Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 110130 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »
mucking around with new setups at the 11th hour is my issue  :P

dropped my aero and change my gearing like ur setup Marty has made me faster, but now I have relearn.

I think I'll just take it easy and wait for u and GB to collect each other  ;)

One thing to take note of in many cars you may lose speed shifting to 6th going up the hill towards Klostertal the fast section before the karussel. Some cars you may gain slightly going up to 6th here but most your better off holding 5th even if it hits the limiter for a bit.

I did run my first proper SP hotlap in the SLS here on medium tyres first lap out and buy even with low aero its quite a pleasure to drive, trying to run 80 litres or so on hard tyres its much trickier and I think I will just also need to pace myself a little early to keep the car undamaged for the full race. That is my goal and its just so easy to have a slight lapse of concentration that ends in tears. Will be interesting to see the race pace and who can hang on to it for the full stint as avoiding damage can save 10 to 20 seconds per lap which giving up a few seconds each lap may be the best strategy. Its just hard to do when people are pushing you along either behind or ahead.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2015, 11:15:17 PM »
RJM sent me a PM asking about the server being up (I cant reply to your as your inbox is full) it is atm named XGN Nords Enduro practice server, around 5 or 6pm it will be Called XGN Nords Enduro Race nite. The server is a prebooked server so check you lobby filters to make sure you can find it, also on the nite jump on teamspeak if your having trouble and someone will help you out.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2015, 08:00:16 AM »
Didn't have time to practice much last night. Managed to practice my reverse grid though.
destroyed Guybrush's car so it was successful.
Those Nissans blow up so easy

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2015, 08:04:34 AM »
Didn't have time to practice much last night. Managed to practice my reverse grid though.
destroyed Guybrush's car so it was successful.
Those Nissans blow up so easy

Interesting strategy but it will only work if you qualify ahead of him, that may be a little trickier.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2015, 09:06:05 AM »
You don't know how long he is prepared to drive in reverse for Marty.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
Gent things look crap here on the central coast. No electricity since night, multiple trees down, and no-one in sight fixing anything. It is unlikely that I'll be able to make it. The wind is still howling at 100km/hr...

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2015, 10:41:09 AM »
Gent things look crap here on the central coast. No electricity since night, multiple trees down, and no-one in sight fixing anything. It is unlikely that I'll be able to make it. The wind is still howling at 100km/hr...

Sounds like you're typical day over there Bird. you'll be fine

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
Bummer bird you know what they say about those parts of Australia, beautiful one day homeless the next or something along those lines I think.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »
Hope you manage to get the power back on by tonight Bird. It was bad enough on the northern beaches Sydney (was like driving through a war zone this morning with fallen trees everywhere, hanging over power lines  :() and you guys got it worse than we did.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2015, 12:34:05 PM »
yeow! i have been reading local CA, USA papers here, but of course there is no 'world news' outside "The World U.S.A.)
hope you only loose electricity for a while... and of course the all important, it comes back on in time to play... off to read 'real news' online.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »
As I said; unlikely. According to radio news they only able to address life threatening situations as of yet. A bit of drive around revealed a lot of damage. A lot of trees and fences are down. Nothing major in our vicinity apart from a half-fallen tree hanging on a powerline in the next street. But the electricity is out for kilometers every way. And the wind is still strong.  NSW is not prepared for this I guess.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 02:16:39 PM »
As I said; unlikely. According to radio news they only able to address life threatening situations as of yet. A bit of drive around revealed a lot of damage. A lot of trees and fences are down. Nothing major in our vicinity apart from a half-fallen tree hanging on a powerline in the next street. But the electricity is out for kilometers every way. And the wind is still strong.  NSW is not prepared for this I guess.

Looks like total deviation. Approximately  $50 damage has been the estimate....

Seriously. Looks like you're going to cop more. 3 dead. Not very good over there at all.
You all stay safe and try and keep dry!

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 02:51:56 PM »
Cheers Dick!!  :)
We do do some funny things at times... We lop off all the branches anywhere near the power-lines and make these crazy ass looking lop-sided trees. Then a storm comes along and the tree structures have been compromised and so more trees get blown down... There's got to be a better way...  :o

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »
Cheers Dick!!  :)
We do do some funny things at times... We lop off all the branches anywhere near the power-lines and make these crazy ass looking lop-sided trees. Then a storm comes along and the tree structures have been compromised and so more trees get blown down... There's got to be a better way...  :o

Looking at photos in the news. It would seem you all like to park under trees. Trees that have all blown over onto cars.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
Well, I'll be damned, they've restored the juice.  I bet the tree is still across the powerlines in the next street (I'll check if the rain lets up a little) but there's power at the moment!

There's light at the end of the tunnel after all! (electric light, otherwise it's as dark as) :)

Edit: oh, btw, there's one foolproof solution to secure cables against falling trees:  put the lines underground. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:37:20 PM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal