Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R2 - Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez

Author Topic: S42R2 - Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez  (Read 7068 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S42R2 - Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2022, 11:48:02 PM »
Race 1 - drove quite well, got greedy on a curb in the infield section and landed on the next hooking the right rear turning me around, fought back to 5th.
Race 2 - was put into the wall at the first corner of race, spent forever in the pits getting repairs as the car was too damaged to drive...finished last
Race 3 - start well, this time getting past the 1st corner well into the lead, building a decent race lead cruising, conserving tyres 2 seconds in the lead and then get crashed into HEAD ON, just for the hell of it...car too damaged to drive, yet another long pitstop...finished last.

I think I'm done!
There will be good weeks and bad weeks - that's racing!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Rolz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2022, 06:26:25 AM »
Race 3 - start well, this time getting past the 1st corner well into the lead, building a decent race lead cruising, conserving tyres 2 seconds in the lead and then get crashed into HEAD ON, just for the hell of it...car too damaged to drive, yet another long pitstop...finished last.
yeah I got spun on the curb then onto the grass... after that I was a passenger... really sorry
replay to see...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmQrWIeMRVVGh5RS-WhRS2plYlc3AA?e=Yxuhdx

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2022, 08:36:35 AM »
I got 4th, 1st, 3rd, Mael got 1st, 5th, 4th. Even with an extra point for pole and fastest lap in one race, how is that 14 more points than me?
Oops, my mistake (I counted race 3 results twice). Fixed.

That looks more like it! I felt I had a better round but he had a heap more points  ;D

For my benefit; I still can't make that add up. Is it using what's on the info thread?

"Points
18-16-14-12-11-10-...-1
1 point bonus for pole position and fastest race lap."

Based on that I'd calculate for me 12 + 18 + 14 = 44
Meal would have 18 + 11 + 12 = 41 + one point for pole and one point for fastest lap in Race 1, so 43

Or am I missing something?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 09:45:57 AM »
I got 4th, 1st, 3rd, Mael got 1st, 5th, 4th. Even with an extra point for pole and fastest lap in one race, how is that 14 more points than me?

That looks more like it! I felt I had a better round but he had a heap more points  ;D

For my benefit; I still can't make that add up. Is it using what's on the info thread?

"Points
18-16-14-12-11-10-...-1

Meal would have 18 + 11 + 12 = 41 + one point for pole and one point for fastest lap in Race 1, so 43

ffs, I've got it right now. Joe won the round by one point from Mael.

I'm glad you're on the ball Joe! It must have been too late at night...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
My lap in race 2 was messy. Right near the start, I skidded of a kerb a bit which sent me sideways into Brad. Then later I had a sideways bump at the 1st hairpin (trying to pass inside Seanus, I think) which put me on the grass, no real harm done, but it slowed me enough that once I was back on track and moving again, I collected Freezer and went off again. I should have had more awareness and realised that Freezer was closing with more speed and left more room on the inside. I was on the racing line, but too slow.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2022, 10:00:07 AM »

"Points
18-16-14-12-11-10-...-1

ffs, I've got it right now. Joe won the round by one point from Mael.

I'm glad you're on the ball Joe! It must have been too late at night...

Haha I never normally question the points but something just didn't seem right

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2022, 10:02:50 AM »
My lap in race 2 was messy. Right near the start, I skidded of a kerb a bit which sent me sideways into Brad. Then later I had a sideways bump at the 1st hairpin (trying to pass inside Seanus, I think) which put me on the grass, no real harm done, but it slowed me enough that once I was back on track and moving again, I collected Freezer and went off again. I should have had more awareness and realised that Freezer was closing with more speed and left more room on the inside. I was on the racing line, but too slow.

I think just before collecting Freezer you were coming back onto the track from the right after the hairpin. I had Rolz up the outside and nowhere to go, got squeezed between you and Rolz and you spun and took Rolz out. I think was coming back from that where Freezer was involved.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2022, 10:36:50 AM »

I demand Joe get deducted 50 points for daring to question Wally!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 02:57:43 PM »

I demand Joe get deducted 50 points for daring to question Wally!!

I wasn't questioning Wally. I was questioning you winning a round!

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2022, 03:13:48 PM »
There will be good weeks and bad weeks - that's racing!

Understood, but not agreeing with the umpires decision. After leaving room at turn1 of the race, you don't expect to end up turning the opposite direction into a wall and then no penalty for ruining someone's race - don't worry, I'll ask my peanuts of pitcrew to fit the bull bar to the banged up Ford for next week....the race 3 thing is what annoys me the most because driver error or not, you should NEVER have a head on crash on a race track!

I don't normally get this upset about racing stuff, but these two incidents have really left me in a rather grumpy mood.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2022, 03:50:09 PM »
Haha I never normally question the points but something just didn't seem right
Can you stop asking questions Joe, each time you do I slip further down the ladder :) :) :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2022, 10:36:49 PM »
head on crash on a race track!

And that is why we do not see old school tracks in real life anymore. Layouts like that would never pass modern safety inspections. At the very least there should be a barrier preventing cars crossing into oncoming traffic when spinning off.

Can you imagine the chaos at the hairpin, Symmons Plains raceway without the central barrier?

Somethings were not better in the old day  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal