Xtreme Gaming Network

S46R8 - Portland International Raceway

Author Topic: S46R8 - Portland International Raceway  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S46R8 - Portland International Raceway
« on: May 16, 2023, 11:00:31 PM »
Brad won the round with pole, two race wins and two fastest race laps, stretching his points lead to win the championship by 13 points in a close fought battle with Joe.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   55
Joe   47
Wally   42
Freezer   40
Rob   33
Mael   0

Season Standings
1. bradc, 364
2. Joe, 351
3. Wally, 283

The final round of the season is in Portland, Oregon. Brad leads the championship by only 5 points from Joe - can he hang on to take the championship?

Track Download

Races are 14 laps.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:28:19 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S46R8 - Portland International Raceway
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 09:11:13 PM »
Good luck for the last race of the season. Don't let Joe win!

Got 6 stages left of https://chasingtour.com then I'll be back  :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 10:46:34 AM »
Don't let Joe win!

Love you too buddy

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 11:43:11 AM »
Joe's serious about having a crack at the championship... 29 laps on the practice server and 0.4 seconds faster than Brad.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 01:15:51 PM »
Joe's serious about having a crack at the championship... 29 laps on the practice server and 0.4 seconds faster than Brad.

Haha serious is a bit of an overstatement but I have tried to do a little practice before race night for this season and it does make a difference! Brad's been way too consistent this season I think it's pretty unlikely I'll take it tonight as I'll need 3 wins assuming he comes 2nd for each.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 10:29:04 PM »
Congratulations to season 46 champion Brad, who won the round and ended up 13 points ahead of Joe in the standings.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 09:04:59 AM »
Well done Brad. Great close racing all season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 10:03:54 AM »
Best average finish: Joe (2.0)
Most wins: Brad (12)
Most podiums: Joe (22)
Most poles: Brad (5)
Most fastest laps: Brad
Most consistent: Joe
Hunter: Joe
Hunted: Brad
Busiest: Wally
Loneliest: Rob

Pretty much the Brad and Joe show.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:58:56 AM by Wally »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 01:12:43 PM »
Best average finish, most podiums and still didn't win! Brad snagged a lot of the poles and fastest lap points.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 07:10:09 PM »
Wow, what a night! I can't think of a series that was so close until the finish like this one. I'd not raced at Portland for well over a decade and I've got to say it's still one of my favourite tracks. It looks so easy with so few corners, but they are extreamly technical to connect together to get a quick laptime.

That qualifying session was mega! When Jo set his 1m22.559 I thought there was nothing I could do as it was quicked than I'd done all practice. Then as I was on my 4th lap of a run I came out of the chicane with a green delta and I wondered that if I kept pushing I might be a chance. That delta was sitting around the 22:6 mark and when I managed to get through back switchback quickly and get turned in for the final corner early I knew it would be a close 2nd....so even I was shocked when my dash said 1m22:550! I won't lie, seeing that number made me extreamly excited!

Race 1 was another massive battle with Jo. I got ahead with a good start and then Jo came back as the laps ticked over setting the fastest lap as he quickly approached. Jo used the tow to his advantage as we crossed the finishline and he was able to put on a terriffic pass at the chicane for the lead. At that moment my heart sank and began questioning if it would be like last week, where Jo just drove away at unbeatable pace or if I could go with him.... Luckily for me it was the latter and like Jo had done earlier I was able use the assistance of the tow to steel back the fastest lap and after a few more laps of close combat I was eventually able to get off turn 7 onto the back dogleg straight much better and put a pass on before the end of it and hope to hold a gap to the finishline.

For me, this race summed up our season in these cars. Bloody hard and fair where either of us would be the worthy winner. I have no idea where my turn of speed come from, other than I love difficult cars which don't have a lot of aero.....In race 3, I made a mistake and went off at the last corner but luckly had enough laps to push hard and get back to second. I would have loved that race to have gone for another 5 laps becasuse I simply didn't have enough laps to get to Jo but saw some epic laptimes as I tried as hard as I could attempting to catch up! Reality is, knowing how hard I was pushing I don't think my tyres would have lasted much longer anyway  8)

Best average finish, most podiums and still didn't win! Brad snagged a lot of the poles and fastest lap points.

I felt like over the last couple of rounds that you were getting the bulk of those bonus points and I was starting to wonder if we needed a bigger points gap between 1st and 2nd to keep you from snaring the championship.... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal