Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 4: Nurburgring Chat

Author Topic: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat  (Read 60634 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 4: Nurburgring Chat
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
I just need another 23 or so retirements an I might be in the points!!  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2014, 01:26:35 PM »
I bags Mopz's DTM! ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
Crimespree will be racing in Mopz's place, in a Group A.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
It looks like I should make the race with some luck I may make first qualy too.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
It looks like I should make the race with some luck I may make first qualy too.

Wally, can we move 1st qualifying forward 50mins?  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »
Server is up!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2014, 07:36:38 PM »
I had to restart the server to put Grubbet on the grid in place of Butters.

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2014, 09:56:50 PM »
thanks for the add to the race :) was a good race. lots of fun

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »
yep thanks guys, thoroughly enjoyed that!

@Rolz : i had to re watch the replay of the last corner a few more times, I enjoyed it!

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2014, 10:20:20 PM »
Sorry to all in race one, I didnt realize my ping was 180ish which makes it very hard to race against. Race two from the back of grid, more fun.

Well they used to say back to the drawing boards, but for me after a few bangs and crashes tonight, its back to the DTM.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 10:24:51 PM »
Sorry to all in race one, I didnt realize my ping was 180ish which makes it very hard to race against. Race two from the back of grid, more fun.

Well they used to say back to the drawing boards, but for me after a few bangs and crashes tonight, its back to the DTM.

I also noticed I beat Marty in race one. Then almost again in race two... nothing suspicious  :D

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »

I'm sorry as well because I shouldn't have dived into a corner like that regardless of your ping, we were side by side in the previous corner and I thought I'd duck into the inside and started to slide out but thinking about it, it was a low probability of me making it clean.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »

I'm sorry as well because I shouldn't have dived into a corner like that regardless of your ping, we were side by side in the previous corner and I thought I'd duck into the inside and started to slide out but thinking about it, it was a low probability of me making it clean.
Yer but i know how off putting a high ping opponent can be..... Live and learn, new league with a lot of new drivers, there is always going to be a few coming togethers.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2014, 10:33:41 PM »
Well, the DTM is a nicer car to drive, especially due to the proper gearing in place :)
But I rather like to race the groupA.  There's something not right overtaking Darren in a faster car.  I want to do it in the same car.  Just once...:)

First race was made funny, I thought it'll be lonely as I had a bit of pace on everyone around, but Freezer came out of the pits well in front, so we battled. I was stuck behind, without bump draft it's a bitch to overtake.  I've managed to mess up a T1 where he seemed to stick to the outside but then suddenly changed for the inside - I've tried to cross over to the outside to avoid but I've clipped the left rear.   Then after we've stopped I thought we can go past each other, but we couldn't.  Somehow the perspective or the car size isn't quite correct here I reckon.  The car is longer than it seems from the inside.  So we've lost a few positions.

But after this, I had a good couple of battles on my hand which made the 1st race fun, so no regrets :)

The second.  Well, Freezer started from the grid this time, so it was a lonely ride - a half a second to one second per lap advantage is enough to make the race a boring hot-lapping session.

If I get the DTM again, I'd like to opt to swap back to the group A in exchange for a couple of points, please ;)

Good racing and good fun, gents!

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »

I also noticed I beat Marty in race one. Then almost again in race two... nothing suspicious  :D
Marty theory, make it home from flight, buggered but must push on... just race to get crap results and get DTM for next week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal