Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run - shifter kart

Author Topic: Fun run - shifter kart  (Read 6489 times)

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Fun run - shifter kart
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »
Arrow published to the Blog.   Also Here.

And just between y'all and I the ACFL, Here.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2022, 09:17:41 PM »
We just finished a fun run in these, and the Shifter Kart was definitely more forgiving and fun to drive, with side by said racing possible. The single gear ROTAX was quite snappy and ended up being harder to drive.

Mael did leave early due to feeling motion sickness on a perpetually twisting track. Mael, did you adjust the camera settings? I lowered my camera a bit so I could see some of the steering wheel, and that might help with the feeling of motion sickness.

Overall, the shifter kart was fun to drive and would be good racing in a larger field.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »
Mael, did you adjust the camera settings?

Once I realized whats going on I did play with a few different camera settings but by then it was too late. Spend an hour laying flat on the bed to recover  :o

Liked both karts. The single speed would take a bit of effort from my side, suspect I would have to stop left foot braking to gain more sensitivity on controlling the rear brake.

The shifter kart would be more versatile, suitable for more tracks. But for a challenge in keeping those mid-corner speeds up the single speed would be more rewarding. 

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2022, 12:02:17 PM »
:) ;) :D ;D NOW WITH ADJUSTABLE CASTER  ;D :D ;) :)
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2022, 12:04:01 PM »
Which in a Kart is what allows the inside rear wheel to be unweighted, lest the Kart would not turn at all because of the solid rear axle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal