Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R5: Mugello post-race chat

Author Topic: S8R5: Mugello post-race chat  (Read 14464 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S8R5: Mugello post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »
Thanks. I owed it to you ;)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 01:22:58 PM »
Does the track grip or something changes through the racing nights,i feel i am not in charge!!  hahaaa

Each session starts with the same grip, and slowly rubbers up, but tonight, every session started from 95% so wouldn't have felt that remarkably different. The weather stays the same throughout prac/qual/race (although it could be different for the next race).

Who knows, maybe you grained your front tyres with a lockup? Many variables come into play, and adaptability is the name of the game.

Fanculo tutti !!!!!!    At SPA will be war!!!!!!    :-*

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »
lol Simone ;D
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 04:42:14 PM »
There's only one word to describe my night, slow.
Slow in praccy, slow in qually and slow in both races.
I 100% blame our engine supplier! >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »

All up a pretty quiet race as I was mostly on my own but was happy with the improved consistency and speed.
Maybe he didn't look in his mirrors but at times I got pretty close to him but never enough to get past,
Let me rephrase that..... I was mainly referring to doing consistent laps and no passing.  Yes you were right behind.  I seemed to have the legs down the straights and you would catch in the bends.  I ran hard's for the first stint and then mediums after pitting hence the quicker speed.  But the then mis calculation buggered it all up....
Looking forward to Spa..

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
Very few race reports and videos this time around... maybe we should consider a ballast-reduction for good media coverage in order to incentivize more reports :)

For those of you interested in the realism of the model: good media coverage brings sponsors, which gets you money for small extras in the car---simulated though a ballast reduction of a few kg. Max coverage (good report+videos+gossip in a single week) could bring about 8kg of ballast reduction, while average coverage (a good report, but nothing more) only brings 4kg of ballast reduction.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 10:07:46 AM »

All up a pretty quiet race as I was mostly on my own but was happy with the improved consistency and speed.
Maybe he didn't look in his mirrors but at times I got pretty close to him but never enough to get past,
Let me rephrase that..... I was mainly referring to doing consistent laps and no passing.  Yes you were right behind.  I seemed to have the legs down the straights and you would catch in the bends.  I ran hard's for the first stint and then mediums after pitting hence the quicker speed.  But the then mis calculation buggered it all up....
Looking forward to Spa..

I was happy just to be able to keep up with you and stay consistent. I'm not usually that far up the field!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
Almost forgot lol

Car wasnt too bad tried a very edgy experimental set for race 1, wasnt bad over 1 lap but got a bit difficult in the race especially as the tyres died. Nearly got wiped out at the start with jeremys all new start procedure that as a team we have decided it wasnt effective so wont use it in future :P Still ended up p2 with grat behind me, and for the first few laps i could manage him behind me easily but then as the raced progressed and my tyres started to fade grat started to get pretty close to me particularly in the high speed turns where my lack of aero really started hurting lol and obviously grat had a fair bit more so he could really start attacking under brakes, so i had to watch my mirrors closely and tried parking the car on the apex a few times to hold him up a bit and stop his corner exit runs. He managed to duck his nose up my inside at the last turn with a slight rub  in the middle but rubbings racing was nothing and i wasnt to fussed as i knew i could get him back down the straight which i did and from there it was all defence defence defence lol until a close last lap where grat had his last go on me trying to go around the outside in the last few turns but i managed to hold him off but another lap and i probs would of been screwed lol, was good race glad grat enjoyed it.

race2: Used the old car for this race with a few changes lol was a lot easier to drive so i was more comfortable this time around managing the pace in 2nd with gb running away lol, after a few laps i had a pacey jeremy on my tail so i had to fend him off a bit but still felt fairly good with a tad to much understeer. The guys behind me started battling out which helped me pull away a bit until i came into the pits non realising the pit lane had a kink on entry so i went flying in all locked up into the wall damaging the car and costing me time bringing me back into the jeremy wally pack, pushed like crazy but with the damage it was hard to get away from them and then i started lagging which sucked and sorry to wally about that probably cost him a bit so i had to yell at my sister to stop streaming lol and then it was all good and i managed to defend from the angry battle pack behind me which was cool to watch and got me another 2nd :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 01:39:05 PM »
Sorry, been busy with work so haven't had a chance to do the report whilst getting paid for it ;)

Race 1 was interesting.  I started from pole with Mediums as I thought the softs just went a little too far off at the end of the stint.  Matthew and Jeremy behind we opted for softs and it was fairly close for the first few laps, and possibly could have been closer if Matthew didn't have to defend his position.  After that though I think the performance cross-over occurred between the two tyres and I was able to slowly pull a bit of a gap.

Race 2 I got a pretty good start and managed to keep pulling away.  Had a good pitstop, although like Matthew I almost came a cropper coming into the pits but luckily I slowed down a fair bit before the tyres locked.  Was heading towards the wall and then at the last minute the front gripped and took me out of danger.  From then I took it to the flag and enjoyed watching some of the other battles going on back in the field.

Overall I was quite happy with my lap consistency, so that was nice.  Because of the warmer weather the GX tyres didn't grain up as much so the performance between the GX and the GTC was more equitable, although I believe in regular conditions the GX is the quicker car around Mugello.

It would be good if Kunos implemented a pit lane speed limit that could be breached and penalties applied, and there were speed limiters on the applicable cars.  Was this in NKP?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal