Xtreme Gaming Network

S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8

Author Topic: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8  (Read 8340 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8
« on: October 18, 2022, 10:33:58 PM »
After a round of busy racing, Scott just wins the round one point ahead of Bacchulum. The round win sees Scott take the championship lead from Brad, who is only 3 points behind Scott, and Bacchulum moves up into 3rd place.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
Scott_Racer   48
Bacchulum   48
Seanus   42
Wally   42
Joe   35
bradc   32
Freezer   27
Mael   16
AGK   0
woozer71   0
RobotSquid   0

Season Standings
1. Scott_Racer, 144
2. bradc, 141
3. Bacchulum, 129

The next round is on NOVEMBER 8 (as I am away), at Sportsland SUGO (West).
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 10:34:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 10:21:07 AM »
And in the meantime please test the changes made to the Kart.  Delete old version first.  Changed the Kart used for testing to prevent confusion, bolted horse doors not withstanding.

TEST SERVER

NEW KART

CHANGELOG:

Found real life data for the Tyre springrates, about three times stiffer than before.  :o
Returned all the grip, based on G-force telemetry and comparisons to KartKraft
Nixed the problematic Tyre load curves and gone back to the Kunos algorithm.
CoG changes.
Drive line inertia changes, a bit softer on the power now, but still locks up when you run out of fuel, which I am yet to solve.  :-[
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:14:54 PM by Seanus »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 10:46:47 AM »
@Mael

Please give this a try. I think rather than spinning all the time, you'll be back to complaining about the understeer!

@Others

Perhaps also take it for a spin on last weeks track for a direct comparison.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 11:00:36 AM »
@Bacchulum

Here's my POV, centre screen only. About 58 degrees Hfov and 9 degrees of downward tilt for the camera. You can see that my horizon is quite high on my screen. Camera is also a little lower and further back than the real head, I usually adjust until my steering wheel boss matches the in game one, I don't usually have the ingame wheel visible.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 04:24:26 PM »
Head tilt does nothing for me (I think it's overrulled by Real Head Motion).
I think my issue is my monitors are directly above my feet, so I need a strange FoV for the world to look lifelike.
This also means I can never see the actual car mirrors ( I NEED the virtual mirror).
I have set the camera lower and rearwards than the head, but to see the wheel I'm in the seat! :o :o :o

All this could be solved with VR.....

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 04:59:35 PM »
Head tilt does nothing for me (I think it's overrulled by Real Head Motion)...

Yes it is. I alt tab to RHM, click 'look options' then change it there. I use from between -1 to -12 depending on how old the seat I'm using is, as they tend to sink under my weight even then they barely last more than a year.
The OG version of RHM would save this setting on a per car basis, but Wally's optimised version uses a different .ini file so can't do this.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 06:02:23 PM »
I'll give it a crack, but I still think my strange FoV will prevent me seeing the kart.

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 09:06:11 PM »
@Mael
Please give this a try. I think rather than spinning all the time, you'll be back to complaining about the understeer!

Liked it. Bit strange with the front wheels invisible due to the seat being to far forward but I assume that's one of the funny things about karts! Still bit off the pace but I think that is a lack of talent. Did around 30 laps so enjoyed it.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 09:13:25 PM »
@Mael

Liked it. Bit strange with the front wheels invisible due to the seat being to far forward but I assume that's one of the funny things about karts! Still bit off the pace but I think that is a lack of talent. Did around 30 laps so enjoyed it.

Cool, the ever changing state of my mods can go down the wrong path sometimes, but this iteration I have been comparing to KartKraft and Kart Racing Pro and I think compare quite well to those sims. Same but different.
Kart Racing Pro has a free demo version if you'd like to give it a spin, single screen only but with VR.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 10:59:42 PM »
Just took it for a run and for me its a big improvement, much more stable, rear wheels not wanting to overtake the front!!
I took time off my Valencia laps straight away!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 01:57:47 PM »
I've put this new kart up on the SUGO West practice server (a twisty little track, no straights here), without a checksum for now. I do like the new kart.

@Seanus in the long run, are you going to rename this kart back to legion_shifter_kart? It just makes the season that's already underway a bit easier to manage without changing car names mid stream.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »
I think if we get a couple of more good reviews, it should be done.
I won't get a chance to test it until after 1130 tomorrow (I'll be working).

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 04:45:29 PM »
I've put this new kart up on the SUGO West practice server (a twisty little track, no straights here), without a checksum for now. I do like the new kart.

@Seanus in the long run, are you going to rename this kart back to legion_shifter_kart? It just makes the season that's already underway a bit easier to manage without changing car names mid stream.

The two Karts are almost identical except for graphics, but I used the other one to prevent confusion.
Come the end of your holidays the updated 'legion_shifter_kart' will be complete and can be used with just a data.acd download for everyone.
In the meantime you can leave the Tony Kart Vortex ROK Shifter (acfl_kart) on the server as it is much the same and will free up one of Thursday's servers.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 04:20:38 PM »
If it's more realistic, I guess we keep it. :-\
I, personally, don't like the update unless there's something added to give some more front end grip. ???
I keep smashing into the wall between the pits and the main straight.
You should be able to make it loose in a long, flatout, sweeper.

2+2=√16

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 07:33:22 PM »
I’m just wondering which mod we are racing tomorrow night?
 Are we keeping with the existing specs or moving to the update seanus posted earlier in this thread?
Cheers,
Bradc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal