Xtreme Gaming Network

POLL: What to drive in Season 12

Poll

Which options do you prefer for season 12?

Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
8 (28.6%)
Multiclass: Merc C9/Mazda 787B and Merc 190E/BMW M3 Gr.A
6 (21.4%)
Ford GT40
4 (14.3%)
Japanese Pack: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 Cup
10 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: POLL: What to drive in Season 12  (Read 15800 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
POLL: What to drive in Season 12
« on: May 20, 2016, 01:01:15 PM »
Vote for as many season 12 options as you'd like to compete in.

Ferrari 312T vs Lotus 72D
2 x 25 min races with 1 compulsory pitstop each (enforced by a fuel multiplier). Open tyre choice (1x).
Qualifying before each race.
Choose a car for the season, with an optional mid-season car swap that costs 6 championship points.

Close in performance, both cars have strengths and weaknesses that might come into play at different tracks.

Multiclass: Merc C9/Mazda 787B and Merc 190E/BMW M3 Gr.A
Class A: Mercedes-Benz C9 1989 LM and Mazda 787B
Class B:Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and BMW M3 E30 Gr. A 92

Separate points and leaderboard for both classes.

A qualifying session (followed by a non-points "fun" race) in the first week in the Merc C9 will put the fastest guys into Class A and the slower guys into Class B. Within each class, you can choose either car, with an optional mid-season car swap that costs 6 championship points.

50 minute race with 2 compulsory pit stops  (enforced by a fuel multiplier). Open tyre choice (1x).

Having two classes of greatly different speed will be interesting. Multiclass racing allows for two champions.

Ford GT40
1 x 15 min sprint, with qualifying. Race 2, 30 mins, full reverse grid from race 1 finish position with 1 compulsory pit stop.

The Ford GT40 is a different kind of car to those we have raced before. Sounds great, and is challenging. Reverse grid race with a CPS should lead to interesting strategy choices.

Japanese Pack: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5
Cars from the Japanese Pack DLC.

Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Toyota Supra MK IV
Nissan 370Z NISMO
Mazda MX5 Cup

3 x full reverse grid sprints (like season 11).
Choose a car for the season, with an optional mid-season car swap that costs 6 championship points.

These cars are much livelier than the Toyota GT86, and are all fairly close in performance yet different in handling. Should give great pack racing, like season 11.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:45:08 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: POLL: What to drive in Season 12
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
...and we'll have a few fun runs to try some of the combos before you have to make up your mind.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 01:48:57 PM »
I don't think any fun runs will change my mind....

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
so the AE86 tuned is not a contender in the jap pack?  (I've not looked into it yet)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »
so the AE86 tuned is not a contender in the jap pack?  (I've not looked into it yet)
It's pretty slow, actually. I chose those 4 cars because they're quite even.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 04:56:58 PM »
Cool, no probs I was just wondering .
Thanks, Wally!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 05:00:32 PM »
Voted for the open wheelers. Only problem is that the high attrition rate due to accidents and tricky handling might mean low driver turnout!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »
From my testing the Supra is quite slow and underpowered vs the others, overall the rx7 is slightly quickest with the gtr and 370 pretty close but much easier to get lap time out of the 370.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 11:06:36 PM »
I was slowest in the Skyline and fastest in the Supra and the RX7 at Imola. I think it should make an interesting mix of cars in different people's hands.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 01:01:08 PM »
Had a big run in the 370 last night, loved it!!!
And the R34 is also heaps of fun  :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 01:03:58 PM »
Racing can be fun in these I ran a few more races last jite in the server. Had some fun battles the r34 is my favourite seeing ive owned a few skylines and the first car in AC ive actually driving in anger on a track so good to get a conparison.

I tried my hardest to get some pace out of the Supra but was 1 second of what I did in the gtr. Still a bit quicker in the rx7 but not too many laps and the 370 my time was only slightly faster then supra but again not many laps. Potential I dont see any more in the supra or gtr but 370 and rx7 I should be able to gain a fair bit more be time.

Here is one of the races so could be some good battles in a series of these.

Also have a trackday server in these at Nords now with fixed server conditions. There even though the game still bugs out with timing on that track with stracker also doing the same. Rx7 in a very good lap I did 7:45.0 Paul did 7:48.5 in 370s I did 7:49 in the gtr, no real laps in the Supra but I drove the rx7 with Paul in the Supra and without him making an error he lost 4 seconds by schwedenkreuz.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
The way the poll's going (neck and neck between open wheelers and Japanese), it looks like fun run #2 after the open wheelers will be the Japanese cars.

If it's a tie, I'll give preference to the open wheelers as we've only just raced the Toyota.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »
If it's a tie, I'll give preference to the open wheelers as we've only just raced the Toyota.
I was hoping that logic would be used.
If only to have something different rather than use up a good thing too soon (the racing in the GT86 was awesome fun ;) ) and the Jap Pack would be too similar, I think.
Let's see if we can race without rubbing. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 02:14:04 PM »
Talking about the GT86: are you watching the GT86 races supporting the V8supercars today (fox sport 5)? Although the cars are a bit different, they look exactly like our races (crashes included) and they interview some of the invited drivers during the race, which is quite fun.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Talking about the GT86: are you watching the GT86 races supporting the V8supercars today (fox sport 5)? Although the cars are a bit different, they look exactly like our races (crashes included) and they interview some of the invited drivers during the race, which is quite fun.
And I was surprised at the size of the field. :o

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal