Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R3: Brands Hatch GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R3: Brands Hatch GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 13157 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: February 02, 2016, 11:23:21 PM »
Format: 2 x 21 laps, 1.5 x fuel and 2 x tyres.
1 compulsory pit stop in each race, optional tyre change only allowed (no refuelling allowed).
Progressive grid: Race 2 start order set by race 1 finish order.

Weather: 25 Clear. 24 Clear.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R3: Brands Hatch GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:32:20 PM »
And practice server is up.
Hooray, clear and warm!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 09:59:08 AM »
Pull out the boardies and Hawaiian shirts!  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 07:08:37 PM »
I've downloaded a setup for the Nissan that seems nice.  I've only done a couple of laps with it, got a high '28.  Supposedly it's good for a '26.
Probably will need some tweaking for weather and personal preference.

Rolz

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 07:42:42 PM »
GB was getting '26 quite easily the other night... once again the man to catch  ::)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:28:24 PM »
GB was getting '26 quite easily the other night... once again the man to catch  ::)
He's not a measure for me, usually. I'm no alien material. :)

Having said that, it'd be nice to see what sort of times are being done on the server.  I'm wondering, if we were to start one long session instead of re-setting it often, would that mean the times would be readable in ptracker?  I'd really prefer that...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
He's not a measure for me, usually. I'm no alien material. :)

Having said that, it'd be nice to see what sort of times are being done on the server.  I'm wondering, if we were to start one long session instead of re-setting it often, would that mean the times would be readable in ptracker?  I'd really prefer that...

This link will always show the laptimes on the xgn practice server whatever combo it is for the week.  Its the same link I have put up multiple times ;)

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

Ptracker shows all times whenever you go in there so not exactly sure what you mean by 1 long session, as it doesnt matter how long or short a session your in, ingame ptracker will show the times. Out of game that link will show whatever current combo is running as long as 1 lap has been completed once the server is changed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 08:43:57 PM »
Also for pretty much all xgn guys I have added you as admins in stracker so this means using stracker you can change session lengths of the server while its running.

The commands needed with X being the number you want the session to change to for qualy time and race laps use these.
/st session qtime X
/st session rlap X

if at the end it says ok it means it has changed the server, then next time the session is skipped it will go the new times. The pit qualy time and race laps may be incorrect for you until you rejoin the server but in session timing will show the correct time or laps needed. Try not to change the same session more then once before the next skip as this can do some funky stuff with the sessions. I have seen it put qualy after race etc when doing this but if you exit and come back it should be ok. These changes will remain until the server is hard reset or someone else changes session lengths.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
Bird, I think ptracker does what you want ie it shows best times on server for selected combo.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:31 PM »
Yeah sorry guys I was flapping my keyboard w/o properly looking around.
And thanks for pointing it out for me!
Also Marty; thanks for telling me that I can see my fastest lap on mediums as well, not just on softs :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:26:26 AM »
You can see quite a bit more info in stracker server, press the little plus icon and you can select best times on any tyre. Click on any persons laptime at the bottom pressing manual compare then any other lap you select in the same combo will show the speed comparison.

Lambo vs mclaren me and Paul last race tonight both our best laps in that race and server bests on mediums. My Little mclaren is only 9kmph down on this little track, no idea how this has twin turbo's and such high fuel usage. Most of the fuel must just flow straight out the exhaust lol.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:27:06 AM by marty »

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »
This link will always show the laptimes on the xgn practice server whatever combo it is for the week.  Its the same link I have put up multiple times ;)

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

Thanks *again again again* for sharing Marty, need to introduce u to Dynamic DNS... as I'm always forgetting the ipaddress :P
Maybe u can piggyback off mine and we set something like marty.simracer.me discuss offline if interested.

Well going from the stats I have S3 nailed, just S1 is probably the part I need most improvement... T1 with the reverse road camber (is that the term?) that I really struggle on... and S2 I know the corner I have most trouble with.

Will be putting in a few hours tonight so I'll prolly cya u all then  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
Can look into that dynamic dns as long as that doesnt effect the actual public ip. I remember even moving to a static ip I couldnt get minorating and stracker to run once I changed that.

The link should stay the same indefinatly as the server has been running without issues recently and so no need for a hard reset which also forces a new ip.

Basically bookmarking that link should keep the stats page for the practice server which should be easier then typing in an ip anyway. Also youd need to then go within stracker and select the correct server stats so bookmarking that link I think is likely the best method to get the quickest access to the prac server stats.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 12:19:54 PM by marty »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »
Yeah. Rolz will probably forget the URLs as well :D  :D Maybe you introduce him to bookmarks when he shows you DDNS ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 01:34:54 PM »
I can help you out with DNS - amazon's route53 is a cheap & easy solution.  I can set up whatever you like. :)
I just set the TTL to 1 minute and off you go - it's as dynamic as it gets.

Edit: btw, are you running the server on Amazon, Marty?  if yes, an "elastic IP" ensures your IP won't change.  It costs nothing extra as long as you've one address for one running server.  If you need more info, look me up.

In fact...I can create a .xgn.com.au subdomain for this ... how about lapstats.xgn.com.au ?  Or more specifically tuesday-practice-stats...?
Wally, you want a subdomain for the league results?  Maybe we could/should sync it?

Alright, I've set a DNS record up, but since it points to the IP only, the URL is still funky.  It requires a .htaccess file config on the server.  One that'd recognise pure requests to the domain and redirect them to the url in question:
http://lapstats.xgn.com.au:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

something like:
Code: [Select]
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^$ http://lapstats.xgn.com.au:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

PS Marty I'm sorry to see you in that slow car, again :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:01:09 PM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal