+ second pit stops give you plenty of time to get out of the seat and stretch you legs.

Might jump on and try a few other cars. Very happy with the Mclaren though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal