Xtreme Gaming Network

S46 - Scorpion S1 Formula 500 - Season Info

Author Topic: S46 - Scorpion S1 Formula 500 - Season Info  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S46 - Scorpion S1 Formula 500 - Season Info
« on: March 26, 2023, 11:56:34 AM »
Season 46 is the Scorpion S1 Formula 500, racing on a bunch of lesser known Sports Car Club of America circuits used in the real life series.

Sign up for the season at the car dealer. If you don't have a login at the car dealer, PM me (Wally) your Steam ID and your racing name.
If you want to use a custom skin, or use the same skin every week, enter the skin folder name in the car dealer, e.g. "101" (without the quotes).

Car
Scorpion S1 download

Schedule
Season schedule and track downloads are HERE. The season starts April 4 and finishes May 23.

Roebling Road Raceway
Homestead Miami Speedway
Circuit of the Americas
Summit Point Raceway
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Pittsburgh International Race Complex
Carolina Motorsports Park
Portland International Raceway

Format
15 min qualifying session, starting at 8:30 pm Eastern.
3 x 20 minute sprint races, no pit stops. Race 2 and 3 start positions are the finish position of the previous race.

1 point bonus for pole position and fastest race lap.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: S46 - Scorpion S1 Formula 500 - Season Info
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 12:14:30 PM »
'Car Radar' users, (surely that's all of us by now!), here is a new collider for the car, drop it in the car folder and overwrite the original.
You will also need to delete the following folder, '*:\Users\*********\Documents\Assetto Corsa\apps\carRadar\td_scorpion_600' ,so that the App can regenerate the car shape.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 03:11:33 PM »
'Car Radar' users, (surely that's all of us by now!), here is a new collider for the car, drop it in the car folder and overwrite the original.
You will also need to delete the following folder, '*:\Users\*********\Documents\Assetto Corsa\apps\carRadar\td_scorpion_600' ,so that the App can regenerate the car shape.
Is there a benefit for everyone to use this, e.g. better collision detection?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2023, 03:30:16 PM »
It shows the actual collider not a generic box, and also the orientation not just proximity. And very configurable.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 03:32:57 PM »
It shows the actual collider not a generic box, and also the orientation not just proximity. And very configurable.
What I meant was, does this have benefits not just for Car Radar, but also collision detection while driving?

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 03:43:14 PM »
Probably yes, but can't be sure. 3D software and the Car Radar app saw the collider rotated 90° but if the game does also is the uncertain part.
I'll do some testing.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 03:51:16 PM »
Weirdness.
My '*:\Users\*********\Documents\Assetto Corsa' folder doesn't contain an 'apps' folder..... :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2023, 03:59:16 PM »
Weirdness.
My '*:\Users\*********\Documents\Assetto Corsa' folder doesn't contain an 'apps' folder..... :-\
Apps go under the steamcontent/assettocorsa... path.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 05:07:12 PM »
Testing just added to the confusion, the collider I had and which generated the tiny image has been overwritten, so I extracted an original from the car archive but it turns out to be oriented the right way!!
SNAFU

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2023, 08:59:36 PM »
This looks like the actual car we are driving, see the push\pull rocker shifter paddle and that it is the 'wrong' way around.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2023, 07:19:59 AM »
Those paddles would take some getting used to.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2023, 10:57:41 AM »
Apologies for disappearing for the later rounds.

The manager at work (I work in a Pub/hotel) left 3 weeks ago and I have replaced him on an interim basis and have been doing crazy long hours.
Was hoping to be able attend some of the later rounds but wasn't to be. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 11:41:12 AM »
Apologies for disappearing for the later rounds.

The manager at work (I work in a Pub/hotel) left 3 weeks ago and I have replaced him on an interim basis and have been doing crazy long hours.
Was hoping to be able attend some of the later rounds but wasn't to be.
Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of racing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal