Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R4: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R4: Imola Race Chat  (Read 12561 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R4: Imola Race Chat
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:10:06 PM »
3 x 9 laps at Imola. You will need the OSRW PIT MOD. Just extract it over the top of your Imola track.

Weather Forecast (expecting 32 degrees and sunny)

Start order is:

Flattop
Insomniac
Bafs17
Joe
Hornbag
Ben
Humper
Dave O
Rob
Guybrush Threepwood
Let's Test Drive
slideways
Mael
Wally
Grat
Freezer
EdWood
Bacchulum
hylas
Phil.8
Marty
Jeremy
Matthew111
Mitchyy
Rolz

Let me know if you can't make this round (I think Freezer said he'll be away). I don't know about Guybrush and Rolz.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:54:19 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R4: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 11:22:24 PM »
Server is up, in ballast testing the gtr was nearly 1 second slower then the other 3 here which were all very close here as the GTR is down a bit in top speed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 11:59:44 AM »
Checking weather there is possible rain at Imola so all the GTR guys maybe should start doing their rain dances. I think Guybrush will get the clean sweep in dry conditions but with lower grip the GTR will be pretty hard to beat I think.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »
Ive just adjusted the server grip start and gain, was getting a bit too low most sessions before. Now it should be starting between 97 and 100 and more likely at the higher end. It was at 97% +-2% now I have changed it at 99% +-2% so in theory this should favour 99-100 more then 97-99%. But the previous setting should never have gone below 95% yet I saw it get as low as 93 which makes no sense.

Main reason for the change is it seems on race nites it grips up fairly quick and so most running is done at the higher levels, also with a lower spread in grip levels its a bit easier to compare times but still have some running in lower grip to get a little used to that.

Looks like temps will be a bit cooler now also with a max of 28 at 2pm but only 23 for race 1 so I will drop temps down a bit from what the prac server has atm. Looks like rain is at 0% for Tuesday so another dry race and Wally doesnt need to turn the sprinklers on again.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
I have race nights at 95 +- 1% but yes, with the numbers it doesn't take long to grip up. I have the grip gain at 38 (i.e. 38 laps will raise track grip by 1%).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 02:00:31 PM »
Those gain numbers mean it builds real quick at 38 with 20 in it would gain 1% every 2 laps so at Brands if it started at 94% then it would get to 100% within 12 laps and only 8 if it started at 96%. At the end of the prac session its normally at 100% the last 45 minutes or so then only the races starts a bit low with the 2nd half picking up quick. At Imola being a longer lap though its likely it wont even get to 100%.

Kunos did change the default lap gains quite a bit as I think its probably a bit more realistic that way where it may start just a little lower but may only gain 1% all race rather then quicker then f1 track evolution which would be closer to that 38 number.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
Excellent. I was getting a bit bored with 95% on my own....20 laps in praccy and it still hadn't changed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 03:13:27 PM »
Excellent. I was getting a bit bored with 95% on my own....20 laps in praccy and it still hadn't changed.

If your on your own its not going to change much no matter what the gain setting is, what you can do is skip sessions until you get a grip level you want to practice in. The server pass is the regular xgn password and if you login you can easily skip sessions with "/next_session" command or if you have the admin app just press a single button. To login either add the password into the lobby when joining or type "/admin PASSWORD" where password is the actual password not the word password.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
Those gain numbers mean it builds real quick at 38 with 20 in it would gain 1% every 2 laps so at Brands if it started at 94% then it would get to 100% within 12 laps and only 8 if it started at 96%. At the end of the prac session its normally at 100% the last 45 minutes or so then only the races starts a bit low with the 2nd half picking up quick. At Imola being a longer lap though its likely it wont even get to 100%.

Kunos did change the default lap gains quite a bit as I think its probably a bit more realistic that way where it may start just a little lower but may only gain 1% all race rather then quicker then f1 track evolution which would be closer to that 38 number.

It's all so subjective though. Any percentage of grip is just some arbitrary grip level, you know? Combine that with tyre wear increasing, weight decreasing with fuel load as well, and the grip is all over the shop. At the moment, the track is as grippy as it's going to get about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way into the race, which is probably fairly realistic, instead of just increasing slowly over the whole race.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 06:46:52 PM »
Yeah most races series will start with a fairly gripped up track anyway when you consider all the practice and qual sessions.   Unless there is a downpour before the race or something.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 10:29:36 PM »
Yes I know it really doesnt matter its just mostly regarding the practice server as some people were not too happy with it mostly always being lowish grip. The way it is on race nites is fine but practice server was never getting to 100% grip which it gets to on race nites.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 01:56:03 PM »
Probably not going to make Tuesday night.  Due to fly out of Japan today but flight got cancelled due to the Typhoon.  Not sure when I will be back.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »
Probably not going to make Tuesday night.  Due to fly out of Japan today but flight got cancelled due to the Typhoon.  Not sure when I will be back.
OK, if it's a "probably", I'll leave you on the grid just in case.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:05 PM »
XGN TS seems to be down, I like Discord better with it's overlay and ease of use etc.. so here's an invite valid for 24 hours for anyone wanting to join the server. Server is located in Sydney. https://discord.gg/hE4y8

I'll be online tonight on the prac server and discord.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2016, 07:34:53 PM »

Are you sure it wasnt because you were too drunk to fly back or that your passport photo didnt really match your appearance. I dont know if your as pixelated in real life so maybe you need an updated photo now ;)

XGN TS seems to be down, I like Discord better with it's overlay and ease of use etc.. so here's an invite valid for 24 hours for anyone wanting to join the server. Server is located in Sydney. https://discord.gg/hE4y8

I'll be online tonight on the prac server and discord.

I would if my internet wasnt as dead as a dodo, may join at some point as I see a few are in atm if they manage to resurrect the dead bird tonight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal