Xtreme Gaming Network

S46R3 - COTA

Author Topic: S46R3 - COTA  (Read 4548 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S46R3 - COTA
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:38:13 PM »
Joe won the round with good, consistent finishes - a win and two 2nds. With Brad making a few mistakes here, Joe moves up into the championship lead.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
Joe   50
Mael   47
bradc   42
Wally   42
Jarmel   35
Seanus   31
Freezer   0
Rob   0
Bacchulum   0

Season Standings
1. Joe, 100
2. bradc, 98
3. Wally, 82

Track: Circuit of the Americas [download].

Races are 8 laps.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 10:40:01 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S46R3 - COTA
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 12:04:15 PM »
See next track... burst out in tears  :-[

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2023, 10:19:04 PM »
This is a great track!!!   Wish I was here for this one :(

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 12:44:44 PM »

It's not an easy one that's for sure  ;) Far too easy to make mistakes in that Maggots, Beckets, Chapel section and then the Istanbull turn 9 in the wrong direction is just as difficult.....least alone factoring in worn tyres, not spinning is going to yeild far better results than outright lap times this week.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 12:52:29 PM »

It's not an easy one that's for sure  ;) Far too easy to make mistakes in that Maggots, Beckets, Chapel section and then the Istanbull turn 9 in the wrong direction is just as difficult.....least alone factoring in worn tyres, not spinning is going to yeild far better results than outright lap times this week.

I don't get how freezer was so fast after just a couple of laps.. I couldn't get close. I'm using one of Bacc's setups from a few races ago so I'd like the blame the setup but I think it's just I'm getting slower  :o

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 01:41:45 PM »

I don't get how freezer was so fast after just a couple of laps.. I couldn't get close. I'm using one of Bacc's setups from a few races ago so I'd like the blame the setup but I think it's just I'm getting slower  :o

Looks like your past your best Joe! 😁😁

The snake after T1 require speed in some parts, but lifting in others to get the flow right.  Equally the last triple right hander is similar.  Watch the F1 guys do it.
I really like this track so that's a part of it to.
Wish I was going to be there 😭

P.s. I'm sure I had more speed to find with a few more laps. 😁😁😁
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:44:02 PM by Freezer »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 02:15:41 PM »

His times had me scratching my head too, they were mighty impressive! It took me about 10 laps before I could event enter the 22’s and I think the bulk of my times was lost in the snake from turn 1 to the back straight. Once I worked out the rhythm of that sector I found the time, but tyre deg over a full tank run is massive

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 06:55:00 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 10:40:22 PM »
Results are up - Joe won the round.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2023, 07:11:17 AM »
Sorry for the no show guys, I had a migraine, which meant I couldn't concentrate and was over 5 second off the pace. A danger to all.

See you next week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2023, 07:27:31 AM »
Sorry for the no show guys, I had a migraine, which meant I couldn't concentrate and was over 5 second off the pace. A danger to all.

See you next week.
I hope you're feeling better Rob. The racing was surprisingly close, given its a long lap. We had 3 different winners.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 08:33:04 AM »
As Wally said, I made a lot of mistakes last night. I had a cracker of a race with Joe in race 1 but after that it was a bit of a case of far too furious and simply not fast enough. In both race 2 and 3 I had some silly spins which in the moment came from out of the blue and were not expected and my results reflect this. I took a punt on a shorter diff ratio for the final race which allowed me to get an awesome start, but meant I was far too high in the rev range in a couple of the slower speed corners which resulted in more spins.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 09:42:37 AM »
I had quite good races. What I did was reduce the negative front toe (to something close to 0 degrees from memory), and it gave me a lot more braking stability.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2023, 02:42:05 PM »
Well, that's 2 Tuesday's in a row I've woken up in my recliner at about 10pm with an oven full of burnt food.
I think it's best I take a sabbatical until I can get my energy back, or at least stay awake after 7pm. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2023, 03:06:24 PM »
Well, that's 2 Tuesday's in a row I've woken up in my recliner at about 10pm with an oven full of burnt food.
I think it's best I take a sabbatical until I can get my energy back, or at least stay awake after 7pm. :(
Get better soon Bacchulum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal