Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R2: Magione race chat

Author Topic: S11R2: Magione race chat  (Read 12944 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S11R2: Magione race chat
« on: April 05, 2016, 11:32:57 PM »
3 x 13 laps, at the OSRW extra pit box version of the track [DOWNLOAD]

Start order of race 1:

Gratulin
Wally
JamieP
slideways
Rolz
Doobs
Rob
Chap111
AJ
Bafs17
Dave O
hylas
Mael
Bacchulum
Freezer
StanDaam
Ben
Bird
Grat
Jeremy
Matthew111
Phil.8
Marty
Guybrush Threepwood
Flattop
Vipergod

Penalties
JamieP 75 kg in race 3
Doobs 75kg in race 3

18, mid clear
19, mid clear
18, mid clear
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:47:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S11R2: Magione race chat
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 06:43:45 PM »
Ive put up the pracy server for this round, weather is the same as last week atm seeing Wally had no mention of the settings for the next round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 07:03:46 PM »
So far the long range forecast is around the 17 degrees and cloudy mark.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
Marty and I did some MR-risky testing of the new collisions. Marty rear-ended me a few times at corner entry at slow-ish speed corners (t2 and t3 of Magione). It was shaky, it was annoying, but I could keep it in and keep going. Then we tried a high-speed side-by-side collision entering t6 (the one after the long straight). We both spun, but did not go crazy off the path. Just spun and on the grass.

It seems very reasonable to me. Marty suspects it might even be too smooth, but I think with these cars, at those speeds, and with drivers that were expecting the bump, it did what one would expect.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »
Marty and I did some MR-risky testing of the new collisions. Marty rear-ended me a few times at corner entry at slow-ish speed corners (t2 and t3 of Magione). It was shaky, it was annoying, but I could keep it in and keep going. Then we tried a high-speed side-by-side collision entering t6 (the one after the long straight). We both spun, but did not go crazy off the path. Just spun and on the grass.

It seems very reasonable to me. Marty suspects it might even be too smooth, but I think with these cars, at those speeds, and with drivers that were expecting the bump, it did what one would expect.

I never really had issues with the lower speed collisions though, that bump we had seemed a bit odd as I didnt spin just understeered off the road when you hit me from the inside on my right rear quarter panel. That is unless you got me a bit further up it would make more sense but the main issue has been when cars are coming across track or already spinning ahead.

Remember back in the early builds when this sort of stuff used to keep happening.

Having a look at the race 3 pile up I didn't notice anything as bad as that, with 3x reverse grid racing I'm sure we will give the collisions a good beta test each round anyway. Not that it looked like anyone was doing blatantly stupid things but close racing with a reverse grid is bound to have a bit of rubbing. The good thing about these cars is even though my car was pretty much battered race 3 it had maybe only lost .5 in lap speed. So your race isn't necessarily over after getting caught in a crash but it will make it harder and whoever can keep a straight car will get a reasonable advantage.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »
Marty: That was the mega-warping age. When Jeremy would fly over most of us for like 10 seconds. We are talking about normal collisions now ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:57 PM »
This track is as flat as a pancake. No cambers to take into account. I do like cambered tracks especially on camber :) but  will be interesting with all the corners with a group of us on there. See u guys online

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 02:26:15 PM »
This track is as flat as a pancake. No cambers to take into account. I do like cambered tracks especially on camber :) but  will be interesting with all the corners with a group of us on there. See u guys online
A lot of the corners are quite slow, so we'll have to watch for concertina compressions of the field.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 04:41:33 PM »
A lot of the corners are quite slow, so we'll have to watch for concertina compressions of the field.

Passing nowhere near as easy as at Barbagallo here, people will just need to be quite aware of those around them as many of the early corners can easily be driven side by side but still doesnt mean its easy to pass the guy ahead as they just need to take the inside line and not much the guy behind can do about it. Probably the main passing location will be into t1 and also the fast right hander at the end of the back straight. Thats one corner where if entering side by side both cars will need to slow quite a bit more then usual to avoid contact.

I think I would be surprised if from the back we can make it into the top 10 in a single race but the way the format is then this will mean if you make 10 spots first race you only need to make 10 more in race 2. If people ahead do have accidents though thats the easiest way for the guys in the back to make up spots assuming they arent involved in the carnage.

Im looking forward to this race especially as its the first time we are running anything here I think on a Tuesday nite.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 05:25:22 PM »
It'd be more fun in a kart. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 05:32:14 PM »
It'd be more fun in a kart. :-X
This car is almost that :D

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »

Passing nowhere near as easy as at Barbagallo here, people will just need to be quite aware of those around them as many of the early corners can easily be driven side by side but still doesnt mean its easy to pass the guy ahead as they just need to take the inside line and not much the guy behind can do about it. Probably the main passing location will be into t1 and also the fast right hander at the end of the back straight. Thats one corner where if entering side by side both cars will need to slow quite a bit more then usual to avoid contact.

I think I would be surprised if from the back we can make it into the top 10 in a single race but the way the format is then this will mean if you make 10 spots first race you only need to make 10 more in race 2. If people ahead do have accidents though thats the easiest way for the guys in the back to make up spots assuming they arent involved in the carnage.

Im looking forward to this race especially as its the first time we are running anything here I think on a Tuesday nite.

Found the biggest problem at Magione is a lot of turns are blind for the drivers with single screens.  :(

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »
Sorry might by out tonight as mother due to be discharged from hospital today and will make sure she is all good. My prediction is xgn Phil for a race win. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
wooot :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal